Never too early....Who wins Class A 2020-21

gogold

Hats off to Loretto.  Their inside game and defensive pressure taking away our 3 ball was the difference.  Outstanding play by the Senior Weathers after being hurt the entire 1st half.  She came out and dominated the the second half. She 14 in the third alone and finished I think with 25.  Karly had 18. For McKenzie Davis had 19, Bennett 22, Reynolds 11, and Auvenshine 2.  Zero from our other 4 scorers. 
Good luck the rest of the way. 

1 hour ago, Jaychapman said:

Loretto - Summertown 3 : oh well I was looking forward to that drive  lol / all hype you way 

Volleyball was Summertown- Loretto in Finals. 

Basketball could be the same.  Bet this has never happened where same 2 schools played for 2 championships in the same season.  

Lawrence County has some talent in Girls sports!

Good win for Loretto. Did I understand that Kinsey Weathers had 25 or so and didn’t play first half??? If so what a performance. Big win for Peabody!!! Greenfield with a great year and beat a really good Union City team .Have to give Union City credit. They protected the ball and ran some long possessions. Their guards handled the ball really well. 

Congrats to Summertown.  That is a great atmosphere you all have.  
I have now seen summertown twice and Gibson co. three times and Mckenzie 3x.  Before tonight I may have had a different opinion but after seeing summertown again I think they are the favorite to win it all.  I would say they are 10-15 pts better than Gibson co.  
They are very balanced and very unselfish.  They can beat you several different ways.

1 hour ago, VOLnWTN said:

We lose only 3 seniors and one of them had limited minutes. Losing Bennett will be huge.

Congrats on a great season.  Yes Bennett has been a great player, but I think y’all will clearly be preseason favorites next season in 1A.  Depth has been a strength for Mckenzie this season so losing Bennett and Callahan will hurt with depth and some inside presence.

4 minutes ago, 1983 said:

Congrats to Summertown.  That is a great atmosphere you all have.  
I have now seen summertown twice and Gibson co. three times and Mckenzie 3x.  Before tonight I may have had a different opinion but after seeing summertown again I think they are the favorite to win it all.  I would say they are 10-15 pts better than Gibson co.  
They are very balanced and very unselfish.  They can beat you several different ways.

Summertown is a great team. Can’t argue that. Clarkrange, Gibson County and Loretto also tough. We seen Upperman go down tonight. I think the draw will determine a lot.

3 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

Summertown is a great team. Can’t argue that. Clarkrange, Gibson County and Loretto also tough. We seen Upperman go down tonight. I think the draw will determine a lot.

I agree anything can happen, it will be a fun state tourney.