Never too early....Who wins Class A 2020-21

gogold

2 minutes ago, Jaychapman said:

The other Loretto guards handle ball very well / don’t turn it over / so don’t rely on that - of course 1st option is Karly -should be glasshouse atmosphere wish I could see it but we got or worries w Hutingdon 

No attendance restrictions like old days and no other games this game would be a great gate at UTM. This game is a big one.

2 hours ago, pioneer42 said:

McKenzie will have to guard Kinsey Weathers as well. McKenzie’s post defense will be something to watch here. This one will come down to the wire. Vegas line probably 2-4 point line favoring McKenzie. I am taking McKenzie by 4 but this one is a coin flip. Loretta probably the mental edge here because they have eliminated McKenzie the last two seasons. Wouldn’t surprise me Loretto wins either. Two really good teams.

Bennett and Callahan will be on her. IMO Callahan matches up with her physical wise but she will have to stay out of foul trouble. Bennett has done a great job all year staying out of foul trouble. I know you get this but others on this board dont.... This is the same McKenzie team that played Loretto last year. We were slow, turnover prone and couldn't hit a layup even if we were uncontested. Wilkins has done a great job developing players in the offseason and improving our fundamentals.  That has led to improved play and a 27 and 1 season. We are probably the most physical team that Loretto will play all year.

20 minutes ago, rebelman101 said:

Bennett and Callahan will be on her. IMO Callahan matches up with her physical wise but she will have to stay out of foul trouble. Bennett has done a great job all year staying out of foul trouble. I know you get this but others on this board dont.... This is the same McKenzie team that played Loretto last year. We were slow, turnover prone and couldn't hit a layup even if we were uncontested. Wilkins has done a great job developing players in the offseason and improving our fundamentals.  That has led to improved play and a 27 and 1 season. We are probably the most physical team that Loretto will play all year.

I know y’all can play and Wilkins has brought a ton of energy and fundamentals to this team. Y’all are like us and will be tough next year. Loretto has always been a handful with their length in the half court. Y’all will have to play fast to get some good looks. Two really good teams that have Gold Ball potential. 

2 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

I know y’all can play and Wilkins has brought a ton of energy and fundamentals to this team. Y’all are like us and will be tough next year. Loretto has always been a handful with their length in the half court. Y’all will have to play fast to get some good looks. Two really good teams that have Gold Ball potential. 

Yes you are right. Man I would love to see a GC and McKenzie rematch at the glasshouse. Single A will be a lot easier for us next year with a good amount of teams moving up to AA. Loretto will come out with a good game plan against us and they think they will try a lot of what Huntingdon has a done the past two times they have played us.

3 minutes ago, rebelman101 said:

Yes you are right. Man I would love to see a GC and McKenzie rematch at the glasshouse. Single A will be a lot easier for us next year with a good amount of teams moving up to AA. Loretto will come out with a good game plan against us and they think they will try a lot of what Huntingdon has a done the past two times they have played us.

You and me both. We got our work cut out for us too. Union City has a good squad. Last years game with Union City was one of the best games I have watched in that gym. You talking about a dogfight. Gym was packed and people standing all around the rails. It was a Rocky Balboa Apollo Creed slugfest.

43 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

You and me both. We got our work cut out for us too. Union City has a good squad. Last years game with Union City was one of the best games I have watched in that gym. You talking about a dogfight. Gym was packed and people standing all around the rails. It was a Rocky Balboa Apollo Creed slugfest.

Madison and Jada Williams going at it will be a good matchup. Last years game was a fun one. who knows it might be a defensive battle once again.  It  will be a great game regardless but can Union City keep its turnovers down to stay in the ball game late? Which Union City team will show up? I am not sure. Gibson county's keys are to try to get Jada into foul trouble and let the supporting cast for UC try to do the scoring. We might have that Rocky type slugfest in McKenzie tomorrow. 

8 hours ago, rebelman101 said:

Madison and Jada Williams going at it will be a good matchup. Last years game was a fun one. who knows it might be a defensive battle once again.  It  will be a great game regardless but can Union City keep its turnovers down to stay in the ball game late? Which Union City team will show up? I am not sure. Gibson county's keys are to try to get Jada into foul trouble and let the supporting cast for UC try to do the scoring. We might have that Rocky type slugfest in McKenzie tomorrow. 

UC's biggest key will be getting Williams and Bonds going early on the offensive end. I think they'll need a 20+ point performance from each if they are going to pull off the upset. I agree, gotta keep turnovers down and not give Gibson Co. anything easy. Would definitely be a fun game to be at. This late in the year, I'm not sure I'm going to be able to find a ticket for any of these games (Thanks, COVID). 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, rebelman101 said:

Jada is foul prone for sure and GC needs to get it to Madison early and often. It will be a war no doubt.