2020 Class A Sectionals Discussion

TribalEmpire

11 minutes ago, kwc said:

Those MM teams were coached by Faragi Phillips who is now on the Vanderbilt staff. However, those two A Memphis area teams are pretty tough, especially BTW. Two of their 3 losses on the season came at the hands of AAA Whitehaven. They played Whitehaven three (3) times this year, and won one of them. Whitehaven is a veteran team that is in the AAA state tournament this season. Behind closed doors or not, that BTW team has some DAWGS on it and they are ready to roll.

Phillips, his family and staff was first class 

1 hour ago, Nodoginthwhunt said:

This is a typical response from someone outside of Memphis. FYI BTW has 6 seniors, 4 been at BTW since 6th grade and the other 2 since 9th grade. I understand Memphis is "different" from the rest of Tennessee. Nonetheless, 5 teams from Shelby County will see you in Murfreesboro next week, including BTW, MAHS, Wooddale and Whitehaven all from the inner city. We bringing Houston along as well. 

Since you seem to be a Memphis “insider” How did Wooddale get all that talent overnight?  

2 minutes ago, UCSportsFan said:

Since you seem to be a Memphis “insider” How did Wooddale get all that talent overnight?  

Maybe because their Coach has FIVE sons whom won a State championship 6 out of the last 7 years! You heard of the Lawsons right? Well the youngest is arguably the best! His father has a couple of state championships under his belt including last year and a undefeated team. But I'm not a Memphis "insider".

9 hours ago, kwc said:

Those MM teams were coached by Faragi Phillips who is now on the Vanderbilt staff. However, those two A Memphis area teams are pretty tough, especially BTW. Two of their 3 losses on the season came at the hands of AAA Whitehaven. They played Whitehaven three (3) times this year, and won one of them. Whitehaven is a veteran team that is in the AAA state tournament this season. Behind closed doors or not, that BTW team has some DAWGS on it and they are ready to roll.

Faragi was legit and those teams were good. Union City lost badly to them in the state championship once and lost a somewhat close game on the road at Mitchell. They were very good and after seeing BTW and MAHS, They are no Mitchell. Good but no Mitchell

9 hours ago, Nodoginthwhunt said:

Maybe because their Coach has FIVE sons whom won a State championship 6 out of the last 7 years! You heard of the Lawsons right? Well the youngest is arguably the best! His father has a couple of state championships under his belt including last year and a undefeated team. But I'm not a Memphis "insider".

How long has their father been coaching at Wooddale?

11 hours ago, Nodoginthwhunt said:

I hope nobody would argue the youngest is the best. Dedric and Chandler were different beasts altogether than Jonathan. 

12 hours ago, Nodoginthwhunt said:

Cough**, cough** four, cough** gag* cough-cough*

2 hours ago, UCSportsFan said:

How long has their father been coaching at Wooddale?

Last year was his 1st at WHS. He was the HC at Hamilton HS some years back when his two eldest sons played there with him. HHS went to back-to-back championships getting the runner-up trophy the 1st year and the gold ball the next. As a HC, he has coached two different high schools to two gold and a silver.

37 minutes ago, FutureCOY said:

I hope nobody would argue the youngest is the best. Dedric and Chandler were different beasts altogether than Jonathan. 

He's different. He is being groomed to be a 6'-7" pg. That has always been how he has been handled, even when he played at East with coach Penny and James Wiseman. He came off the bench as a 6'-6" pg to relieve Alex Lomax when he was a freshman back in the day when they won the state title during Penny's last season there.

Edited by kwc