Never too early....Who wins Class A 2020-21

gogold

7 hours ago, pioneer42 said:

Played well but her sister Micah the Freshman PG was the high scorer and was against UC with 17 each game. Madison had 15 against UC and 13 tonight I think. Our defense won the game. It was an ugly ugly game. Both teams were wore out. Lot of TO’s by both team. Peabody had long long possessions as did UC.

Micah is a stud. Madison gets a lot of attention, and deservedly so, but Micah has the potential to have an even better career, and that's saying a lot. We've seen flashes of it this season, but her ceiling is ridiculous. Personally, I think she's one of the best college prospects in our area.

Congrats to Summertown last night.  It was a hard fought game that had a chance to go either way.  Both of these teams are playing very good ball.  The big game is Saturday against Houston County at their place.  We are getting use to being road dogs.  Should be a good game and a great atmosphere !  Good luck to the last 16 standing. 

22 minutes ago, westtnsportsfan said:

Tellico Plains @ North Green

Cloudland @ Oneida

Fayetteville @ Clarkrange

Clay County @ Huntland

Loretto @ Houston County

Jo Byrns @ Summertown

MBA @ Gibson County

Peabody @ MAHS

Who are the final 8?

I'll take North Greene, Oneida, Clarkrange, Huntland, Loretto, Summertown, Gibson Co, and Peabody.

I expect a few of these games to not be very close.  Best games on the list are probably Cloudland/Oneida and Clay/Huntland

1 hour ago, GlassHouseBound said:

Credit to Peabody. They came out with a game plan and executed it to perfection. It’s tough to beat a good team 4 times.  GC defense was just too much down the stretch and in overtime.  Gutsy win for GC.  Whoever draws Peabody if they win Saturday better be ready for war.  Cause that’s what they are gonna get.   It was an absolute slug fest on both ends tonight.  Probably the most physical game I’ve seen in a while.   The refs let it get out of control and were flat at terrible IMO.   Now they were not one sided with it.  It was bad both ways.  But I will say that it played very much into peabodys favor.  A set of refs that don’t let you massacre each other definitely changes the flow of that game.  Either way.  That’s what a region championship game and atmosphere in west tn is suppose to look like.    Good luck to both teams Saturday.  

The officials were bad both ways. Called a foul on Micah and she wasn’t even around the ball. She was in foul trouble whole game. Good win. GC will get their legs back and be OK. That was a war.

24 minutes ago, westtnsportsfan said:

Cloudland @ Oneida

Clay County @ Huntland

Loretto @ Houston County

Jo Byrns @ Summertown

MBA @ Gibson County

Peabody @ MAHS

Who are the final 8?

North Greene, Oneida, Clarkrange, Huntland, Loretto, Summertown, Gibson Co, Peabody.

1 hour ago, SportsWestTN said:

Watched the 4Q and OT online last night. Looked like Peabody was able to do the things they want to do. Had some really good drives to the basket. When they get going downhill they are hard to stop. If you can keep them in front of you (easier said than done), they struggle.

Shot at the end of regulation was a clean look, but I can't imagine it was the look they were trying to get. Was really surprised to not see them get something going to the basket. Especially given how many fouls were getting called, I figured you'd attack the rim and worst case hope for a call. Peabody had way too many ball handling turnovers late (walks and double dribbles). GC did seem tired, especially toward the end. Lot of uncharacteristic mistakes (bad passes, catching near the sideline when other team is trapping, etc.). Really good battle for both teams. Personally, glad to see GC pull it out, but was a really good late season battle. 

We usually play them zone and we are a man team. They are very quick. We had to swap to man because they would have four cornered all night. Both teams left it on the floor no doubt. Peabody getting better as season goes on.

1 hour ago, SportsWestTN said:

Micah is a stud. Madison gets a lot of attention, and deservedly so, but Micah has the potential to have an even better career, and that's saying a lot. We've seen flashes of it this season, but her ceiling is ridiculous. Personally, I think she's one of the best college prospects in our area.

An unbelievable talent she is. She sees the floor full court. Unbelievable she carries that type of load as a freshman. 

2 hours ago, pioneer42 said:

The officials were bad both ways. Called a foul on Micah and she wasn’t even around the ball. She was in foul trouble whole game. Good win. GC will get their legs back and be OK. That was a war.

Terrible officiating! Phantom fouls, phantom walks, no walk calls, no foul calls when a kid gets run through! Horrible crew for a championship game! 

Great  game by both teams! Incredible adjustments and game plan by Peabody! Kids played hard and executed everything they wanted! Trenton community and Peabody fans are extremely proud of this coaching staff and players! On to the SubState game! Team is peaking at the right time! If you play this group you better be ready for some defensive pressure! Good luck to Peabody and GC Saturday night! 

27 minutes ago, BABABA said:

Terrible officiating! Phantom fouls, phantom walks, no walk calls, no foul calls when a kid gets run through! Horrible crew for a championship game! 

Great  game by both teams! Incredible adjustments and game plan by Peabody! Kids played hard and executed everything they wanted! Trenton community and Peabody fans are extremely proud of this coaching staff and players! On to the SubState game! Team is peaking at the right time! If you play this group you better be ready for some defensive pressure! Good luck to Peabody and GC Saturday night! 

MAHS is a pretty good team. I watched the MBA/MAHS game last year before we played MBA. They are athletic much like Peabody. Think Peabody’s pressure will cause them trouble. GC very fortunate to win that game last night. Peabody definitely played well enough to win the game. Good luck to you guys!! I noticed y’all beat Arlington this year which is better than MAHS. Do your homework and show them some different looks defensively meaning don’t be afraid to throw a zone their way and make them beat you from the perimeter if y’all get into foul trouble or they are getting to the rim and I think you will be fine. Hope they give you guys some tickets. Refs and getting fans in would be something in the back of my mine if we were going down there. Refs have been good down there the last two years, but you never know who might stroll in. 

Edited by pioneer42

22 hours ago, westtnsportsfan said:

Cloudland @ Oneida

Clay County @ Huntland

Loretto @ Houston County

Jo Byrns @ Summertown

MBA @ Gibson County

Peabody @ MAHS

Who are the final 8?

I'll go with: