Covington @ SS --- SGC @ Wooddale

Jokur

12 hours ago, Jokur said:

SS's gym will be packed out and will be something Covington has never seen.  I like the Hawks by 8ish.

SGC should save their money and stay at home.  Maybe save up enough money that they can go to a private school like they desire. Wooddale by 25.

4 hours ago, Jokur said:

LOL my original post was low class? By saying you should save your $ so you can afford that private school you so desperately aspire to be? Hit a nerve didn’t I? We’re talking ball and you bring up ACT scores. What else were you trying to get across?

Looks to me like he was defending "his" school because of your LOW CLASS remark. You say "We're talking ball" but your post was the one that fired the first shot not concerning ball, and I'd have done the same if I were in his shoes. Pretty cheap to take a shot at team, their school, and their fanbase/community after a hard fought game where I think thy represented themselves very well, but it's a special kind of low to call him out for his response, as if he was throwing shade at anyone.

7 hours ago, JacksonSportsFan07 said:

I thought this was about basketball, but since you went there.  Yeah I will compare ACT scores apples to apples.  SGC is at the national average (21), with the demographics that they have, it isn't anything special.  You do not have the same kids that these schools have.  There are kids at these schools that can compete academically with the best at SGC.  Meanwhile the private schools in the area have similar demographics and their average ACT scores are closer to 30.  SGC is a good school, but they have the luxury of having their demographics.  I really do think SGC is a good school, but it really makes me mad when you want to come at other schools in the area.  Look at what you got at SGC and what the other schools are working with.  Every decent person in education takes pride in what they do and wants to produce good productive members of society.  Yes SGC should make the trip and I hope they give them heck and win.  I wish the best of luck to both teams out of Region 7AA.  I want West TN to dominate every sport.  

And just exactly what are you trying to say without saying? Better take a step back and look in the mirror before you take shots at folks who clearly didn't have a deeper intent than defending his public school from the implication that they weren't as good as a private.

17 minutes ago, tonym3143 said:

SS has their work cut out for themselves Monday night...I'm gonna try my BEST to that gym Monday night. Covington seems to be rolling at the right time. Both if these teams are very well coached and very athletic. I am very anxious to see this matchup.

More like Covington has their work cut out. Covington’s starting is decent! But they have no bench! I admit it will be a good game! South Side wins 75-70

53 minutes ago, HawkGuy06 said:

More like Covington has their work cut out. Covington’s starting is decent! But they have no bench! I admit it will be a good game! South Side wins 75-70

You very well could be right...as Dicky V says, this will he a dandy. I'm from Bolivar, and am a Bolivar fan first and foremost...but I worked in Jackson for 13 years and I know a handful of hawk faithfuls, so I always tend to pull for SS once my boys are finished.  But, I graduated from Covington and I always keep up with them and make a point to see them play several times a year. So, more or less, it doesn't matter to me who wins, I just want to witness it. 

7 hours ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

In looking back in ManofMillions post Indont see where he mentioned South Side. Maybe I’m missing something.....

No sir, you did not miss anything. 

Yet, another example of a coward that can go on the internet and talk trash about a fine group of young men that put together a great season by not even giving them a chance to compete with the cardinals... classless, shameless, clown. 

According to him we need to pool our money together so we be a private school. Whatever the heck that stupid statement meant...

Shame on you. What kind of grown man would spit trash about kids? Really? Get lost. 

Apparently , I am not the only one that feels that way. I would beg him to come meet some of these kids in person. I bet he would change his language about them...  

Done with this conversation. I hope joker thinks about his words, and finds that his words are intentionally nasty to a great group of kids that have done nothing, but overachieve all season long. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tonym3143 said:

Covington is definitely a little more shallow than SS and that could be the difference in the game...if Covington can solve the press and control tempo, they have a chance....otherwise,  I give SS the edge.

2 hours ago, tonym3143 said:

You very well could be right...as Dicky V says, this will he a dandy. I'm from Bolivar, and am a Bolivar fan first and foremost...but I worked in Jackson for 13 years and I know a handful of hawk faithfuls, so I always tend to pull for SS once my boys are finished.  But, I graduated from Covington and I always keep up with them and make a point to see them play several times a year. So, more or less, it doesn't matter to me who wins, I just want to witness it. 

From Bolivar & graduated from Covington I heard that. It will be a game for sure! Probably the best Covington team in school history! It’s a shame we have to play each other to make it to state! We should have to play a middle or East team instead of a west tn team. 

• Like 1

On 3/6/2020 at 6:14 PM, JacksonSportsFan07 said:

What’s the name of the thread? He wants to compare SGC to Covington, Wooddale, and SS. I got on here to see what people were saying about the sub-state games and I see someone wanting to run down the other schools because he’s obviously upset his team got beat. He wants to bring up ACT score but like I said apples to apples they are far from impressive. I’m not representing any school. I care about him running down kids he doesn’t know by claiming they have lower ACT scores.  I just want to set the record straight. Boasting an average ACT score to sound superior is laughable. Germantown has a similar demographic for a public school and their ACT score average around a 26. Again, it’s basketball. Not who has the best ACT score in the thread. But hey maybe that should be SGC’s slogan when they lose. At least we have an average ACT score. 

Germantown High School's demographic is closer to South Side, Covington, and Wooddale than it is South Gibson County.