COVID-19 2020 HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL SEASON

I'm thinking if all schools started out atleast partial virtual if not completely and letting the kids into school with much smaller numbers at a time.Then every team team took care of it's own health situation as they will. We might see many of  this years seniors get what we all want.We may disagree across the state on how it needs to be done but believe me,this is  a much bigger decision then just be a man or hide in the basement.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

I wouldn’t think that all schools say you can’t go live until school starts because in a regular year kids go live before school starts to get ready for their season. 

I agree with that. In the past some school systems have delayed the start of school for things like finishing construction projects and even though they were not in school the were allowed to practice and play.  I think the question centers around schools being delayed or opening in an online format due to coronavirus.  Again the TSSAA says they can play and the Governor says they can play but will the individual school districts say they can have full contact practices and/or play?

Metro nashville for example has said no.

Edited by Joyful95

25 minutes ago, Joyful95 said:

I agree with that. In the past some school systems have delayed the start of school for things like finishing construction projects and even though they were not in school the were allowed to practice and play.  I think the question centers around schools being delayed or opening in an online format due to coronavirus.  Again the TSSAA says they can play and the Governor says they can play but will the individual school districts say they can have full contact practices and/or play?

Metro nashville for example has said no.

I agree it will be a school decision now. The governor and TSSAA has opened the door for football. Childress even said that all virtual schools as long as they are a TSSAA school can play if they choose to.  

• Like 1

My son is a rising senior in Shelby County and plays on one of the top teams in the state in 6A. He unfortunately missed his junior season due to injury. It is critical for him to get game film at some point this year but it’s not looking good. He already has a couple of D1 offers but I think things could really take off if he can get to play this year.

My question is, does Anyone here know anything about reclassifying in the state of Tennessee? I tried to contact TSSAA About the subject but I’m not getting any response...I get it, I know they have bigger fish to fry right now. I’ve Seen a couple of kids across the state saying they were going to reclassify to the 2022 class and I know of at least one school in North Carolina that does it regularly. ANY help or guidance would be greatly appreciated.

I maybe wrong but I believe Oak Ridge City Schools have opened. 4 out of 5 high school students have decided to attend in person. The word on Twitter is that we will play Knoxville Harden Valley Academy as scheduled in 20 days. This would mean Knox County is also open to play the first week.

Fingers crossed for a whole season and fingers crossed for the players, coaches, band, cheerleaders, parents and fans.

GRIND and RWR!

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, WillieTheWildcats said:

I maybe wrong but I believe Oak Ridge City Schools have opened. 4 out of 5 high school students have decided to attend in person. The word on Twitter is that we will play Knoxville Harden Valley Academy as scheduled in 20 days. This would mean Knox County is also open to play the first week.

Fingers crossed for a whole season and fingers crossed for the players, coaches, band, cheerleaders, parents and fans.

GRIND and RWR!

OR has started school, although they did shutdown band camp last month due to a number of positive COVID tests. I'm not really sure what the status of the marching bands will be this fall, but I'm betting there won't be any halftime shows. Probably just traveling pep band.

• CoachT locked this topic