COVID-19 2020 HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL SEASON

Looks like Georgia just voted to delay the start of the season.  Not going to argue the mask no mask or the other stuff.  IMO we need to look at a mid Sept season start with Oct 1 as a backup and play 8 games.  Not going to argue the politics just the way things look today I don’t see it starting on time.  Talking about the political end of it is useless and doesn’t accomplish anything.  

2 minutes ago, PatriotsNation said:

That's easy to say if you have no kids. Football is not more important than people's health

It’s not dangerous for kids! Not in the least!! The flu is 13 times more dangerous and we play through that every year. Use logic, not emotion. Kids aren’t at risk of dying whatsoever. Period.

2 minutes ago, sportsguy22 said:

Excuse me. Who said it’s not real?!! It’s called using logic and common sense, and not emotion based on fear and panic. Simple stuff.

Ok...just pray that you dont have kids sir that play football and get this virus. It's bad stuff my man

Edited by PatriotsNation

Since you have it all figured out. When will we test the team and coaches? Do you have any idea what the test is actually detecting? 

1 hour ago, PatriotsNation said:

Yes every player and coach should be tested. In order to do that you must be able to get results back pretty quickly. I cant see that being much of a debate if we should play this fall. You must try to protect to players AND coaches as much as possible 

14 minutes ago, PatriotsNation said:

Just a lot of Republicans on here that dont believe Covid is real.

I haven't seen anyone mention a political party til you. What a weak statement to make in a debate. There have been tons of people who have no idea what pcr even stands for who've made ridiculous claims about the test and virus. Earlier we were advised to test the players before and after the game.:roflolk:

Edited by Salem

4 minutes ago, PatriotsNation said:

Ok...just pray that you dont have kids sir that play football and get this virus. It's bad stuff my man

Umm..no it’s not. Stop watching the fear-based biased media. The death rate is down way below the flu now. I’m amazed at the lack of knowledge and emotional overreacting. It’s silly season unfortunately.

• Sad 2

1 minute ago, Salem said:

Since you have it all figured out. When will we test the team and coaches? Do you have any idea what the test is actually detecting? 

I haven't seen anyone mention a political party til you. What a weak statement to make in a debate. There have been tons of people who have no idea what pcr even stands for who've made ridiculous claims about the test and virus. Earlier we were advised to test the players before and after the game.

Since no one wants to protect player and coaches then carry on. It's pointless to put people's lives in danger. Even if you recover from covid there is lingering problems that carry on with you. Yall seem to have it all figured out tho. I'm for football this fall if it means making sure the players and coaches are protected. But carry on.....

31 minutes ago, PatriotsNation said:

That's easy to say if you have no kids. Football is not more important than people's health

Each individual family has the right to determine if their child participates in group activities.

My sons would be playing if at all possible.

• Like 2

• CoachT locked this topic