COVID-19 2020 HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL SEASON

14 hours ago, Salem said:

:roflol::roflolk: 

Thank you lefties for the occasional comic relief in an otherwise serious discussion about the effects of this virus on Tennessee high school football. 

Your stupidity, if manifested in any position of educational leadership, would come at the cost of many, many people. Solider on, Bubba. From your armchair.

7 hours ago, pioneer42 said:

People need to really get right with the good Lord if they are this scared and fearful.

To question people’s salvation based on their opinion on COVID is heresy. I know many people with heartfelt salvation that have varying opinions on COVID policy. Don’t use my Lord and savior Jesus Christ as a pawn in this. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

I truly wish this wasn't an election year to go with covid . There is no question that political gains are at risk and weigh on some of our leaders in their decision making when it comes to something like schools and football .I can 100 % see that influence in the streets .  I've got no problem saying I've voted one way or the other but that doesn't make me a sheep that follows or believes every lie I hear .My beliefs from my first vote were on what was important to me and much far right of either party.So I've went down the party line of the one closest to myself .Starting with my favorite president Ronald Reagan.Right now I'm watching Fox on my dentist TV while getting ready for an appointment that I need. So, I'm living while trying to be safe. When I give an opinion it's just that and I don't care if you like it or not.I voted for president Trump. I never liked him  on his show and hated what he said about John McCain. To me,the decision between him and Clinton were equal to  having to get a  colonoscopy or vote for Clinton and have a sex change ..So when I hear the totally crazy stuff the president sometimes says ,it really gets under my skin for two reasons. I know he is either lying or thinks because I voted for him , I'm just stupid enough to believe it.

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, Sidelinehustler said:

To question people’s salvation based on their opinion on COVID is heresy. I know many people with heartfelt salvation that have varying opinions on COVID policy. Don’t use my Lord and savior Jesus Christ as a pawn in this. 

The only thing I would say is that having an opinion of COVID either way doesn’t have anything to do with that chapter in Psalms. It’s just about not succumbing to fear and panic via a plague or other things, and trusting in the Lord through tough times without letting that fear take over. We all have to admit sadly that many people have, in fact, allowed that fear and panic to control them through all this. It’s just true, sadly. As for the individual salvation that you mentioned, that’s obviously not up to any of us. I do think it’s a good and decent practice to not live in fear and never let it take over your life. All that said, everyone is responsible for his/her own decisions and reactions to society/life issues whether through a plague or any other difficult circumstance. It’s yet another challenge we all face traveling through this earthly life. It’s a broken world we all live in and we all can agree on that!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BatmanLives said:

I truly wish this wasn't an election year to go with covid . There is no question that political gains are at risk and weigh on some of our leaders in their decision making when it comes to something like schools and football .I can 100 % see that influence in the streets .  I've got no problem saying I've voted one way or the other but that doesn't make me a sheep that follows or believes every lie I hear .My beliefs from my first vote were on what was important to me and much far right of either party.So I've went down the party line of the one closest to myself .Starting with my favorite president Ronald Reagan.Right now I'm watching Fox on my dentist TV while getting ready for an appointment that I need. So, I'm living while trying to be safe. When I give an opinion it's just that and I don't care if you like it or not.I voted for president Trump. I never liked him  on his show and hated what he said about John McCain. To me,the decision between him and Clinton were equal to  having to get a  colonoscopy or vote for Clinton and have a sex change ..So when I hear the totally crazy stuff the president sometimes says ,it really gets under my skin for two reasons. I know he is either lying or thinks because I voted for him , I'm just stupid enough to believe it.

Good post. Thx for the explanation. I have hoped your thought processes were out there somewhere for a lot of people. 
It may now be time for that sex change. Lol. Just kidding. I appreciate your candor.

Back to football...

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Sidelinehustler said:

It is not a pawn we all need him every minute of the day with or without a pandemic. Lots of people are not fearful and are confident Jesus will get them through this and have no fear or have it more under control. Good Lord don’t want you to fear nothing and put him first in your life.  Ton of verses in the Bible that has “do not fear” in them. We can all do more but just saying some are taking fear to another level. I definitely need to read the Bible more but Psalms 91 is read before I get started and before I go to bed giving thanks to the good Lord every day and it for sure helps. Man I am reading articles where teachers are supposedly making wills and saying goodbyes supposedly. Just think the fear level and the overreaction is in overdrive right now. 

Edited by pioneer42
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, strongx said:

Does anybody else fish or play golf during lightening storms? Or just me?

On that note, there really isn't a safe place to be during a lightening storm. I've been in a house when "ball lightening" streaked across the room during a lightening storm. Most people think it's safe to be in a car because it's siting on rubber tires. I have seen a car that was a total loss after taking a lightening strike. Melted the top off the battery, fried all the electronics, even melted the seat cushions from the heated seat wiring. Luckily no one was in the car.

For you two or three people that may know a little about dairy farming,put your rubber boots on for this one. As a boy I was  walking from my granddad's house to the milk barn (maybe 100 yards ) and a bolt of lightning struck the ground for what seemed like two or three seconds just twenty five or thirty feet in front of me.Although I was closer to the barn,I ran back to the house and found out lightning had just knocked the power out in the house.Here is the boot part.My Uncle who I just called to verify my memory , was stuck twice by lightning on that farm .Once leaning on a truck we hauled hay on and another time next to a fence.Now if they ever build a golf course on that farm and you want to play it.I suggest you look at the weather first.

• CoachT locked this topic