Class A - State Championship Teams

MrMiyagi

5 minutes ago, mas1821 said:

If we get to play Gibson Co in the 2nd round, I think 20 is a bit high.  It's state, and Gibson Co has an awesome coach.

I prefer to beat everyone by 20 (less stressful on the ole ticker), but that won't happen.

We got to get by a good Pickett County team. Loretto would be favored against either of us but both would be a challenge and a dogfight for Loretto.i have watched film on Pickett. They can play.

58 minutes ago, 1MustangFan said:

What peace offering you pretentious jerk? I ignored your incoherent ramblings for a couple of days as my own peace offering and you came back at us with the “drinking champagne or forgot their password” bull crap. 
And the last thing I’m worried about is testing your patience backwoods keyboard champ. If you were the bad boy you claim, you wouldn’t have to tout yourself as such. You’re the only one on here that sound feminine sweetie. You gonna “scratch my eyeballs out?” Are you still in high school? Because you still have the raw butt about us beating you last week. I’ll tell you now this is my last response in case my inactivity causes you concern. Honestly, you and your kind don’t deserve any attention. You call for it too much. See you later sis. 

Nice lol. I like it 

36 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

We got to get by a good Pickett County team. Loretto would be favored against either of us but both would be a challenge and a dogfight for Loretto.i have watched film on Pickett. They can play.

Pickett is no joke. The only team they’ve lost to is Clarkrange and this years Clarkrange team is a different species than last years team was as Moore County found out.  They brought the same team from last year up to Clarkrange where they played them close all the way up until middle of the 4th. This year ..... 45-7 at the half. Pickett is a top 5 team and they can flat out play. They are well coached. Coach Smiths’ team will not be out hustled or unprepared. If you beat them you will know you’ve been in a war and I’m sure GC is the same.  Well coached rich in history big time athletes etc...  Unfortunately whomever comes out of this war will get a well rested Loretto team. Their bench will play most of the 2nd half and I doubt their starters break a sweat. It is what it is. 

Edited by UCSportsFan

52 minutes ago, MrMiyagi said:

Pioneer

How good is Westview?

You all beat them by 9 and they ended the year ranked #2 in Class AA. Was that the best game you all played this year, injures by WV, home court advantage or what? 

Westview is very good. Alexis Callins got injured very early in the season which may have caused a tough loss to Gibson and Union City. People could make the argument that if Callins was never hurt westview would be undefeated. 

1 hour ago, MrMiyagi said:

Pioneer

How good is Westview?

You all beat them by 9 and they ended the year ranked #2 in Class AA. Was that the best game you all played this year, injures by WV, home court advantage or what? 

We played at their place in the showcase classic. They were without Callins and they were still trying to figure out things. We played really well and shot lights out that night and they didn’t. But they have Callins back and are on fire right now. Freshman PG is a beast and has D-1 schools all over looking at her. Very good team. Grainger probably not a pushover either. Ought to be a good game!!

1 hour ago, UCSportsFan said:

Pickett is no joke. The only team they’ve lost to is Clarkrange and this years Clarkrange team is a different species than last years team was as Moore County found out.  They brought the same team from last year up to Clarkrange where they played them close all the way up until middle of the 4th. This year ..... 45-7 at the half. Pickett is a top 5 team and they can flat out play. They are well coached. Coach Smiths’ team will not be out hustled or unprepared. If you beat them you will know you’ve been in a war and I’m sure GC is the same.  Well coached rich in history big time athletes etc...  Unfortunately whomever comes out of this war will get a well rested Loretto team. Their bench will play most of the 2nd half and I doubt their starters break a sweat. It is what it is. 

They get up and down the floor quick in transition. Always great ball movement on offense and in attack mode. Ought to be a great game. Gibson County is noted for the same motto in playing hard as well and leaving it on the floor.Pickett is always well coached and runs lots of movement. We will have our hands full. 

Edited by pioneer42

2 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

They get up and down the floor quick on transition. Always great ball movement on offense and in attack mode. Ought to be a great game. Gibson County is noted for the same motto in playing hard as well and leaving it on the floor.Pickett is always well coached and runs lots of movement. We will have our hands full. 

I plan on being at all the class A games and Uppermans game 

15 hours ago, mas1821 said:

If we get to play Gibson Co in the 2nd round, I think 20 is a bit high.  It's state, and Gibson Co has an awesome coach.

I prefer to beat everyone by 20 (less stressful on the ole ticker), but that won't happen.

Greenfield beat Gibson Co. by 18 in the region championship, and it honestly could have been worse if they hadn't held the ball down the stretch. Gibson Co. is talented, but doesn't have the depth they had last year. Wilkins is a great coach, but they are limited in what they can do offensively with Neal out. Hart has had to carry the load for them and I'm not sure how long that can last.

37 minutes ago, SportsWestTN said:

Greenfield beat Gibson Co. by 18 in the region championship, and it honestly could have been worse if they hadn't held the ball down the stretch. Gibson Co. is talented, but doesn't have the depth they had last year. Wilkins is a great coach, but they are limited in what they can do offensively with Neal out. Hart has had to carry the load for them and I'm not sure how long that can last.

Greenfield froze the ball with a 12 point lead starting the forth quarter. Greenfield froze the ball because they didn’t like that Gibson County wasn’t going away easy. Let’s tell it like it is. Typical Greenfield response. Oh we could have won by 30 but we froze the ball and give you a break.

Edited by pioneer42