COVID-19 2020 HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL SEASON

1 hour ago, WillieTheWildcats said:

I will come clean. I always wear a mask, wash hands, keep Social Distance , stay out of bars and order take out. But I just cannot follow the directional arrows at the beginning of an aisle. I go down every aisle anyway I want. Do I feel bad about it? Yes, but I still do it.

I'm sorry. 

Ha,sometimes sorry doesn't cut it Willie.I walked all the way around an aisle at Walmart here in Kingsport so I could go in the right direction for something I needed .What I wanted was in about the middle and It was clear when I started around. I be darned if a family like Barney was talking about at the same time I had gotten around,came right in the wrong direction that I had started from.They had atleast five or more kids running up and down the aisle and not a mask one .

11 hours ago, BarneySox2007 said:

School coming back in session is going to be the real kicker. I know this from reliable people on the inside that 3 of 4 high schools in Blount County that there are at least 3 cases at each one of those schools. I also know a teacher has tested positive in the elementary system of one of our schools. One of the high schools had a mother come pick her son up from school after they became aware the kid had tested positive from a test taken earlier but let the kid go to school anyway leaving the school in a scramble to whom they have came in contact with. That's the mindset of some hillbilly parent which gives most of us a good idea which school that one was. I knew three weeks ago when I passed Foothills Mall and saw that big Ferris Wheel going up that this might not be to good.  I'm not sure what Bird Brain Okayed that great plan. 

The real crossroads are ahead of us in this thing, Barney. There are (imo) a staggering amount of school aged kids who are "positive" but asymptomatic... when one pops a temp test and triggers the inevitable chain reaction of quarantines/testing, there's going to be a spike in reported cases on paper, but in reality nothing will have changed other than being aware that they've tested positive. If we can get over that hump without our leaders reacting like chicken little, I think we'll be ok.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, WaCoJaCo said:

This same thing could of happened in 2018, or in a lot of other years. In 2018 the CDC estimated that over 80,000 people died from the flu in the United States. I haven't seen an estimate on how many flu cases were reported that year but it had to be a bunch. Plus there wasn't a testing program testing everybody for the flu in 2018 so the number of cases were probably off the charts. Yet we never skipped a beat and most people in this country never even new there was a problem with the flu. They could of done the same thing in 2018 as their doing now and we would of all freaked out and shut the country down. I'm not saying the "China Virus" is not real or anything like that but obviously things are not adding up. Things like......Has anyone noticed that the more people that wear mask the more cases we see? I mean when you go out in public these days it's rare to see anyone without a mask. I went to Lowes the other day and forgot my mask and I was the only one there without one. I felt like I didn't have pants on or something.  But of course you can't get the "China Virus" at Lowes anyway, or any Grocery Store or Wal-Mart or one of those Violent Peaceful Protest thats taking place in all the Liberal Cities. You go to a Gym or Beauty Salon and you get thrown in jail. Which is another thing that don't add up. I think we're all getting played here. I could be wrong but from everything I've seen and heard so far I have as much of a chance of being right as anyone. It's one of two things. Either this is political and will disappear after the election, or it will never disappear and end up affecting most of the population. (note: by "political" I mean our reaction to the virus, not the virus itself"

Madison County is one month into their county wide mask mandate, and cases are increasing now at a higher rate than in the "spike" that resulted in the mandate... real results that say it doesn't work.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sportsguy22 said:

Understood. I just know there is a major difference between getting the quick tests vs. the weeklong tests, especially for a mass testing situation that is time sensitive. It’s mass chaos regardless and we can all agree on that.

That’s why it might get bad. If a kid test positive for it then think about all the kids he has been around in the 7 days. It could get ugly quick. 

1 hour ago, sportsguy22 said:

Understood. I just know there is a major difference between getting the quick tests vs. the weeklong tests, especially for a mass testing situation that is time sensitive. It’s mass chaos regardless and we can all agree on that.

You can also go to a urgent care office that’s all over and it cost $50 get the test back in 2 to 3 days

25 minutes ago, BatmanLives said:

Ha,sometimes sorry doesn't cut it Willie.I walked all the way around an aisle at Walmart here in Kingsport so I could go in the right direction for something I needed .What I wanted was in about the middle and It was clear when I started around. I be darned if a family like Barney was talking about at the same time I had gotten around,came right in the wrong direction that I had started from.They had atleast five or more kids running up and down the aisle and not a mask one .

I turn the cart around and walk backward up the isle

53 minutes ago, Djohnson said:

I turn the cart around and walk backward up the isle

Guilty of that, too. I will also just leave the cart at the end of an aisle, go and get what I need and return to the cart hoping it didn't get in anybody's way.

Oh, I no longer go to Wal-Mart anymore. You can almost see the virus on peoples' pajamas.

7 hours ago, WillieTheWildcats said:

I will come clean. I always wear a mask, wash hands, keep Social Distance , stay out of bars and order take out. But I just cannot follow the directional arrows at the beginning of an aisle. I go down every aisle anyway I want. Do I feel bad about it? Yes, but I still do it.

I'm sorry. 

Willie I'm the same way. I was in there Sunday Morning early before the Dixie Trailer Park all woke up and a lady that works there that shops for all those lazy lard azzes and scardy cats told me I was going the wrong way. I stopped and looked her right in the eyes and said I was actually trying to get by her and the bus she was pushing but she shows up in every aisle I go to like clockwork. I also told her she may be married to that place and be bent over the barrel for whatever crazy rule they throw at her but I'm not. It's hard to follow a rule like that when you have one of those buses and a fat lady in the same aisle at the same time. Reminds me of a clogged toilet.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Djohnson said:

You can also go to a urgent care office that’s all over and it cost $50 get the test back in 2 to 3 days

If a kid has symptoms, then they can get tested obviously. Otherwise, everyone else that does not have symptoms will have no reason to do so. That’s the way it will work when you’re dealing with thousands and thousands of students across this state. As Trader says, the asymptomatic cases in kids are extremely common, so nothing truly changes in those cases. There will be nothing to freak out about as you hope happens. This game of spreading that negativity is falling on deaf ears, which is a good thing.

10 minutes ago, sportsguy22 said:

If a kid has symptoms, then they can get tested obviously. Otherwise, everyone else that does not have symptoms will have no reason to do so. That’s the way it will work when you’re dealing with thousands and thousands of students across this state. As Trader says, the asymptomatic cases in kids are extremely common, so nothing truly changes in those cases. There will be nothing to freak out about as you hope happens. This game of spreading that negativity is falling on deaf ears, which is a good thing.

If they have symptoms they HAVE to be tested and have either a negative test result or Drs note before practicing.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, orngnblk said:

Word is Carter County Mayor said no full pads for another week.

Are you guys going to go virtual for the whole year .I was partially listening when someone was talking about different local systems last night.From what I heard there has been a big disconnect  from the governor and many school systems .Much like how it's been with DC and the states.These local guys are put in a lose- lose situation because either way someone is going to be mad for not sending the kids back or having to possibly put people at risk because the system we have has some question marks.I heard some of Kingsports board and superintendent meeting last night and those guys were probably reading the same comments I was as they talked.Lot of pressure by the public.I'd probably be like Trump and start texting back nasty responses like I don't care who you vote for " loser"  Better edit,I didn't hear you were going virtual all year,just wondered what they decided over there

Edited by BatmanLives

• CoachT locked this topic