COVID-19 2020 HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL SEASON

52 minutes ago, tradertwo said:

And posts like this are what's twisting the narrative. If your reading comprehension skills are just average, you already know that Salem wasn't implying that most people have absolutely no issues medically, or that no one is at risk who isn't already at death's door, but your post interprets it that way. It's very unfortunate that a child passed away, and debatable that he could potentially have survived for many years without other complications adding to his delicate condition... what you can't do however, is imply that CV-19 is the  sole determining factor in his passing (which the headline states). In some varying degree, it's likely that most any other contagious illness could and would have resulted in the same outcome. There are some fanatics on both sides of this discussion who have unreasonable opinions of the risk factor, or the measures needed to return earth to some semblance of normalcy, but most reasonable people understand some of the arguments from both sides, just differ on the extremes they are willing to endure (and ask of others) to avoid exposure. I personally am going to use a little common sense and be more cautious about exposure and protection, but I will not barricade myself in a cave someplace, and I certainly won't ask others to do so.

Thanks for your feedback.I'll try not to twist anything around in my future post.

14 minutes ago, BatmanLives said:

Thanks for your feedback.I'll try not to twist anything around in my future post.

Batman, if it makes you feel any better, I'm not sure what you did wrong.

We've been at this for 73 pages, and I'm pretty sure all we've effectively done is dug our heels in even more.

8 minutes ago, osunut2 said:

We've been at this for 73 pages, and I'm pretty sure all we've effectively done is dug our heels in even more.

Well,  I figured Trader was clairvoyant. Guess I was really meaning something that I wasn't aware of. Maybe his wife made him take out the trash and that's why he was talking about not barricading in a cave.IDK 

5 minutes ago, MoonDogRex said:

Sorry lost me at global warming. 

Two roads to travel and one can make a solid bet on how they both vote:  

1. don't think about anything but rely on the experts and hope they don't have a political or profit agenda with their advice

2.  gather the facts and use your experience and intelligence.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Salem said:

2.  gather the facts and use your experience and intelligence.

The "Holiday Inn Express" bin, right? I didn't realize that "experience and intelligence" automatically qualified someone as an authority on everything under the sun. The next time someone wants to know how a nuclear reactor works or what a neutron cross-section is (or what that even means), I'll just point them in your direction.

I'm sure there are exceptions, but I'm not jaded or cynical enough to believe that every single infectious disease expert has some political agenda or an axe to grind. I'd also like to think that most of us are humble enough to admit when other, more qualified people know better than we do.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, osunut2 said:

The "Holiday Inn Express" bin, right? I didn't realize that "experience and intelligence" automatically qualified someone as an authority on everything under the sun. The next time someone wants to know how a nuclear reactor works or what a neutron cross-section is (or what that even means), I'll just point them in your direction.

I'm sure there are exceptions, but I'm not jaded or cynical enough to believe that every single infectious disease expert has some political agenda or an axe to grind. I'd also like to think that most of us are humble enough to admit when other, more qualified people know better than we do.

I'm not going to join the look at my degree club on the anonymous message board with you and the child studies master but I have enough schooling to understand and debate health issues. I'm also skeptical of scientific advice from a guy in Portland wearing a blue leotard with fuzzy blue wings on his Twitter profile. 

On 7/28/2020 at 3:55 PM, Joyful95 said:

Apologies in advance! I tried to send a direct message or private message but was unable to due to being on my phone.

I am sorry but I was unable to find the mask studies from 2015-2020 that you were were referring to. I did find information that states that specific mask types may not be healthy for specific conditions but none of which stated that that wearing a mask made an individual more susceptible to coming in contact with respiratory droplets. I am not saying that those studies do not exist but I was unable to find them.

There are cases of people wearing N95 type mask for prolonged periods of time affecting oxygen levels but not enough to lead to hypoxia or hypercapnia. Cloth mask allow almost of the co2 to escape. It is possible that a person with COPD or asthma could be affected depending on the severity of their condition and the total time the mask was worn.

I could also not find any study that suggested to mask capturing respiratory droplets place the wearer or those around them at a higher risk. Most medical professionals do suggest washing cloth mask after wearing them each day.

OSHA does require that employers keep their workplace at 19.5% oxygen or higher. Anything lower that 19.5% is considered to be oxygen deficient. If you are referencing the Jeff Neff video from late June I would respectfully point out that the manufacturer of the Altair 5X Multi Gas detector have gone on record as say saying that their device was not used in the correct manner and that is why the oxygenation levels were below 19.5%. I would also respectfully submit that in July OSHA stated that they generally recommend that employers encourage mask in the workplace.

