Dan Hammonds resigns at Greeeneville

HTV

28 minutes ago, TinPigskin said:

Hard to believe the Cocke County connection at Greeneville.....2 of your QBs right now.  In the past, Willie C, the Pruitt boys, etc

Which 2 QB's?  Willie C did play at Cocke County his freshman year and then played in Cherokee NC before moving to Greeneville.  The older Pruitt didn't play his Senior Season and the younger brother that just graduated was at Greeneville since his freshman year.  You know Coach Hammonds was a Cocke Co football player also.

1 hour ago, blazer1set said:

I've heard Butch Jones would like to get back to east TN, so ya never know..... (heh-heh)....

If you like cliché spouting arrogant egomaniacs who are proficient at fetching Nick Saban's coffee and washing the Saban family cars, and a coach who couldn't find his own butt with both hands, then Butch is your guy.  

3 hours ago, Swipes said:

This was his tweet "“15 years of playing and 16 years of coaching. The game of football gave me more than I could ever give back. At this point, I am just a fan though. No cleats and no more whistles. Best of luck to the Greene Devils going forward. To all I’ve coached, thank you for the memories.”

His response back to 5starpres was "“I am thankful for the opportunity to coach and have many great memories with guys I’ve worked with and coached,” Hammonds texted 5Star Preps. “I don’t have much else to really say.”

He let Greeneville's Principal and AD know this past Friday. and this was from Brad Woosley the AD and Head Basketball Coach

“About a week ago, Dan talked to (Greeneville principal) Mr. (Patrick) Fraley and just said that he thought he wanted to resign. He just didn’t feel like he could give all that needed to be given for the program,” said Woolsey. “That’s kind of the long and the short of it.

“We discussed it over this past week. But he just kind of felt like that was the direction he wanted to go. He turned his resignation in Friday.”

Assistant coach Eddie Spradlen will run the program during the interim, Woolsey said.

The job will be posted Monday, and Greeneville will begin taking applications.

“Our goal will be to have someone in place before the dead period is over,” said Woolsey. “So we got two weeks until the dead period and then two weeks (during the dead period). We hope to have somebody in place sometime over the dead period.”

Most folks around the program say it might be better off in Spradlens hands anyway

Wouldn’t completely rule out Ballard although it’s not likely. A list of candidates is kinda tough at this point. One would think Greeneville will go after a “big name coach.” Must ask yourself tho, at this point what Coach is gonna up and leave where he’s at to go to Greeneville and literally have 1 month to prepare post Dead period. The answer here is simple, either Ballard surprises everyone and returns to the Devils or they take the interim tag off and make Spradlin the Coach, which is ultimately what I see happening.

15 hours ago, HTV said:

If you like cliché spouting arrogant egomaniacs who are proficient at fetching Nick Saban's coffee and washing the Saban family cars, and a coach who couldn't find his own butt with both hands, then Butch is your guy.  

We play Greeneville Aug 28, so as a Boone fan I would love to see Butch at the helm for the Devils

• Upvote 1

On 6/7/2020 at 7:22 PM, HTV said:

Last communication I had with Caine there wasn't anything to make me belive he isn't going to. Cade's rehab has gone well and the coaches really like his game. Cade has a great chance at getting on the field on Saturdays this fall. 

Did Cade get injured at Army? I see rehab mentioned and was just wondering. 

12 hours ago, JacketLover said:

Did Cade get injured at Army? I see rehab mentioned and was just wondering. 

Actually before he got there training in the summer. 

Not going to go in to the nature of the injury, however.  That's something the family chose not to publicly go with.  

Edited by HTV

On 6/8/2020 at 4:52 PM, Swipes said:

Which 2 QB's?  Willie C did play at Cocke County his freshman year and then played in Cherokee NC before moving to Greeneville.  The older Pruitt didn't play his Senior Season and the younger brother that just graduated was at Greeneville since his freshman year.  You know Coach Hammonds was a Cocke Co football player also.

Drew and Izaiah.  Maybe Izaiah will play something besides QB..... he's a good athlete.  Yes, Hammonds was a really good RB

9 hours ago, TinPigskin said:

Drew and Izaiah.  Maybe Izaiah will play something besides QB..... he's a good athlete.  Yes, Hammonds was a really good RB

It was no secret in Town that Drew was moving to play football at Greeneville after being at Catholic. (I knew 6 months ahead of time).  Izaiah is a definitely a new name I haven't heard before.  Did he play at the middle school last year?  The reason I ask is the Middle School team was very dominate and my cousin was the QB and will be a Freshman this season.