COVID-19 2020 HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL SEASON

1 hour ago, WillieTheWildcats said:

This macho attitude in the face of this pandemic with 140.000 dead AMERICANS plus the dead across the world. is uncalled for. I may be wrong but if Jesus came back to Earth he would tend to his flock in a caring manner and discourage negative threatening one liners.

I apologize if my truth upsets you. You can blast me, I can take it. I was an Elementary Classroom teacher for 23 years and now that school is opening back up it is very disturbing to me. I have been asked if I would go back to the classroom by a Principal friend but I am afraid right now. Add in, I have diabetes, obesity, high blood pressure and two heart attacks.

So blast me because I blast myself all the time. I am a coward.

You would be stupid if you weren’t concerned. I don’t know anyone that would judge you. Not speaking of posters on here, but there has been a minimization of people with pre existing conditions with serious COVID conditions on the national scene. The whole, “well they had pre existing conditions anyway”. Almost as if they were on deaths door anyway. Again, this has nothing to do with high school football and I don’t believe the good people of CoachT feel that way or have expressed that opinion. 

Edited by Sidelinehustler
  • Like 1

If a kid tests positive they sit. Do people realize that there have been 0 deaths in age group 11-20? These were at a higher risk of death by the flu this year before COVID-19 hit . Schools and sports should open full speed. 86 counties in Tennessee have less than 10 deaths. It is time for us to move on . Protect those we Know are vulnerable. We know more about this virus than most any disease. Hope Lee opens the door for contact sports tomorrow!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, orngnblk said:

VERY good post.I would be curious to know how many people on this board ACTUALLY have a family member or someone they work with or are near everyday that have this virus.I am not saying it's not out there so dont take it that way but I'm just curious.I work for a company that delivers fuel to another part of our company and we employ around 600 people and we have had none that has tested or out of work for symptoms.No one in my family has either.So I am just wondering.People seem so worried about everyone else just take care of yourself and stay away from other people.I am another who dont wear a mask unless I'm at a Drs appointment or at the Hospital.Again I'm not bringing up the debate again but I do side with 22 on most of his thoughts.You want to wear it wear it but dont judge the ones who dont.Not enough data out there to say it is the answer.

I personally know two older people that have died from it. Maryville City Schools had a principal and her husband catch this stuff and he didn't make it which I'm very sad to say. Something like that hits home in a small community when so many people are familiar with this great family and I'm sure the City of Maryville is devastated with one from their own school system being dealt this awful situation. Makes you think and think real hard after this unfortunate thing happened.  I also own a business and one of my customers was sent home a couple of weeks ago with the symptoms but did test negative after a bout a week waiting. Everyday I prayed for the good news back and for some reason that experience helped me to be back on my game plan to be very careful. Let's say you don't want to wear a mask or don't believe it helps in anyway at all but if you had a kid working at a local business and everyone coming in wasn't wearing a mask your feelings might change some. None of us really know the real truth about all that stuff but I'm not going to march in a business and be disrespectful to others that are there putting their lives on the line for me, the least I can do is comply. 

• Like 2

22 has asked me, NUMEROUS times, who I listen to for my advice. Not the experts. I have worn a mask from the get go. When Fauci and the CDC were saying not to wear a mask I said that was crap. If masks didn’t help, nurses, dentist, dental hygienists and doctors wouldn’t wear them. The argument has been that’s because they are around sick people. No kidding. When I’m at Walmart and the food mart I see a lot of people that look awful suspect. I wish they would wear a mask and keep that crap they are hacking up from spewing everywhere. 

Edited by Sidelinehustler
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sidelinehustler said:

22 has asked me, NUMEROUS times, who I listen to for my advice. Not the experts. I have worn a mask from the get go. When Fauci and the CDC were saying not to wear a mask I said that was crap. If masks didn’t help, nurses, dentist, dental hygienists and doctors wouldn’t wear them. The argument has been that’s because they are around sick people. No kidding. When I’m at Walmart and the food mart I see a lot of people that look awful suspect. I wish they would wear a mask and keep that crap they are hacking up from spewing everywhere. 

I just opt to distance myself from people in general and live a quiet life basically. If I had to go into a place surrounded by a bunch of people (which I have easily avoided recently) I would wear a mask. I would get in and out, though, so I wouldn’t have to wear it too long. Wearing it for longer than 30 minutes or so is not safe, breathing your own CO2 for that long...plus it’s uncomfortable and annoying! 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, BarneySox2007 said:

I personally know two older people that have died from it. Maryville City Schools had a principal and her husband catch this stuff and he didn't make it which I'm very sad to say. Something like that hits home in a small community when so many people are familiar with this great family and I'm sure the City of Maryville is devastated with one from their own school system being dealt this awful situation. Makes you think and think real hard after this unfortunate thing happened.  I also own a business and one of my customers was sent home a couple of weeks ago with the symptoms but did test negative after a bout a week waiting. Everyday I prayed for the good news back and for some reason that experience helped me to be back on my game plan to be very careful. Let's say you don't want to wear a mask or don't believe it helps in anyway at all but if you had a kid working at a local business and everyone coming in wasn't wearing a mask your feelings might change some. None of us really know the real truth about all that stuff but I'm not going to march in a business and be disrespectful to others that are there putting their lives on the line for me, the least I can do is comply. 

Good post Barn. It’s definitely getting closer. Take care of yourself and stay safe.

3 hours ago, BarneySox2007 said:

Another good post. And just for the record. If the business wants you to wear one. I always do. I'm not a rebel when it comes to that part. I just don't walk around with one in my pocket put it on every time I go somewhere.

3 hours ago, BarneySox2007 said:

I sure don’t have a problem wearing a mask. Lot of mask mandates going on in our area right now in West TN. Hopefully the mask wearing will drop the numbers.

11 hours ago, WillieTheWildcats said:

This macho attitude in the face of this pandemic with 140.000 dead AMERICANS plus the dead across the world. is uncalled for. I may be wrong but if Jesus came back to Earth he would tend to his flock in a caring manner and discourage negative threatening one liners.

I apologize if my truth upsets you. You can blast me, I can take it. I was an Elementary Classroom teacher for 23 years and now that school is opening back up it is very disturbing to me. I have been asked if I would go back to the classroom by a Principal friend but I am afraid right now. Add in, I have diabetes, obesity, high blood pressure and two heart attacks.

So blast me because I blast myself all the time. I am a coward.

Good post and no one should blast you for having enough sense to know your at risk.Yes Jesus would do what he needed to do also and there is a reason why he spoke "Fear not 365 times in the Bible" None of us should be living in fear over this as most say and as you basically said use some COMMON SENSE.

The guy in the video made it sound like the schools are responsible for finding their own opponents. Id say "or what?"  Being they wanna break contract cause theyre the powers that be. Have the season like normal and just delay everything by 2 weeks. Or do their job and find opponents themselves and dont hold the school responsible to find their own opponents if a non region game gets cancelled. Proposal 3 in the video is dumb. Dont give any teams byes in playoffs. Jave week 1 be september 18th instead of august 20th..too hot in august anyway. Have everyone play 8 games. Weather should have nothing to do with it. If it rains so be it. Play in rain. Cancelling games cause if rain is the stupidest thing ever. Football is a contact sport. The players understand why they are playing. Start playoffs with 16 teams instead of 32. 2 from each region instead of 4. Season would end december 18th. How hard is that to figure out. What is there to propose??  Or do 32 playoff teams and get rid of bye weeks. The schools and players shouldnt have to get screwed over because of the medias garbage. They already got screwed over during spring sports

• CoachT locked this topic