COVID-19 2020 HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL SEASON

43 minutes ago, BatmanLives said:

I understand and don't like wearing them either .To be perfectly honest,I don't know if the fact they post a sign at the store  I was at is a request or a requirement.I know some of our cities and counties say you must wear a mask around the country ,is that a  request or a requirement as well. The polls was a request by the governor I think but not a requirement, there was a posted sign about it but I didn't really read .I also understand the problem of who is going to enforce it. Now where other  problems I've personally heard about comes in ,is when people do try and become the law or belittle someone who is wearing one.In the last two weeks here at my local Walmart  ,A redneck woman jumped a equally rough guy about not wearing one and they were headed  to the parking lot.I don't know how that ended but didn't hear of an arrest.Another guy was making fun of folks for wearing them and  let's just  say he was verbally silenced.I wish it was as you say. If I get it,I get it and that was on me and nobody else was going to get it from what I did .Like when I was swimming in the ocean a couple years ago and shark sightings had brought people out already .I even seen multiple blacktips afterwards and still road the waves that day.My stupid donkey should have been bitten but I was lucky.Was I scared,no.Was I smart, definitely not.I truly wish it was that way .

This is a good post.My responce to yours earlier runs along some of your points.My middle son who has a newborn had to run into a store for emergency items and a PRICK called him out at the register,was not a requirement nor had signs at the time.My son who has lived a life most of is will never see at the age of 26 just gave his life into the ministry and told his mother I almost took two steps back today.NOW why in the world are we the authorities on mask wearing and what gives a middle aged or anyone for that matter the right to judge and call someone out in public.Wear your mask dont wear your mask but watch what you say to someone because his old man might be standing near.I love Jesus but I'm not my son!

24 minutes ago, orngnblk said:

This is a good post.My responce to yours earlier runs along some of your points.My middle son who has a newborn had to run into a store for emergency items and a PRICK called him out at the register,was not a requirement nor had signs at the time.My son who has lived a life most of is will never see at the age of 26 just gave his life into the ministry and told his mother I almost took two steps back today.NOW why in the world are we the authorities on mask wearing and what gives a middle aged or anyone for that matter the right to judge and call someone out in public.Wear your mask dont wear your mask but watch what you say to someone because his old man might be standing near.I love Jesus but I'm not my son!

I hear you there ! 

make all players and coaches be tested 2 days before starting practice.  call this PRECAUTION TESTING

get the test back in 2 days or less  if negative practice if positive sit out for 10 days.

test every wednesday if positive play can sit  out game and be tested the next wednesday to see it he can play on fridayl

SEC is testing we should too its free.

28 minutes ago, RLS26 said:

make all players and coaches be tested 2 days before starting practice.  call this PRECAUTION TESTING

get the test back in 2 days or less  if negative practice if positive sit out for 10 days.

test every wednesday if positive play can sit  out game and be tested the next wednesday to see it he can play on fridayl

what about managers or trainers? What about the chain gang? Do referees get tested too? Local newspaper sports editor? Ball boy? Crowd of spectators that’s involved in the spirit tunnel?   It’s much easier to put accurate information out there on the risks and allow each individual who participates or views the game to make the decision they think is best for them or their child. 

A quality test with a 2 day turnaround is not free. Have you had the test? It’s uncomfortable and even painful. It’s pointless to subject thousands of TN kids to this weekly. Watery eyes and even bloody noses are common. This  free test takes anywhere from 4-12 days to return a result. This free test is often given by newly trained “healthcare providers”. This test is very technique sensitive. It’s like hitting a vein for an IV some nurses have a knack for it some nurses stab you 6-7 times and then call in another nurse. This test is often not accurate (ask the Ohio governor and thousands of others who received a false positive.) and many people claim a false negative is actually more common. 

• Like 1

There is never going to be blanket testing of players in high school. Never. It’s not college or pro ball. Notwithstanding cost, the logistics would be prohibitive. When are the 50-100 players going to be tested? During their academic classes or after practice? When does that minimum hour commitment take place for the team? Testing all players, managers, coaches, refs, and chain gang (which is mingled with all the above throughout the game) isn’t possible even once a week. 

Edited by Sidelinehustler
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Salem said:

what about managers or trainers? What about the chain gang? Do referees get tested too? Local newspaper sports editor? Ball boy? Crowd of spectators that’s involved in the spirit tunnel?   It’s much easier to put accurate information out there on the risks and allow each individual who participates or views the game to make the decision they think is best for them or their child. 

A quality test with a 2 day turnaround is not free. Have you had the test? It’s uncomfortable and even painful. It’s pointless to subject thousands of TN kids to this weekly. Watery eyes and even bloody noses are common. This  free test takes anywhere from 4-12 days to return a result. This free test is often given by newly trained “healthcare providers”. This test is very technique sensitive. It’s like hitting a vein for an IV some nurses have a knack for it some nurses stab you 6-7 times and then call in another nurse. This test is often not accurate (ask the Ohio governor and thousands of others who received a false positive.) and many people claim a false negative is actually more common. 

Very well said! Common sense overrules emotional, illogical, nonsensical opinions every single time!!

9 minutes ago, Sidelinehustler said:

There is never going to be blanket testing of players in high school. Never. It’s not college or pro ball. Notwithstanding cost, the logistics would be prohibitive. When are the 50-100 players going to be tested? During their academic classes or after practice? When does that minimum hour commitment take place for the team? Testing all players, managers, coaches, refs, and chain gang (which is mingled with all the above throughout the game) isn’t possible even once a week. 

Yet another common sense response! Well said. 

1 hour ago, RLS26 said:

...or, we could just let them play, and react if (and when) one displays symptoms by that player quarantining for 10 days after symptoms are gone. Testing should be left to the family, as I'm not comfortable with government telling me (or anyone) how, when, or why I have to do anything... especially concerning private matters.

All that you're proposing to do is destroy any chance of a full season. There will be too many positive results to put two pre-scheduled teams on the field every Friday night this fall if all connected to the team are tested every week.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Salem said:

That test sux and is very uncomfortable,had to have one before surgery.No need to test unless they have symtoms.

• Like 1

Mid-American Conference cancels fall football due to virus !! Still think high school will play ?? The Mid-American Conference on Saturday became the first league at college football's highest level to cancel its fall season because of the pandemic.

Edited by fb247

Quarantine the sick. Just because you get virus it is NOT a death sentence. Read the statistics yourself and we can see life needs to move on without unnecessary fear. Unless you are over 70 or have an underlying condition you are extremely safe. Virus is real but media has made it a monster that it’s not. More kids have died from flu this year than COVID-19. If this fear continues we will have no HS sports this year. 

• Like 1

• CoachT locked this topic