COVID-19 2020 HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL SEASON

3 minutes ago, sportsguy22 said:

Karen chiming in again with pure negative nonsense as always! It just means we're closer to playing ball. Can't wait!

I’m all for playing I just don’t see it with the numbers keep going up. The few on coach t are in denial. I hope we start a decline in cases and we get to play some Football for all the seniors but with the numbers we are seeing everyday it don’t look good!!!

3 minutes ago, Djohnson said:

I’m all for playing I just don’t see it with the numbers keep going up. The few on coach t are in denial. I hope we start a decline in cases and we get to play some Football for all the seniors but with the numbers we are seeing everyday it don’t look good!!!

Take a break from the media for a while...it will do you wonders! The focus on number of cases is getting so old. The death rate is plummeting everywhere and kids are not at risk whatsoever from dying or even having symptoms much at all. All your posts are virtually the same! Try getting some positive optimistic vibes in your life...all that negativity will bring you down in a hurry.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, sportsguy22 said:

Take a break from the media for a while...it will do you wonders! The focus on number of cases is getting so old. The death rate is plummeting everywhere and kids are not at risk whatsoever from dying or even having symptoms much at all. All your posts are virtually the same! Try getting some positive optimistic vibes in your life...all that negativity will bring you down in a hurry.

Okay so currently when I hear teams that has players test positive for COVID they suspend all practices for 1 to 2 weeks. So do you know the plan when full contact practice starts and games when a kid test positive? I’m trying to see it in a positive way but it’s hard.

8 minutes ago, Djohnson said:

Okay so currently when I hear teams that has players test positive for COVID they suspend all practices for 1 to 2 weeks. So do you know the plan when full contact practice starts and games when a kid test positive? I’m trying to see it in a positive way but it’s hard.

If a kid has symptoms and tests positive, he'll obviously then quarantine. Everyone else will continue to practice and play, and live life. Simple stuff. If kids don't want to play, then they don't have to. Nobody is being forced to play.

37 minutes ago, Djohnson said:

I’ve not seen any plan requiring the testing of high school athletes. No testing=no problems.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, strongx said:

I’ve not seen any plan requiring the testing of high school athletes. No testing=n

Absolutely right. Djohnson I suggest you watch the governors briefing instead of cnn or yahoo. No matter what news site you go to its going to lean one way or another this close to the election. But for whats really going on in Tennessee theres no better sources than Bill Lee's briefings. 

If you have internet connection you don't have to rely on any news source for info. It's all out there.  Tons of info, charts, graphics on CDC site showing flu and pneumonia are way more dangerous to young adults than Covid. It's extremely rare for someone who isn't in poor health to die from this virus. Jack Nicklaus and his wife both in their 80's had it and recovered.

TN has averaged 14 deaths per day over the last week and is in good shape when compared to other states. 

States and territories Reported deaths Deaths, last seven days Deaths per 100,000 in population
New York 33,323 152 171
New Jersey 15,697 206 176
Massachusetts 8,419 109 122
California 7,701 623 19
Illinois 7,488 114 59
Pennsylvania 7,074 120 55
Michigan 6,364 51 63
Florida 5,090 700 23
Connecticut 4,396 48 123
Texas 3,966 750 13
Louisiana 3,543 106 76
Maryland 3,377 58 55
Ohio 3,174 96 27
Georgia 3,173 172 29
Indiana 2,822 64 41
Arizona 2,761 579 37
Virginia 2,027 63 23
North Carolina 1,671 150 15
Colorado 1,615 29 28
Minnesota 1,581 41 28
Washington 1,444 20 18
Mississippi 1,346 116 45
Alabama 1,287 173 26
Missouri 1,158 45 18
South Carolina 1,155 184 22
Rhode Island 990 14 93
Wisconsin 851 29 14
Tennessee 843 100 12

2 hours ago, sportsguy22 said:

If a kid has symptoms and tests positive, he'll obviously then quarantine. Everyone else will continue to practice and play, and live life. Simple stuff. If kids don't want to play, then they don't have to. Nobody is being forced to play.

No.  That's not how it will be.  They'll shut the whole thing down for a while.  We've already seen multiple instances of this in football this summer.

12 minutes ago, guthook said:

No.  That's not how it will be.  They'll shut the whole thing down for a while.  We've already seen multiple instances of this in football this summer.

It's about what they should do without overreacting, not about what they will do because of political pressure and fear or panic. Shutting the whole thing down for a while would be a huge overreaction. "Multiple instances this summer" happened well before contact practices and games begin and also before the possible upcoming protocols that the TSSAA will enforce. We have to quit reacting with so much emotion and fear...think logically through these situations.

Just now, sportsguy22 said:

It's about what they should do without overreacting, not about what they will do because of political pressure and fear or panic. Shutting the whole thing down for a while would be a huge overreaction. "Multiple instances this summer" happened well before contact practices and games begin and also before the possible upcoming protocols that the TSSAA will enforce. We have to quit reacting with so much emotion and fear...think logically through these situations.

I'm really not trying to be combative, but I don't understand how you think the restraints will be loosened in the coming weeks.

12 minutes ago, guthook said:

I'm really not trying to be combative, but I don't understand how you think the restraints will be loosened in the coming weeks.

Why don't you wait and see what the TSSAA proposes to the governor's office before assuming the worst? A final decision has not been made, so why the rush to panic?

• CoachT locked this topic