COVID-19 2020 HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL SEASON

3 minutes ago, OR nole said:

Each individual family has the right to determine if their child participates in group activities.

My sons would be playing if at all possible.

This is the issue at hand. One side wants everyone to gather the information and make the best decision for their family, The other side wants the government or governing bodies to shut the entire thing down. No one gets to decide. They've already cost thousands of basketball, soccer, baseball, softball, and track and field players a season and still aren't satisfied. 

Edited by Salem
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, PatriotsNation said:

Since no one wants to protect player and coaches then carry on. It's pointless to put people's lives in danger. Even if you recover from covid there is lingering problems that carry on with you. Yall seem to have it all figured out tho. I'm for football this fall if it means making sure the players and coaches are protected. But carry on.....

The risk to players from Covid is next to zero. Any coach with health issues has the prerogative to sit out. 

• Like 1

I usually dont post much on here but with the crazy mess going on in our country I couldn't resist any longer.  Football is huge in our family.  Both my sons played from 7 yr old all the way thru high school. My youngest is currently a senior running back and linebacker.   Watching how hard these kids work in the off season just amazes me.  He knows his football may be over anyday now.  They are currently only conditioning and running plays but they also keep up with news and are watching everyday for something positive to happen.  Something positive is something  we all need to see because we just dont see it much anymore.  Everything in life anymore seems to become political and it's getting old. As far as football goes I'm hopeful but I'm sure glad I'm not the one having to make that decision.  School starts here in 2 weeks.  My son will be on campus trying to get to some kind of normalcy if that's possible.  If school goes well maybe sports will come back.  Just praying that all goes well. Sorry for the long post. 

4 hours ago, Djohnson said:

I agree not everyone will take the vaccine but the point is they will be a vaccine available. IMO it’s to early to say let’s go on with are lives while the virus is spreading more that it ever was. 

There's another practical option rather than a vaccine. S T A Y   A T   H O M E. If you are so fearful of the virus, simply barricade yourself inside your home and don't come out for any reason. If you're not quite that psychotic about it, only go to the places that you must go, and forgo attending football games. It will simply be easier for the rest of us to maintain a safe distance apart.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, Pat2016 said:

I usually dont post much on here but with the crazy mess going on in our country I couldn't resist any longer.  Football is huge in our family.  Both my sons played from 7 yr old all the way thru high school. My youngest is currently a senior running back and linebacker.   Watching how hard these kids work in the off season just amazes me.  He knows his football may be over anyday now.  They are currently only conditioning and running plays but they also keep up with news and are watching everyday for something positive to happen.  Something positive is something  we all need to see because we just dont see it much anymore.  Everything in life anymore seems to become political and it's getting old. As far as football goes I'm hopeful but I'm sure glad I'm not the one having to make that decision.  School starts here in 2 weeks.  My son will be on campus trying to get to some kind of normalcy if that's possible.  If school goes well maybe sports will come back.  Just praying that all goes well. Sorry for the long post. 

Well said!! Good post! Those of us that remain positive and optimistic are with you all the way!

14 minutes ago, sportsguy22 said:

Well said!! Good post! Those of us that remain positive and optimistic are with you all the way!

I'm positive man I just want the best for the kids that's all. If the best is to play and go on with life then let's roll. I'm ready for football anyways. 

Edited by PatriotsNation

41 minutes ago, PatriotsNation said:

Ok...just pray that you dont have kids sir that play football and get this virus. It's bad stuff my man

What if I told you that I have two grandchildren, two nieces, and one nephew who have already had the virus??? Would it change your mind at all to know that the most severe symptom among the five was one with a low grade fever for one afternoon??? Would you consider the virus "very contagious" if I told you that my granddaughter tested on a Thursday morning, didn't get results until Monday afternoon (five days later), spent the entire time in close contact with her parents, and both were negative after testing the sixth day after the granddaughters test??? Didn't think it would matter to you, because you aren't an idiot Republican apparently. Keep your my politics out of this if you'd please... one thread has already been shut down because the uninformed (you) keep turning the tide from a viral infection into mud slinging politics.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Pat2016 said:

17 minutes ago, sportsguy22 said:

+1

1 minute ago, tradertwo said:

What if I told you that I have two grandchildren, two nieces, and one nephew who have already had the virus??? Would it change your mind at all to know that the most severe symptom among the five was one with a low grade fever for one afternoon??? Would you consider the virus "very contagious" if I told you that my granddaughter tested on a Thursday morning, didn't get results until Monday afternoon (five days later), spent the entire time in close contact with her parents, and both were negative after testing the sixth day after the granddaughters test??? Didn't think it would matter to you, because you aren't an idiot Republican apparently. Keep your my politics out of this if you'd please... one thread has already been shut down because the uninformed (you) keep turning the tide from a viral infection into mud slinging politics.

One thing is for sure for the ones that know me I will always state my opinions and no man will keep me from that. :thumb:

• Upvote 1

• CoachT locked this topic