COVID-19 2020 HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL SEASON

5 hours ago, sportsguy22 said:

Who’s paying for this grand plan? The answer cannot be individual families...impossible to force them all to spend a big chunk on what amounts to a random guess. That’s insanity and beyond stupid.

COVID - 19 TEST ARE FREE!! IF A CHILD FEELS SICK PLEASE HAVE THEM TESTED 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, BatmanLives said:

Your in one part of the state .How many more of these stories are yet to be told.Anyone that doesn't believe it is possible hasn't been to Walmart on a Saturday afternoon.

The Walmart we have in Alcoa,Tennessee feels like your entering a FEMA Camp. To go in the door you have to walk an extra 200 feet just to walk back to the same point you were at in the first place while Hermann Goering gives you the evil eye while he inspects you as your entering the front door. Then you grab your nasty buggy touched by all the other peasants to fill your supply order of rationed needs traveling in only one direction in each isle you go into. When your through collecting your partial list of in stock items your then  herded to the quick pay registers on one side of the store only to meet a sign that says debit or credit only. Then you realize your other option is to wait in the long line of people hoping to get their change back from a cash transaction. Walmart feels like a science fiction movie in our town retraining all the rednecks and hillbillies the new way to shop in 2020. The ones that can't be retrained are finding their way to the local Dollar Generals where the first thing they see on the door is a picture of a person with a mask and they think it's something from outer space before stomping out their cigarette butt out on the front sidewalk before charging in the door. You'll never walk in this place without seeing Grease Monkey Pete and his wife Fertile Myrtle and their five kids running wild around the store without mask touching everything in site. I really hate to be so harsh about all of this but does everyone understand why Barney thought it would be a long shot if we played football in 2020.

4 minutes ago, Sidelinehustler said:

Yes and yes. 

That is not a true statement unfortunately. I’ve done my research. My wife is in healthcare. The test can run upwards to $1,000! In some cases, with certain insurance or working in the healthcare industry, you can get a free test or a reduced fee test. Otherwise, it can be very expensive for the majority. Proves my point. 

26 minutes ago, sportsguy22 said:

That is not a true statement unfortunately. I’ve done my research. My wife is in healthcare. The test can run upwards to $1,000! In some cases, with certain insurance or working in the healthcare industry, you can get a free test or a reduced fee test. Otherwise, it can be very expensive for the majority. Proves my point. 

Health department. Fact. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Sidelinehustler said:

Health department. Fact. 

Those tests can take 7 or 8 days to get back! How in the heck would that even work?! You could get a negative on the test and get the virus in the next week. Useless! You could get a positive on the test and then become negative in the next week. Useless! It’s insanity.

15 minutes ago, sportsguy22 said:

Those tests can take 7 or 8 days to get back! How in the heck would that even work?! You could get a negative on the test and get the virus in the next week. Useless! You could get a positive on the test and then become negative in the next week. Useless! It’s insanity.

I am not arguing any point. I didn’t even read the rest of whatever you guys were discussing. I just stated you can get a free test.   I thought everyone in the country knew that. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, BarneySox2007 said:

Then you grab your nasty buggy touched by all the other peasants to fill your supply order of rationed needs traveling in only one direction in each isle you go into.

I will come clean. I always wear a mask, wash hands, keep Social Distance , stay out of bars and order take out. But I just cannot follow the directional arrows at the beginning of an aisle. I go down every aisle anyway I want. Do I feel bad about it? Yes, but I still do it.

I'm sorry. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sidelinehustler said:

I am not arguing any point. I didn’t even read the rest of whatever you guys were discussing. I just stated you can get a free test.   I thought everyone in the country knew that. 

Understood. I just know there is a major difference between getting the quick tests vs. the weeklong tests, especially for a mass testing situation that is time sensitive. It’s mass chaos regardless and we can all agree on that.

• CoachT locked this topic