Never too early....Who wins Class A 2020-21

gogold

5 hours ago, GlassHouseBound said:

GC took it to another level tonight.  Don’t see them being touched til state tourney.   Just obliterated Bradford tonight.  Wouldn’t be surprised to see round 4 between GC/Peabody.  Greenfield better be ready Monday night.  

Greenfield has better guard play than Gleason and they can shoot the 3 better. Greenfield is very discipled and they don't panic when pressured. I think that Peabody/ Greenfield is a tossup rn... could see either team winning.

10 hours ago, rebelman101 said:

Greenfield has better guard play than Gleason and they can shoot the 3 better. Greenfield is very discipled and they don't panic when pressured. I think that Peabody/ Greenfield is a tossup rn... could see either team winning.

Will for sure be a great game! If Peabody brings the pressure and executes the game plan like they did vs Gleason last night, Peabody will come away with the win! Totally took Gleason out of anything they wanted to do! Very impressive! I hope we get another GC vs Peabody match up in Region finals! 

46 minutes ago, BABABA said:

Will for sure be a great game! If Peabody brings the pressure and executes the game plan like they did vs Gleason last night, Peabody will come away with the win! Totally took Gleason out of anything they wanted to do! Very impressive! I hope we get another GC vs Peabody match up in Region finals! 

Yeah who doesn’t wanna see another 15-20 point GC win in a championship game......   I’m sorry.  I couldn’t help it.  Peabody plays their tales off and I could definitely see them beating Greenfield.  Nobody is beating the GC team I watched last night until they get to the glass house.  And even then good luck.  

8 minutes ago, GlassHouseBound said:

Yeah who doesn’t wanna see another 15-20 point GC win in a championship game......   I’m sorry.  I couldn’t help it.  Peabody plays their tales off and I could definitely see them beating Greenfield.  Nobody is beating the GC team I watched last night until they get to the glass house.  And even then good luck.  

It’s ok GlassHouse never know what happens, besides I said I’d like to see it. Could careless what you think. Big accomplishment for the Peabody group as they continue to over achieve. You get the gold star for smart ####  of the day at the moment Though congrats! Must live in a Glasshouse also sorry couldn’t help it. lol. 

46 minutes ago, GlassHouseBound said:

I am still one game at a time mind frame.  Union City, like Dyersburg and many others tend to show up when they play Gibson County. I do believe both Region semis will be dogfights. Gibson County played really well last night. I agree they play like they did last night it will be hard for any team to beat them. 

2 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

I am still one game at a time mind frame.  Union City, like Dyersburg and many others tend to show up when they play Gibson County. I do believe both Region semis will be dogfights. Gibson County played really well last night. I agree they play like they did last night it will be hard for any team to beat them. 

I agree with that as well pioneer42. Y’all have a good Sunday! I’m going to enjoy the rest of my day! Good luck to both 14-A teams tomorrow! 

17 minutes ago, BABABA said:

I agree with that as well pioneer42. Y’all have a good Sunday! I’m going to enjoy the rest of my day! Good luck to both 14-A teams tomorrow! 

That’s right!! Good luck to both teams!!! Greenfield has had a different style playing slow and having long possessions. Peabody definitely will come at them and pressure them. Peabody seemed to do well against Gleason. Shame all these games are on same night. Got some big one’s all over the state tomm!! 

1 hour ago, BABABA said:

It’s ok GlassHouse never know what happens, besides I said I’d like to see it. Could careless what you think. Big accomplishment for the Peabody group as they continue to over achieve. You get the gold star for smart ####  of the day at the moment Though congrats! Must live in a Glasshouse also sorry couldn’t help it. lol. 

Dang it was truly just a light hearted joke.  Apologize for the seriousness lol.  If we can’t have fun why be here.  This time of the year it only takes 1 game to be sent to the house.  And anybody can beat anybody.  Good luck Monday night. 

15 hours ago, rebelman101 said:

The keys for Greenfield are definitely handling the press and rebounding.  Other than Darby, our girls can get flustered by a quick team that presses full court.  Also, our lack of size hurts our rebounding.  If we can take care of the ball and box out, I think we have a good chance.  Biggs and Crouse have really turned it on here lately and are knocking down 3s like crazy.  Peabody should be a good game.  I’ve heard great things about their team being quick and having a couple guards that can really shoot.  Hopefully we can pull this game out and make another trip to state.  Either way, our girls have exceeded my expectations considering all that they lost from last years team.  Coach Tori is a great coach and will have them in the mix for years to come.

5 hours ago, BABABA said:

I personally would to like to see a Greenfield/ Gibson County matchup in the region championship. I think Greenfield is playing much better as the season goes on and the supporting cast around Edie Darby are knocking down shots.  The first meeting between Gibson and Greenfield was a very close game.

13 minutes ago, JacketPride5 said:

The keys for Greenfield are definitely handling the press and rebounding.  Other than Darby, our girls can get flustered by a quick team that presses full court.  Also, our lack of size hurts our rebounding.  If we can take care of the ball and box out, I think we have a good chance.  Biggs and Crouse have really turned it on here lately and are knocking down 3s like crazy.  Peabody should be a good game.  I’ve heard great things about their team being quick and having a couple guards that can really shoot.  Hopefully we can pull this game out and make another trip to state.  Either way, our girls have exceeded my expectations considering all that they lost from last years team.  Coach Tori is a great coach and will have them in the mix for years to come.

Coach Liggett was a great hire for y'all. She gets after the officials and really motivates her players ( reminds me a lot of Kellie Jolly Harper). The key to Peabody is you have to attack the basket either to draw the foul or kick it out for the 3. In the Gleason game, Peabody was able to get a lot of steals and forced turnovers because Gleason wasn't attacking their zone; they were just simply passing it around the perimeter which caused the Lady tide to get in the passing lanes which led to steals and easy layups. On the defensive end; Greenfield must be ready to take charges. Easley and CeCe Johnson love to drive to the basket. If you get those two, but Johnson in particular in foul trouble, then Greenfield has a chance to get the W.