While we may disagree I value and respect your opinion and mean no disrespect to you as an individual.

I know I have posted about mask in a football forum and I apologize. I beg forgiveness for this transgression and promise to henceforth only post on noncontroversial topics such as how Maryville and Alcoa cheat, how private schools recruit and how West Tennessee is more dominant in football than is East Tennessee.

Have a great day!

Joyful95  My apologies for just now getting to respond back.  It’s been busy to say the least.  Feel free to private message me anytime.  

Agree or disagree who knows?  I do enjoy doing my own research in hopes of seeing the whole picture and learning the real truths. For me at least based on what I have read; there are more studies/trials circulating to show that wearing a ClthMsk would put an individual more at risk of getting a RSPV and in some cases have shown to decrease Ox levels, than there are studies/trials showing something is better than nothing or not to potentially affect Ox levels. I know that there are those that haven’t read the same things that I have and may have read something different or could just be watching and taking every word at heart from the Tel A Vision that provides the channel#/programs for the mainstream?? I am not saying I am right or wrong and I am sure I’ve not seen some things that others have.  When I am searching for truth it’s not for pride or arrogant reasons; I would much rather be wrong and admit I am wrong, in hopes learning what is true and receive understanding. There’s so many things to read and cipher through and I know I need more discernment. I really appreciate the feedback that you provided.  You seem to have some good knowledge and commonsense.  Much respect here and it has truly been a pleasure. Oh by the way - EAST TN Rules in football :roflolk:

Does the water look murky or clear.?.?.  There may be some on the left.?.?.  There may be some on the right.?.?.  There may be some straddling the fence.?.?.  Then there may be some who look between the lines and see at the end of the day that possibly both are setting at the same table enjoying dinner together, perhaps still discussing the scenario a_d_v_e_n_t_2_0_1 from Oct2019.?.?.  Will caused chaos bring fear and then order.?.?.  Will fear be the cause to relinquish choice/privacy/freedoms.?.?.    No responses needed.

For whoever wants to read -

I am not trying to be doom and gloom here, but a realist and hopefully offer some hope/encouragement to whom will receive it. We are truly living in some different/challenging/troublesome times, but there is something greater that what we are facing or what we may face ahead and that is the love given by Yahweh(the Father) & Son(Yeshua).  Sometimes we are so focused on getting through the forest/circumstances, we miss the hands of mercy and grace that provide the peace/comfort to help us along our way.  Fear is controlling and it will starve you/keep you from receiving peace, freedom, mercy, grace, love and forgiveness.  Living in fear is a prison!  Here are some promises-a reminder for those who have a relationship with the Father & Son to claim hold on: Psalms 118:6 The LORD is on my side; I will not fear; what can man do unto me?  Psalm 91:5,6 Thou shalt not be afraid for the terror by night; nor for the arrow that flieth by day; Nor for the pestilence that walketh in darkness; 2 Timothy 1:7 For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love and of a sound mind. Psalm 91:13,14,15  Thou shalt tread upon the lion and the adder: the young lion and the dragon shalt thou trample under feet.  Because he hath set his love upon me, therefore will I deliver him: I will set him on high, because he hath known my name.  He shall call upon me, and I will answer him: I will be with him in trouble: I will deliver him, and honour him.  

It’s not our faith that will see us through, but the faith of Jesus that will see us through-Revelation 14:12 Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God(the Father) and the faith of Jesus(the only begotten son). Again, it’s not of ourselves/our faith, but the faith of Jesus that will see us through the challenge/troublesome times we are in and what may come. It’s Christ in you the hope of glory (Col 1:27).  Revelation 3:20 behold, I(Christ) stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door(give permission), I(Christ) will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me. 2 Corinthians 6:2 …behold, now is the day of salvation... Grab a hold of life today and don’t delay.  

Everything I wrote above was out of love and I hope it’s received with love and peace. I am not here to argue nor to debate. You have the freewill/choice to work out your on salvation (Philip 2:12)    

If someone doesn’t like/agree with what I said I can live with that and no harsh feelings.  I still love you and hope the best for you.  

Glad to see that there’s going to be some HS football.  I am Looking forward to it like the rest of you.  I wish everyone a blessed week.

Edited by Romansfive8

2 hours ago, BatmanLives said:

2 hours ago, osunut2 said:

Didn't do anything "wrong". Throwing PC out the window and cutting to the chase... Salem's point was that the headline stated that CV-19 was the cause of a six year old's death. The REAL reason (stated in the article by the parent) was that the boy was weakened by triple organ transplant to the point that he couldn't withstand more problems. Batman countered by saying that there were few people who didn't already have some sort of preexisting condition. Batman's statement was true, but gives the impression that he equates high blood pressure to a triple organ transplant (combined with whatever warranted the transplants to begin with), which is not even close to practical.

