COVID-19 2020 HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL SEASON

58 minutes ago, sportsguy22 said:

Kill you? 99.7% of the people in this country will not die from this so your odds of dying from this is minuscule! Secondly, how do you know if people are knowingly sick and passing this? We’ve been told over and over to quarantine if you are sick just like any other illness. We are not even sure if asymptomatic people can pass it, which started the panic and fear early on. Lastly, are you getting right in front of people’s faces? Why in the world would anyone do that? For me, I keep my distance from people and so I should be fine. I will continue that practice throughout life too because it’s smart and sensible.

I think I’m with you. If you don’t like my cigar, then stay out of my face or stay home. #oldschool

Another positive is we might help those close talkers.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, orngnblk said:

VERY good post.I would be curious to know how many people on this board ACTUALLY have a family member or someone they work with or are near everyday that have this virus.I am not saying it's not out there so dont take it that way but I'm just curious.I work for a company that delivers fuel to another part of our company and we employ around 600 people and we have had none that has tested or out of work for symptoms.No one in my family has either.So I am just wondering.People seem so worried about everyone else just take care of yourself and stay away from other people.I am another who dont wear a mask unless I'm at a Drs appointment or at the Hospital.Again I'm not bringing up the debate again but I do side with 22 on most of his thoughts.You want to wear it wear it but dont judge the ones who dont.Not enough data out there to say it is the answer.

Well said all the way around!!

14 minutes ago, orngnblk said:

VERY good post.I would be curious to know how many people on this board ACTUALLY have a family member or someone they work with or are near everyday that have this virus.I am not saying it's not out there so dont take it that way but I'm just curious.I work for a company that delivers fuel to another part of our company and we employ around 600 people and we have had none that has tested or out of work for symptoms.No one in my family has either.So I am just wondering.People seem so worried about everyone else just take care of yourself and stay away from other people.I am another who dont wear a mask unless I'm at a Drs appointment or at the Hospital.Again I'm not bringing up the debate again but I do side with 22 on most of his thoughts.You want to wear it wear it but dont judge the ones who dont.Not enough data out there to say it is the answer.

One of my engineers (who sits ~10 feet from me) just tested positive. Her fiancé tested positive early last week (mild symptoms). I'm not at liberty to speak about the specific number of positive cases that we've had, all I can say is that we've had a lot more than a few, including at least one fatality.

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, osunut2 said:

One of my engineers (who sits ~10 feet from me) just tested positive. Her fiancé tested positive early last week (mild symptoms). I'm not at liberty to speak about the specific number of positive cases that we've had, all I can say is that we've had a lot more than a few, including at least one fatality.

Was the death someone with underlying health conditions?

4 minutes ago, sportsguy22 said:

Was the death someone with underlying health conditions?

Based on the information I was given, no. Nor was this individual considered high risk due to his/her age. But I'm also not privy to that individual's medical records.

5 minutes ago, osunut2 said:

Based on the information I was given, no. Nor was this individual considered high risk due to his/her age. But I'm also not privy to that individual's medical records.

My wife is also in the medical profession and for Hippa reasons can't give out information also, so I understand.

16 minutes ago, osunut2 said:

That's unfortunate. Like I said, I haven't run across anybody yet that has so I was just curious. I myself have been tested before I had foot surgery last month.

Just now, orngnblk said:

That's unfortunate. Like I said, I haven't run across anybody yet that has so I was just curious. I myself have been tested before I had foot surgery last month.

I think it is completely natural for people to question something like this, especially when it hasn't directly impacted them or any of their immediate family. And if you look at the raw data, only ~1.1% of Tennessee residents (1 in 86) have "officially" tested positive this calendar year. So for a lot of people, they literally don't know anyone who has been impacted by this, especially if they don't live in an urban/suburban area.

And that's a big part of what makes this such a challenging situation.

32 minutes ago, runninblind said:

CDC REPORTS FROM 02/01/2020 TILL 07/15/2020 157 YOUNG ADULTS IN THE US FROM THE AGES OF 15 TO 24 YEARS OF AGE HAVE DIED FROM COVID -19 ...UNKNOWN IF THEY HAD PRE-EXSISTING ILLNESSES .

Obviously, this is a massive reason why colleges should open and they should have fall sports. Those stats prove that age group has virtually no risk whatsoever. In addition, they are safer at school with professional trainers and near medical personnel all the time. It’s much easier to manage than if college kids are spread out at their homes all over the country.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, runninblind said:

CDC REPORTS FROM 02/01/2020 TILL 07/15/2020 157 YOUNG ADULTS IN THE US FROM THE AGES OF 15 TO 24 YEARS OF AGE HAVE DIED FROM COVID -19 ...UNKNOWN IF THEY HAD PRE-EXSISTING ILLNESSES .

Overall, according to the CDC 13,721 people in that age group died in the same time frame. 267 died from pneumonia; 51 from influenza.

1 in every 88 deaths in those 15-24 was related to Covid. 

• CoachT locked this topic