COVID-19 2020 HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL SEASON

5 hours ago, osunut2 said:

Agree with your sentiment, although that last statement was completely unnecessary. I've intentionally tried not to share my own personal experience, aside from my wife's pastime as a teacher.

Seems like if we are asking teachers to do ALL of those things, they should probably be paid a lot more appropriately, don't you think?

The statement wasn't intended as an attack... you or I may "take for granted" many situations that we're fortunate enough not to have to look upon as an obstacle, when some others do. In fact, I do believe that teachers are underpaid, and have been proactive in that belief without fail. Pay aside, teachers (as you well know) nurture their students mentally, attend their needs physically, and monitor them for signs of mistreatment while not under their supervision at school. Even though their compensation isn't worthy of the job(s) that they do, they never fail to have the backs of their students first and foremost... I'm merely trying to illuminate all these positives, and interject them into the "reasons that school should resume" debate. Like I've said... school isn't just about education (and sports).

7 minutes ago, tradertwo said:

The statement wasn't intended as an attack... you or I may "take for granted" many situations that we're fortunate enough not to have to look upon as an obstacle, when some others do. In fact, I do believe that teachers are underpaid, and have been proactive in that belief without fail. Pay aside, teachers (as you well know) nurture their students mentally, attend their needs physically, and monitor them for signs of mistreatment while not under their supervision at school. Even though their compensation isn't worthy of the job(s) that they do, they never fail to have the backs of their students first and foremost... I'm merely trying to illuminate all these positives, and interject them into the "reasons that school should resume" debate. Like I've said... school isn't just about education (and sports).

Well said, Trader.

1 hour ago, osunut2 said:

Holy moly orange, where did I say any of that?? Take the time to read my posts, and you'll see that I never even implied that.

I am a huge proponent of the public school model. My wife was a phenomenal teacher (KCS teacher of the year in 2015), and most teachers do the job because they want to impact these kids, not because it pays well. I just think that teachers deserve better (especially this year), and if we are going do things "normally" in 2020, let's give them hazard pay. The kids aren't at risk here, but the staff members absolutely are.

And if that means we all have to pay a few more bucks in property taxes, so be it.

My apologies!

32 minutes ago, osunut2 said:

No worries, Orange. Sorry for my overreaction.

I guess I was the one.Honestly just like everyone else i just want a little normalcy.The kids are the ones getting screwed right now (well I guess we all are).You should be proud teachers are on a different level than most folks.Lots of respect for them!

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, tradertwo said:

Yep,you do a fine job!LOL.Ill stick to keeping Roy and Old Pirate off our backs.:-D

2 hours ago, orngnblk said:

Yep,you do a fine job!LOL.Ill stick to keeping Roy and Old Pirate off our backs.:-D

I'm a little worried about Roy... He's either went subterranean over the CoVid, or that Muskox man has kidnapped him and his goat again. Not like Roy to miss out on advertising  Murph's book.

• CoachT locked this topic