Look, I'm not trying to be argumentative or fanatical... I'd just like for the discussion to be practical from both sides.

15 minutes ago, Romansfive8 said:

Joyful95  My apologies for just now getting to respond back.  It’s been busy to say the least.  Feel free to private message me anytime.  

Agree or disagree who knows?  I do enjoy doing my own research in hopes of seeing the whole picture and learning the real truths. For me at least based on what I have read; there are more studies/trials circulating to show that wearing a ClthMsk would put an individual more at risk of getting a RSPV and in some cases have shown to decrease Ox levels, than there are studies/trials showing something is better than nothing or not to potentially affect Ox levels. I know that there are those that haven’t read the same things that I have and may have read something different or could just be watching and taking every word at heart from the Tel A Vision that provides the channel#/programs for the mainstream?? I am not saying I am right or wrong and I am sure I’ve not seen some things that others have.  When I am searching for truth is not for pride or arrogant reasons; I would much rather be wrong and admit I am wrong, in hopes learning what is true and receive understanding. There’s so many things to read and cipher through and I know I need more discernment. I really appreciate the feedback that you provided.  You seem to have some good knowledge and commonsense.  Much respect here and it has truly been a pleasure. Oh by the way - EAST TN Rules in football :roflolk:

Does the water look murky or clear.?.?.  There may be some on the left.?.?.  There may be some on the right.?.?.  There may be some straddling the fence.?.?.  Then there may be some who look between the lines and see at the end of the day that possibly both are setting at the same table enjoying dinner together, perhaps still discussing the scenario a_d_v_e_n_t_2_0_1 from Oct2019.?.?.  Will caused chaos bring fear and then order.?.?.  Will fear be the cause to relinquish choice/privacy/freedoms.?.?.    No responses needed.

For whoever wants to read -

I am not trying to be doom and gloom here, but a realist and hopefully offer some hope/encouragement to whom will receive it. We are truly living in some different/challenging/troublesome times, but there is something greater that what we are facing or what we may face ahead and that is the love given by Yahweh(the Father) & Son(Yeshua).  Sometimes we are so focused on getting through the forest/circumstances, we miss the hands of mercy and grace that provide the peace/comfort to help us along our way.  Fear is controlling and it will starve you/keep you from receiving peace, freedom, mercy, grace, love and forgiveness.  Living in fear is a prison!  Here are some promises-a reminder for those who have a relationship with the Father & Son to claim hold on: Psalms 118:6 The LORD is on my side; I will not fear; what can man do unto me?  Psalm 91:5,6 Thou shalt not be afraid for the terror by night; nor for the arrow that flieth by day; Nor for the pestilence that walketh in darkness; 2 Timothy 1:7 For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love and of a sound mind. Psalm 91:13,14,15  Thou shalt tread upon the lion and the adder: the young lion and the dragon shalt thou trample under feet.  Because he hath set his love upon me, therefore will I deliver him: I will set him on high, because he hath known my name.  He shall call upon me, and I will answer him: I will be with him in trouble: I will deliver him, and honour him.  

It’s not our faith that was see us through, but the faith of Jesus that will see us through-Revelation 14:12 Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God(the Father) and the faith of Jesus(the only begotten son). Again, it’s not of ourselves/our faith, but the faith of Jesus that will see us through the challenge/troublesome times we are in and what may come. It’s Christ in you the hope of glory (Col 1:27).  Revelation 3:20 behold, I(Christ) stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door(give permission), I(Christ) will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me. 2 Corinthians 6:2 …behold, now is the day of salvation... Grab a hold of life today and don’t delay.  

Everything I wrote above was out of love and I hope it’s received with love and peace. I am not here to argue nor to debate. You have the freewill/choice to work out your on salvation (Philip 2:12)    

If someone doesn’t like/agree with what I said I can live with that and no harsh feelings.  I still love you and hope the best for you.  

Glad to see that there’s going to be some HS football.  I am Looking forward to it like the rest of you.  I wish everyone a blessed week.

Just want to thank you for taking the time to explain your reasoning and position. One solid "fact" that sort of supports your research... WBBJ (Jackson, Madison County) news segment last night reported that Madison Co.'s mask mandate (everyone required to wear a mask, even outdoors) was into it's fourth week. CV-19 confirmed cases are rising at the highest rate to date. Combine those two statements and the only logical derivative is that masks do not contain the spread of the virus.

• Upvote 1

• CoachT locked this topic