COVID-19 2020 HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL SEASON

26 minutes ago, RLS26 said:

can you get sick more than once in a year or does your body build up to fight it

The answer to everything Covid is maybe... but it's unlikely that you can get sick a second time. Antibody studies have been questionable. A handful of people have reported getting sick a second time but it's not clear if it was a true reinfection or just a reoccurrence of symptoms from the initial infection.  

https://www.healthline.com/health-news/covid-19-reinfection-antibodies-immunity#Why-reinfection-is-unlikely

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tradertwo said:

Didn't do anything "wrong". Throwing PC out the window and cutting to the chase... Salem's point was that the headline stated that CV-19 was the cause of a six year old's death. The REAL reason (stated in the article by the parent) was that the boy was weakened by triple organ transplant to the point that he couldn't withstand more problems. Batman countered by saying that there were few people who didn't already have some sort of preexisting condition. Batman's statement was true, but gives the impression that he equates high blood pressure to a triple organ transplant (combined with whatever warranted the transplants to begin with), which is not even close to practical.

Look, I'm not trying to be argumentative or fanatical... I'd just like for the discussion to be practical from both sides.

Ok,Actually, I countered with this and should have  stopped and made another post .. " We as parents never want to see young kids die from anything " Then I explained that I know politics twist everything, meaning that I understood how that article made the death of the young man look....Now the rest was just my opinion on how things are reported and in no way was I trying to compare this terrible event as being equal or the same as high blood pressure.Maybe I could have worded it differently or not.Bottom line is my blood pressure seems to be just fine for me  to take the time and try to be civil  when that does in fact go against my grain.

3 hours ago, osunut2 said:

Batman, if it makes you feel any better, I'm not sure what you did wrong.

We've been at this for 73 pages, and I'm pretty sure all we've effectively done is dug our heels in even more.

I learned to tell folks that if they don’t my cigar smoke, then they can get out of my face or stay home.

Thats about it.

17 minutes ago, strongx said:

I learned to tell folks that if they don’t my cigar smoke, then they can get out of my face or stay home.

Thats about it.

What if someone said to you, " If you don't like my crack pipe smoke in your face, then get out of my face or stay home."?

Or better yet, why don't you learn how to communicate in an adult way and say, " If my cigar smoke bothers you, I will move to a place where no one is and enjoy my smoke in peace. "

You don't have to be an alpha monkey all the time. Being respectful is fun.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Salem said:

I'm not going to join the look at my degree club on the anonymous message board with you and the child studies master

Never said I was a master and in fact my first day teaching a Second Grader schooled me big time. I just took the row and asked did any student want to go by a different name / nickname. A boy raised his hand and said he goes by " J.J." So for a month I called him J.J. On Parent - Teacher Conference Night, his Mom comes in and I start talking about her son until she says to me I have the wrong child. Her kid is not named J.J. but Dejaun.  HAHAHA!.

UPDATE... Dejuan made it to age 16 before being killed in a drive by shooting at 3 am.

Don't ever confuse me with a Master Teacher again. I just did the very best I could.

• CoachT locked this topic