COVID-19 2020 HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL SEASON

25 minutes ago, BatmanLives said:

Are you guys going to go virtual for the whole year .I was partially listening when someone was talking about different local systems last night.From what I heard there has been a big disconnect  from the governor and many school systems .Much like how it's been with DC and the states.These local guys are put in a lose- lose situation because either way someone is going to be mad for not sending the kids back or having to possibly put people at risk because the system we have has some question marks.I heard some of Kingsports board and superintendent meeting last night and those guys were probably reading the same comments I was as they talked.Lot of pressure by the public.I'd probably be like Trump and start texting back nasty responses like I don't care who you vote for " loser"  Better edit,I didn't hear you were going virtual all year,just wondered what they decided over there

I am from Loudon County so I dont know about the virtual stuff.A friend of mine from Hampton was upset about them holding the kids out of pads for another week.

52 minutes ago, orngnblk said:

I am from Loudon County so I dont know about the virtual stuff.A friend of mine from Hampton was upset about them holding the kids out of pads for another week.

Ok , I've got a friend that I use to work with that was a bulldog years ago .They have had some really good teams over there.

Edited by BatmanLives

8 minutes ago, WaCoJaCo said:

If anybody is thinking of buying a new laptop you might want to wait just a bit. With thousands of laptops being handed out all over the nation I'd say in a couple months you'll be able to get one off the net for about 50 bucks. 

Yeah,I  seen them vote on that last night at the board meeting live .Just after one of the members ask if what they already  had would work ok.

Edited by BatmanLives

3 minutes ago, Salem said:

This is a typical coronavirus news story for children. Terribly sad but the virus played very little role in this child's death. The only reason for this article is to terrify the parents of small children about to return to school.  

https://www.foxnews.com/us/6-year-old-nebraska-boy-covid-19-died-report

I don’t find anything in the article that would terrify parents of average children. The child was previously a triple organ transplant patient. It’s Fox News. 

9 minutes ago, Sidelinehustler said:

I don’t find anything in the article that would terrify parents of average children. The child was previously a triple organ transplant patient. It’s Fox News. 

Read the headline.

Nebraska boy, 6, dies after diagnosed with COVID-19, report

He's potentially the first child to die from the virus in Douglas County, Nebraska

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Salem said:

This is a typical coronavirus news story for children. Terribly sad but the virus played very little role in this child's death. The only reason for this article is to terrify the parents of small children about to return to school.  

https://www.foxnews.com/us/6-year-old-nebraska-boy-covid-19-died-report

We as parents never want to see the young kids die from anything.I understand the politics of it and know it's twisted like a pretzel both ways.When you think about it, I'd say very few Americans do not have some type of preexisting factor . I do happen to know someone who wasn't at risk and died of it .I know folks will say ,I know a lot of people who died of many things as well and we have to move on.With covid and preexisting, the  argument can go the other way just the same. You can have high blood pressure or a thousand other things and live to be 100 with medication.I guess that's why we all have different opinions.

Edited by BatmanLives
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, BatmanLives said:

We as parents never want to see the young kids die from anything.I understand the politics of it and know it's twisted like a pretzel both ways.When you think about it, I'd say very few Americans do not have some type of preexisting factor . I do happen to know someone who wasn't at risk and died of it .I know folks will say ,I know a lot of people who died of many things as well and we have to move on.With covid and preexisting, the  argument can go the other way just the same. You can have high blood pressure or a thousand other things and live to be 100 with medication.I guess that's why we all have different opinions.

And posts like this are what's twisting the narrative. If your reading comprehension skills are just average, you already know that Salem wasn't implying that most people have absolutely no issues medically, or that no one is at risk who isn't already at death's door, but your post interprets it that way. It's very unfortunate that a child passed away, and debatable that he could potentially have survived for many years without other complications adding to his delicate condition... what you can't do however, is imply that CV-19 is the  sole determining factor in his passing (which the headline states). In some varying degree, it's likely that most any other contagious illness could and would have resulted in the same outcome. There are some fanatics on both sides of this discussion who have unreasonable opinions of the risk factor, or the measures needed to return earth to some semblance of normalcy, but most reasonable people understand some of the arguments from both sides, just differ on the extremes they are willing to endure (and ask of others) to avoid exposure. I personally am going to use a little common sense and be more cautious about exposure and protection, but I will not barricade myself in a cave someplace, and I certainly won't ask others to do so.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• CoachT locked this topic