A State Matchup Clarkrange vs Huntingdon

mas1821

12 minutes ago, Waker said:

I’m just saying none of these 8 teams are going to be a push over. Huntingdon has lost 5 games. 3 of those games were at the hands of TCA who just won the state in D-ll, undefeated Greenfield and Loretto. 

Clarkrange and Pickett County both pounded Oneida. Summertown wins that substate by 30 as do most of the top tier teams. Greenfield and Loretto draw the weakest teams in the tournament. Now does that mean these teams don’t have a chance?  No it does not but they are prohibitive favorites. 

5 minutes ago, Waker said:

I’m just saying none of these 8 teams are going to be a push over. Huntingdon has lost 5 games. 3 of those games were at the hands of TCA who just won the state in D-ll, undefeated Greenfield and Loretto. 

I agree with you. I think there may be "favorites" in each class to win and everybody is entitled to their opinion but this time of year is a perfect time for upsets. We have all saw it happen before. IMO the winners Thursday will be Greenfield, Loretto, Clarkrange, and Gibson County but honestly it is hard to pick because we don't get to see the others play. I see more of course of Clarkrange, Pickett, and Oneida. Very little of the others. I do know records can be deceiving so I don't put alot of faith in that. Eight good teams made it and one will win. Play same games in a couple weeks and we might have a different winner. All it takes is a bad shooting night or foul trouble and the "favorite" can go down quick. Either way, good luck to everyone. 

1 hour ago, UCSportsFan said:

Bet!  How much you want? You’ll see when they play. I’m sure she is a great player and it sounds like y’all have brought in a good one!  Where she get recruited I mean where did she move in from?

The irony of an Upperman fan commenting on a team recruiting a player

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Khall555 said:

The irony of an Upperman fan commenting on a team recruiting a player

One who lived in a glass house should not throw stones. How’s that recruit from Watertown working out for you?  Name a player that’s moved into Upperman from outside of Putnam County. I’ll be here waiting

1 minute ago, UCSportsFan said:

One who lived in a glass house should not throw stones. How’s that recruit from Watertown working out for you?  Name a player that’s moved into Upperman from outside of Putnam County. I’ll be here waiting

Miss basketball Levy and her sister are not exactly from Putnam country nor Baxter.

the Watertown girl barely plays and certainly doesn’t start.

Macon’s 2 best players are both children of two great Macon boys players and Both are related to the legendary coaches from Macon. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Khall555 said:

Miss basketball Levy and her sister are not exactly from Putnam country nor Baxter.

the Watertown girl barely plays and certainly doesn’t start.

Macon’s 2 best players are both children of two great Macon boys players and Both are related to the legendary coaches from Macon. 

Come on you know that’s not true, I’ve watched every game Upperman and Macon have played and the “transfer” plays a lot and she was the difference in the game at Upperman.  Levy moved in here from a different state she was told  that she wasn’t wanted at Livingston and was shown the door, so they moved to Baxter.  Now that turned out to be a bad career move and I’m sure there were other factors involved but that’s how it played out. 

As far as coaching goes, Larry White is the best Macon has ever had and I’m pulling for my buddy to win a gold ball. He definitely deserves it. 

Edited by UCSportsFan

18 minutes ago, UCSportsFan said:

Come on you know that’s not true, I’ve watched every game Upperman and Macon have played and the “transfer” plays a lot and she was the difference in the game at Upperman.  Levy moved in here from a different state she was told  that she wasn’t wanted at Livingston and was shown the door, so they moved to Baxter.  Now that turned out to be a bad career move and I’m sure there were other factors involved but that’s how it played out. 

As far as coaching goes, Larry White is the best Macon has ever had and I’m pulling for my buddy to win a gold ball. He definitely deserves it. 

I honestly have no issues with how Levy got to Upperman but just don’t like it when people accuse other schools of “recruiting” when all schools in this area do it. One of the best players in Clarkrange history (Hall) came from Crossville and so did Cumberland county’s current coach they were both on the best team in school history IMO. Jackson County went from multiple State Championships to a nobody magically. 

I have not watched every Macon game but from what I have seen they probably win all those games without the Watertown girl.

My dad grew up playing sports with Larry White and knows him real well but it’s very debatable if he is the best Coach in Macon history Carter or Donoho are in the conversation along with Beamer.

Clarkrange is the best team I have seen all year outside of Macon and they should win this one but I don’t know if they can win it all.

Edited by Khall555