TSSAA Class AA bracket

HawkGuy06

3 minutes ago, ballinup90 said:

You honestly think Upperman would be favorited over Pearl Cohn or East. It’s a different type spend and athleticism than what they’ve seen ALL season. Sorry. 

I think they are as good or better. Chattanooga Howard was faster too supposedly, but what happened in that game?  

You honestly think Upperman would be favorited over Pearl Cohn or East. It’s a different type spend and athleticism than what they’ve seen ALL season. Sorry. 

Not sure you can say a different speed and athleticism than they have seen all season. Unless you know every team they have played. Palatka Florida is a very fast and athletic team. 4A team that is very good. With that being said all it means is they have face a few very quick athletic teams. Really means nothing for this game.

Edited by UTRok

1 hour ago, UTRok said:

Very tough draw for Upperman. Draw the only undefeated in the tourney. Then take in to account SS can flat play.

Yeah tough draw no doubt but there are no gimmies at this level so might as well play them early. Upper Cumberland teams draw all west Tn teams. 

York draws the best team money can buy out of Memphis. Recruits at every position on that team.  Yeah I know who the coach is but Wooddale couldn’t beat a middle school team before he got there and his AAU team showed up. Wooddale has a grand total of 11 wins and 53 losses over a 3 year period and as recent as 2 years they win ONLY 2 games!  3 years ago guess how many games this team won??? ZERO! In the 2017/18 season they won 9 games and got beat 90-51 in the first round of the district tournament.  Like I said, They couldn’t even beat a decent middle school team and the very next year (last year) they go 34-4 and win a state championship?  Now someone that’s a basketball guru down there in Memphis explain how this happens without illegal player movement and recruiting?  I’ll wait......

Edited by UCSportsFan

I picked SS over Covington by 20.

If SS is without Maclin this game is even money. It might come down to does SS make FT's.

Don't sleep on Upperman. They have basically destroyed everyone they played for the most part with the exception of a handful of games...much like SS. If SS makes FT's and can contain the hot shot guard for Upperman they have a clear advantage..however, that may not be as easy as it sounds. Never ever ever loose sight of the importance of FT shooting.....it can be an equalizer in some matchups.

SS margin for error simply goes down significantly if Maclin is out. If he plays bet the bank on the Hawks. If he doesn't toss a coin.

16 minutes ago, Tnfootball1234 said:

Should be a great tournament. I’ll take SS vs Wooddale for the gold. With SS winning it all 

If Upperman doesn’t win then I’ll be pulling for anyone but the AAU recruits out of Memphis. Until T$$AA grows a pair and start policing Memphis this will always be an issue. 

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, yankees8589 said:

I picked SS over Covington by 20.

If SS is without Maclin this game is even money. It might come down to does SS make FT's.

Don't sleep on Upperman. They have basically destroyed everyone they played for the most part with the exception of a handful of games...much like SS. If SS makes FT's and can contain the hot shot guard for Upperman they have a clear advantage..however, that may not be as easy as it sounds. Never ever ever loose sight of the importance of FT shooting.....it can be an equalizer in some matchups.

SS margin for error simply goes down significantly if Maclin is out. If he plays bet the bank on the Hawks. If he doesn't toss a coin.

Don’t worry Macklin will be full strength by next Thursday!