COVID-19 2020 HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL SEASON

2 hours ago, BatmanLives said:

Probably a great analogy . I'd take the way different people  look at it another step.Some folks think those total of eight lug nuts  will keep the wheels on for a million miles if your tires would last that long . On the other hand,some people think you will never get out of the parking lot before all four wheels fly off . I'd love for it to end up being more towards the million miles for the season, school and the good of everyone.The thing that concerns me is there are a lot of people working at the tire store who don't  even know how to jack up a car, much less change a set of tires .

The reason I use this analogy is that we're already experiencing the tires wobbling and we haven't even hit the main road yet. The big question will be if they can hang on for a full sixteen week football season.  We're already seeing that the Cardinals and Marlins from MLB bought their set of tires from the same place and are currently having to be towed back to the place they got them from. I love high school football more than anything and even if we can get a few games in would be better than nothing but my feelings are not to get disappointed if the tires all go flying off and make sure you have Triple A when it happens.

On 8/1/2020 at 7:03 PM, sportsguy22 said:

And, obviously, rightly so. Impossible financially and would be the biggest waste of money ever. 

This is not an obvious answer as you put it. 

Now you hide behind cost?  People (you included) complained college and pro sports in TN was moving forward at that time but high school was on hold and wondered why??  This is EXACTLY why, high schools can not afford to manage this pandemic.  Too many knuckle heads want to watch their little Johnny play a game more than concerned about a small test to see if their child is carrying.  A responsible parent would want to know if their child has the potential to make others test positive then take home to grandma.  People prefer to ask for forgiveness rather than permission.    

1 minute ago, TeeterTot2 said:

This is not an obvious answer as you put it. 

Now you hide behind cost?  People (you included) complained college and pro sports in TN was moving forward at that time but high school was on hold and wondered why??  This is EXACTLY why, high schools can not afford to manage this pandemic.  Too many knuckle heads want to watch their little Johnny play a game more than concerned about a small test to see if their child is carrying.  A responsible parent would want to know if their child has the potential to make others test positive then take home to grandma.  People prefer to ask for forgiveness rather than permission.    

Why in the holy heck would you spend a bunch of money to get your child tested if they have no symptoms? That would be unbelievably stupid! Not to mention, kids are simply the lowest risk of anyone and mostly show no symptoms or have very mild symptoms. We are not dealing with a ton of rich families in this state whose kids play high school sports. Lastly, you could spend the money and have them tested...and it’s a false positive or they could be negative then actually get the virus a day later. It’s a huge waste for those kids with zero symptoms! 

• Thanks 1

Iowa just finished their high school baseball season. They were the first US high school sports teams (along with softball) to start in the Covid era. Every article I read from June-July was full of negative, they can't continue , this is a disaster paragraphs . Iowa did continue and just wrapped up. Their seniors didn't lose a season. Softball was less affected than baseball. 

It wasn’t exactly smooth sailing with Covid but: - 94% of teams were unaffected - 96% finished season - all infections reportedly mild - fans were allowed all season. 

Edited by Salem
  • Like 1

School coming back in session is going to be the real kicker. I know this from reliable people on the inside that 3 of 4 high schools in Blount County that there are at least 3 cases at each one of those schools. I also know a teacher has tested positive in the elementary system of one of our schools. One of the high schools had a mother come pick her son up from school after they became aware the kid had tested positive from a test taken earlier but let the kid go to school anyway leaving the school in a scramble to whom they have came in contact with. That's the mindset of some hillbilly parent which gives most of us a good idea which school that one was. I knew three weeks ago when I passed Foothills Mall and saw that big Ferris Wheel going up that this might not be to good.  I'm not sure what Bird Brain Okayed that great plan. 

54 minutes ago, sportsguy22 said:

Why in the holy heck would you spend a bunch of money to get your child tested if they have no symptoms? That would be unbelievably stupid! Not to mention, kids are simply the lowest risk of anyone and mostly show no symptoms or have very mild symptoms. We are not dealing with a ton of rich families in this state whose kids play high school sports. Lastly, you could spend the money and have them tested...and it’s a false positive or they could be negative then actually get the virus a day later. It’s a huge waste for those kids with zero symptoms! 

OK chief!

Why in the word do we have these health experts giving all these opinions when WHO has such a well traveled and educated epidemiologist as sportsguy to provide guidance?  The years and years of studying and looking in a microscope has really paid off.  

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, BarneySox2007 said:

School coming back in session is going to be the real kicker. I know this from reliable people on the inside that 3 of 4 high schools in Blount County that there are at least 3 cases at each one of those schools. I also know a teacher has tested positive in the elementary system of one of our schools. One of the high schools had a mother come pick her son up from school after they became aware the kid had tested positive from a test taken earlier but let the kid go to school anyway leaving the school in a scramble to whom they have came in contact with. That's the mindset of some hillbilly parent which gives most of us a good idea which school that one was. I knew three weeks ago when I passed Foothills Mall and saw that big Ferris Wheel going up that this might not be to good.  I'm not sure what Bird Brain Okayed that great plan. 

Some of those hillbilly parents only concern is watching little Johnny run, block, and tackle.  It's what they live for so we can't let a pandemic get in the way of what they want.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, BarneySox2007 said:

Your in one part of the state .How many more of these stories are yet to be told.Anyone that doesn't believe it is possible hasn't been to Walmart on a Saturday afternoon.

Edited by BatmanLives
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, TeeterTot2 said:

OK chief!

Why in the word do we have these health experts giving all these opinions when WHO has such a well traveled and educated epidemiologist as sportsguy to provide guidance?  The years and years of studying and looking in a microscope has really paid off.  

Who’s paying for this grand plan? The answer cannot be individual families...impossible to force them all to spend a big chunk on what amounts to a random guess. That’s insanity and beyond stupid.

This same thing could of happened in 2018, or in a lot of other years. In 2018 the CDC estimated that over 80,000 people died from the flu in the United States. I haven't seen an estimate on how many flu cases were reported that year but it had to be a bunch. Plus there wasn't a testing program testing everybody for the flu in 2018 so the number of cases were probably off the charts. Yet we never skipped a beat and most people in this country never even new there was a problem with the flu. They could of done the same thing in 2018 as their doing now and we would of all freaked out and shut the country down. I'm not saying the "China Virus" is not real or anything like that but obviously things are not adding up. Things like......Has anyone noticed that the more people that wear mask the more cases we see? I mean when you go out in public these days it's rare to see anyone without a mask. I went to Lowes the other day and forgot my mask and I was the only one there without one. I felt like I didn't have pants on or something.  But of course you can't get the "China Virus" at Lowes anyway, or any Grocery Store or Wal-Mart or one of those Violent Peaceful Protest thats taking place in all the Liberal Cities. You go to a Gym or Beauty Salon and you get thrown in jail. Which is another thing that don't add up. I think we're all getting played here. I could be wrong but from everything I've seen and heard so far I have as much of a chance of being right as anyone. It's one of two things. Either this is political and will disappear after the election, or it will never disappear and end up affecting most of the population. (note: by "political" I mean our reaction to the virus, not the virus itself"

• Thanks 1

• CoachT locked this topic