Never too early....Who wins Class A 2020-21

gogold

3 hours ago, VOLnWTN said:

Hats off to Loretto.  Their inside game and defensive pressure taking away our 3 ball was the difference.  Outstanding play by the Senior Weathers after being hurt the entire 1st half.  She came out and dominated the the second half. She 14 in the third alone and finished I think with 25.  Karly had 18. For McKenzie Davis had 19, Bennett 22, Reynolds 11, and Auvenshine 2.  Zero from our other 4 scorers. 
Good luck the rest of the way. 

Hey,  McKenzie has a really good team.  Loretto came over to play and they respected McKenzie and their team.  They were deserving of their ranking and will have a team that will be tough in A class next season. Congrats on your very good year.

7 hours ago, pioneer42 said:

Good win for Loretto. Did I understand that Kinsey Weathers had 25 or so and didn’t play first half??? If so what a performance. Big win for Peabody!!! Greenfield with a great year and beat a really good Union City team .Have to give Union City credit. They protected the ball and ran some long possessions. Their guards handled the ball really well. 

Early in the first period she went down.  They had ice in her knee the entire first half.  She comes out after half with a brace and went off! We couldn’t check her on the inside.  I think she had 2 before she went out.  14 or 16 in the third, and maybe 8 in the 4th.  I would have to look at my score sheet.  I felt good going into the half holding Karly to 7 points. She ended the night with 18 or 19.  And they probably had 10 blocked shots. 

Anyway, they came out with a great game plan and took away our shooting. 

8 hours ago, JacketPride5 said:

Tough loss tonight for us.  We shot the ball terribly from 3 and missed at least 8 layups.  A lot of that had to do with Peabody’s defensive pressure, but you still can’t miss layups like that.  Peabody’s offense did not impress me at all.  They can’t miss a 3 if they are left open, but besides that they have to score off of the fast break.  None of their players can dribble with their off hand.  00 can only go left and the rest of the team can only go right.  After we figured that out at halftime, we forced them left and they would fumble the ball right to us.  They will struggle mightily against good defensive teams that can handle the ball (ie. Gibson County, Clarkrange, etc.).

Now to after the game.  Peabody may be the most classless fan base I’ve seen.  When the game ended, their student ran onto the court taunting our players and dancing and stomping on our logo.  I can get over that because kids will do childish things, but still it is terrible sportsmanship.  But what really got me is when the parents are running on the court waving their Peabody jackets at the Greenfield fans and taunting them.  You would think as much as they have won in football that they would know how to win with class, but apparently not.  I cannot wait for Gibson County and whoever they play at State to blow them out.

Emotions were high.  But it’s a stretch for a greenfield fan to try to call out another team for celebrating too much. Greenfield is known for having some of the most involved and emotional fans around.  And that’s what makes them tough at home.  Don’t try to turn it into classless when a team that beats you does the same.  Y’all had some people running around they gym during the game late when y’all came back to tie.  It’s tournament time.  

1 hour ago, VOLnWTN said:

Early in the first period she went down.  They had ice in her knee the entire first half.  She comes out after half with a brace and went off! We couldn’t check her on the inside.  I think she had 2 before she went out.  14 or 16 in the third, and maybe 8 in the 4th.  I would have to look at my score sheet.  I felt good going into the half holding Karly to 7 points. She ended the night with 18 or 19.  And they probably had 10 blocked shots. 

Anyway, they came out with a great game plan and took away our shooting. 

McKenzie’s got a great future and had a great season. Congrats to Loretto on a great road win .I do believe the draw in Murfreesboro will mean even more this year.