COVID-19 2020 HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL SEASON

8 hours ago, pioneer42 said:

I really think people are overlooking big time how much school and sports takes away depression and gets them out of bad home lives. It is amazing and sad to me the adults that really act like they are looking out for the kids best interest fighting for them to not have sports and school. They really could give a rats a^^ about the kids and only have their own agenda in mine. 

Several thousand 14-19 year old boys turned loose every day at 3 when school ends with no structure, discipline, or guidance. How many auto accidents, general mischief, crime, suicide, and other accidents will we have in the state from August - December? 

5 minutes ago, Salem said:

Several thousand 14-19 year old boys turned loose every day at 3 when school ends with no structure, discipline, or guidance. How many auto accidents, general mischief, crime, suicide, and other accidents will we have in the state from August - December? 

Mind boggling to me that this country is fighting against our kids. I have one under the same roof that has lost her senior year and got sent home from Murfreesboro. In the blink of an eye she lost her prom, her last 2.5 months of school, lost a state tournament Final Four, lost her basketball friends and life. These are mental scars that last a lifetime I will assure you. I am going to fight tooth and nail to do my part to keep these kids on the field and in school. Get the kids and let them vote. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, sportsguy22 said:

It’s just about the government mandating masks. It’s overreaching. They should highly recommend it and allow private businesses to mandate it if they choose. That’s America. What’s to stop the government mandating that you must show proof of having taken the vaccine (if it develops) to enter places?! When does that government control end? It could get crazy.

While we're at it, let's just remove seat belts from cars and pull all vaccines currently on the market.

Let's not play this game of "TO WHAT END??" I'm not saying that a mask mandate is right or wrong here (no one cares what I think), but there are examples of government "overreach" that most people would agree is appropriate (and effective). We can certainly debate what the "greater good" actually is, but I honestly don't know where you draw the line simply because most issues like these aren't binary. 

9 minutes ago, osunut2 said:

While we're at it, let's just remove seat belts from cars and pull all vaccines currently on the market.

Let's not play this game of "TO WHAT END??" I'm not saying that a mask mandate is right or wrong here (no one cares what I think), but there are examples of government "overreach" that most people would agree is appropriate (and effective). We can certainly debate what the "greater good" actually is, but I honestly don't know where you draw the line simply because most issues like these aren't binary. 

Well, if it was fully proven to help it would be one thing. Mandating something with so many different doctor opinions is simple overreach. Again, let the businesses deal with something like this.

3 minutes ago, sportsguy22 said:

Well, if it was fully proven to help it would be one thing. Mandating something with so many different doctor opinions is simple overreach. Again, let the businesses deal with something like this.

That's a fair argument, and I agree, I would rather see businesses mandate this. I predicted back in June that we would see the overwhelming majority of retail businesses require mask usage for all patrons by the end of the calendar year, and it appears it's going to happen a lot sooner than I thought.

6 minutes ago, osunut2 said:

That's a fair argument, and I agree, I would rather see businesses mandate this. I predicted back in June that we would see the overwhelming majority of retail businesses require mask usage for all patrons by the end of the calendar year, and it appears it's going to happen a lot sooner than I thought.

And I’m good with that. That’s the way it should be. Let people decide at that point. It’s the government mandate that truly can’t be enforced anyway that is ridiculous.

Strange times...

I can’t smoke near you in public for fear of second hand smoke causing you cancer in some number of years, but I can refuse to wear a mask near you when I am knowingly carrying a respiratory virus which could kill you in a month.

I just returned from a baseball trip with my kid. Not a single person in the park was wearing a mask. The guy outside the gate was trying to sneak a cigarette and was told he would have to go out completely to the parking lot.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

T-cell immunity is the thing I here more and more. I am assuming that is where your immune system recognizes the virus and doesn’t freak out about it.

I'll be interested to see actual data to support this. If this virus is similar to the flu, herd immunity won't come into play whatsoever. T-cell immune response typically comes into play when you are administering some kind of vaccine, but I'm definitely not a pathologist.

11 minutes ago, strongx said:

Strange times...

I can’t smoke near you in public for fear of second hand smoke causing you cancer in some number of years, but I can refuse to wear a mask near you when I am knowingly carrying a respiratory virus which could kill you in a month.

I just returned from a baseball trip with my kid. Not a single person in the park was wearing a mask. The guy outside the gate was trying to sneak a cigarette and was told he would have to go out completely to the parking lot.

Kill you? 99.7% of the people in this country will not die from this so your odds of dying from this is minuscule! Secondly, how do you know if people are knowingly sick and passing this? We’ve been told over and over to quarantine if you are sick just like any other illness. We are not even sure if asymptomatic people can pass it, which started the panic and fear early on. Lastly, are you getting right in front of people’s faces? Why in the world would anyone do that? For me, I keep my distance from people and so I should be fine. I will continue that practice throughout life too because it’s smart and sensible.

48 minutes ago, sportsguy22 said:

Kill you? 99.7% of the people in this country will not die from this so your odds of dying from this is minuscule! Secondly, how do you know if people are knowingly sick and passing this? We’ve been told over and over to quarantine if you are sick just like any other illness. We are not even sure if asymptomatic people can pass it, which started the panic and fear early on. Lastly, are you getting right in front of people’s faces? Why in the world would anyone do that? For me, I keep my distance from people and so I should be fine. I will continue that practice throughout life too because it’s smart and sensible.

VERY good post.I would be curious to know how many people on this board ACTUALLY have a family member or someone they work with or are near everyday that have this virus.I am not saying it's not out there so dont take it that way but I'm just curious.I work for a company that delivers fuel to another part of our company and we employ around 600 people and we have had none that has tested or out of work for symptoms.No one in my family has either.So I am just wondering.People seem so worried about everyone else just take care of yourself and stay away from other people.I am another who dont wear a mask unless I'm at a Drs appointment or at the Hospital.Again I'm not bringing up the debate again but I do side with 22 on most of his thoughts.You want to wear it wear it but dont judge the ones who dont.Not enough data out there to say it is the answer.

• CoachT locked this topic