Never too early....Who wins Class A 2020-21

gogold

Looking at some stats this morning on Loretto off of unapproved website (not sure how accurate they are) but 2 stats stick out to me.  Obviously, Karly Weathers avg. 23 a game.  The other is Loretto's free throw % of 71% for the team.  KEY STAT!!  In this type of game, like in most basketball games, I think this game is going to be won or loss at the line.  

Can't wait.  If you can't make the game, you can tune into 98.9 FM or you can also call 1-631-359-8606 and listen.  I don't do the play by play for basketball (unless something changes tonight) but I will give some color. 

Good luck to all tonight! 

30 minutes ago, VOLnWTN said:

Looking at some stats this morning on Loretto off of unapproved website (not sure how accurate they are) but 2 stats stick out to me.  Obviously, Karly Weathers avg. 23 a game.  The other is Loretto's free throw % of 71% for the team.  KEY STAT!!  In this type of game, like in most basketball games, I think this game is going to be won or loss at the line.  

Can't wait.  If you can't make the game, you can tune into 98.9 FM or you can also call 1-631-359-8606 and listen.  I don't do the play by play for basketball (unless something changes tonight) but I will give some color. 

Good luck to all tonight! 

Will check the 631 number. Dogfight Monday 8.5 hours away.

15 hours ago, rebelman101 said:

Bennett and Callahan will be on her. IMO Callahan matches up with her physical wise but she will have to stay out of foul trouble. Bennett has done a great job all year staying out of foul trouble. I know you get this but others on this board dont.... This is the same McKenzie team that played Loretto last year. We were slow, turnover prone and couldn't hit a layup even if we were uncontested. Wilkins has done a great job developing players in the offseason and improving our fundamentals.  That has led to improved play and a 27 and 1 season. We are probably the most physical team that Loretto will play all year.

With all due respect this is not the same Mckenzie team as last season.  Y’all have two sophomores that didn’t play and two freshman that have made a huge impact.  Davis (district mvp) as a freshman speaks to the different team y’all are.  Wilkins inherited a very talented team.  He is a good coach but they have more talent than they have had in a while.  

31 minutes ago, 1983 said:

With all due respect this is not the same Mckenzie team as last season.  Y’all have two sophomores that didn’t play and two freshman that have made a huge impact.  Davis (district mvp) as a freshman speaks to the different team y’all are.  Wilkins inherited a very talented team.  He is a good coach but they have more talent than they have had in a while.  

I agree but with if we had last years coach I dont think we win the district and only lose one game all year. He was a slow down the ball coach, and that's not what our girls need to play like. I agree on the talent but the coaching is a whole lot better than last year. Not sure who you mean with the sophomores but Auvenshine and K. Reynolds did a lot of minutes last year.

5 minutes ago, rebelman101 said:

I agree but with if we had last years coach I dont think we win the district and only lose one game all year. He was a slow down the ball coach, and that's not what our girls need to play like. I agree on the talent but the coaching is a whole lot better than last year. Not sure who you mean with the sophomores but Auvenshine and K. Reynolds did a lot of minutes last year.

I agree on the coaching and I didn’t realize Auvenshine played a lot last year, my bad.  Yes she was one I was thinking about.

10 minutes ago, time4Achange said:

Anyway to listen or watch the Clarkrange game. Its ridiculous they charge $250 to live stream each game 

Most years I understand the charge for places that stream it; but with attendance limited, I think that should be waived. Saw a boys game that is tomorrow night that has already sold out. I assume most of these other games are going to be impossible to get into. Stinks for those of us that won't be able to see.

1 hour ago, rebelman101 said:

Nail on head with the coach.  And, we upgraded with the work ethic as well.  Our girls are in shape.  That is night and day different from last year. 

1 hour ago, 1983 said:

I agree on the coaching and I didn’t realize Auvenshine played a lot last year, my bad.  Yes she was one I was thinking about.

I think Auvenshine should have started last year as a Freshman.  She gets after it! Love watching her play. And she can sling a softball.  Just saying...

Gibson County by 30, it will be over by half. The Union City team last year was a much better team. GC could go all the way this year. Clark Range, Summertown and Gibson County have to be the favorites. Mckenzie’s day is coming but  just not this year. 

Greenfield has there hands full with Peabody, I will call it a tossup. Coach Tori Liggett has done a great job after losing two awesome Miss Basketballs. District Coach of the Year in my books. Its really amazing these girls are playing for another chance to go back to state. Good luck girls Greenfield is proud of you. 

09D778DB-D57C-44E3-B1EF-CB71BFCD2CB1.jpeg

Edited by Greenfieldfan

1 minute ago, Greenfieldfan said:

Gibson County by 30. It will be over by half. 

Yeah right!!! They may have been waiting for this day all year. I am not making predictions on GC. I don’t think it will be 30. UC plays GC tough every year. This rival goes back a few years. Bradford’s guards just didn’t handle the pressure of GC. UC will handle it better, IMO. Text me at half if you don’t mind.