TSSAA ED says fate of high school football unknown as of now

hardtackle

1 hour ago, Djohnson said:

So after dead period is over this week. Is contact practice going to be allowed? We only have so long before the season starts. It’s crazy we are seeing more cases now than when they shut down sports in the spring.

Your starting to see the picture now!They will be a record number of infected folks weekly until the election year is over.I just got back from  motorcycle ride to Highlands NC was just there 3 weeks ago and NOW you cant enter anywhere without a mask.I am going to say football will not be played.AND IM an optimist about this most of the time and I think they SHOULD play but the politic media runs the World or at least ours!

2 hours ago, Djohnson said:

So after dead period is over this week. Is contact practice going to be allowed? We only have so long before the season starts. It’s crazy we are seeing more cases now than when they shut down sports in the spring.

Why is it crazy?? We are opening up everywhere and testing is happening at a much bigger rate because companies and organizations are requiring it. This is not surprising in the least. So many young people who are out and about are getting tested now, and many are positive yet asymptomatic or have very mild symptoms. We have to continue living life and not buy into the panic. The case count temporarily increasing should not deter anything. If a kid gets it, it’s perfectly fine to quarantine and stay away from the team for a few weeks. Kids are not at risk of dying or even getting really sick. Let’s not overreact, but be smart.

2 hours ago, sportsguy22 said:

Why is it crazy?? We are opening up everywhere and testing is happening at a much bigger rate because companies and organizations are requiring it. This is not surprising in the least. So many young people who are out and about are getting tested now, and many are positive yet asymptomatic or have very mild symptoms. We have to continue living life and not buy into the panic. The case count temporarily increasing should not deter anything. If a kid gets it, it’s perfectly fine to quarantine and stay away from the team for a few weeks. Kids are not at risk of dying or even getting really sick. Let’s not overreact, but be smart.

Sadly educators in large school systems will not follow your advice . You may very well be right, but unfortunately you and others who agree with your logic will not be making the decisions.  No school,  no sports!!. And even if schools are open with many restrictions they may not allow any extracurricular activities. I hope you're  right.

Edited by hardtackle

2 hours ago, hardtackle said:

Sadly educators in large school systems will not follow your advice . You may very well be right, but unfortunately you and others who agree with your logic will not be making the decisions.  No school,  no sports!!. And even if schools are open with many restrictions they may not allow any extracurricular activities. I hope you're  right.

I don’t fully disagree, however we are in position to have both school and sports. In fact, Nashville Metro just made its decision and it is good news for the state. They are having their kids choose between virtual or in person teaching, but all kids will be permitted to play sports. Obviously, if I was a parent of a student-athlete, they would be learning in person in order to play sports by my choice...but the systems are at least making rational decisions so far it seems. We should be good to go by late August.

25 minutes ago, sportsguy22 said:

I don’t fully disagree, however we are in position to have both school and sports. In fact, Nashville Metro just made its decision and it is good news for the state. They are having their kids choose between virtual or in person teaching, but all kids will be permitted to play sports. Obviously, if I was a parent of a student-athlete, they would be learning in person in order to play sports by my choice...but the systems are at least making rational decisions so far it seems. We should be good to go by late August.

Not if numbers keep going up and kids and staff start getting it.

14 hours ago, sportsguy22 said:

Interesting! Especially for all you mask people and/or those that wag their fingers at others who opt to not wear one. 

https://technocracy.news/blaylock-face-masks-pose-serious-risks-to-the-healthy/

If I’m in the Foodmart and the guy passing me coughs I prefer he has a mask on. I don’t need expert opinions to know that keeps ME safer. And if he isn’t too big a boy, I might wag my finger if he isn’t. 

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, Sidelinehustler said:

If I’m in the Foodmart and the guy passing me coughs I prefer he has a mask on. I don’t need expert opinions to know that keeps ME safer. And if he isn’t too big a boy, I might wag my finger if he isn’t. 

Is that a common occurrence or a fear driven narrative as a result of these times? I can honestly say I’ve never been coughed on by a random person in my entire life! Who does that?! 

• CoachT locked this topic