COVID-19 2020 HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL SEASON

54 minutes ago, BatmanLives said:

For you two or three people that may know a little about dairy farming,put your rubber boots on for this one. As a boy I was  walking from my granddad's house to the milk barn (maybe 100 yards ) and a bolt of lightning struck the ground for what seemed like two or three seconds just twenty five or thirty feet in front of me.Although I was closer to the barn,I ran back to the house and found out lightning had just knocked the power out in the house.Here is the boot part.My Uncle who I just called to verify my memory , was stuck twice by lightning on that farm .Once leaning on a truck we hauled hay on and another time next to a fence.Now if they ever build a golf course on that farm and you want to play it.I suggest you look at the weather first.

WOW! Yep that is definitely one place not to be and your Uncle is one of a kind.  :)

Our other neighbor looks to remain on schedule despite fear mongering articles like this. This author may have an account and post on this thread. I've played a ton of football and have never once thought about getting sick from a practice or game. 

but high school football players everywhere began full-contact practice on Wednesday without any filters to protect players, coaches and their families from this coronavirus pandemic. Sports are more than important. Sports are vital. This isn’t sports, though. This is just turning one of the things we love most of all into a state-sponsored vector for diseaseWe couldn’t even test players before they started slamming into each other? Players are going to pass the coronavirus around. Communities are at risk. It’s that simple. "

https://www.al.com/highschoolsports/2020/08/without-covid-19-testing-high-school-football-putting-communities-at-risk.html

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Salem said:

Our other neighbor looks to remain on schedule despite fear mongering articles like this. This author may have an account and post on this thread. I've played a ton of football and have never once thought about getting sick from a practice or game. 

but high school football players everywhere began full-contact practice on Wednesday without any filters to protect players, coaches and their families from this coronavirus pandemic. Sports are more than important. Sports are vital. This isn’t sports, though. This is just turning one of the things we love most of all into a state-sponsored vector for diseaseWe couldn’t even test players before they started slamming into each other? Players are going to pass the coronavirus around. Communities are at risk. It’s that simple. "

https://www.al.com/highschoolsports/2020/08/without-covid-19-testing-high-school-football-putting-communities-at-risk.html

Can you say, AGENDA?

They're loyal I'll give them that. Even though they are STUPID!!!! 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Tab said:

Why just 2 days? I thought you had to shut down for 2 weeks? Who really knows

It’s anything goes at this point...all   over the map! The wild emotional decisions are an example of mass chaos and simple overreaction at its core. This roller coaster leadership all over the place is embarrassing!

1 minute ago, sportsguy22 said:

It’s anything goes at this point...all   over the map! The wild emotional decisions are an example of mass chaos and simple overreaction at its core. This roller coaster leadership all over the place is embarrassing!

So much stuff is being hidden right now and kelp hush hush because of the financial devastation it will bring if there is no football.

11 minutes ago, sportsguy22 said:

Please explain what all is being hidden

I know a lot of teachers in every school system around here and everyone has told me stuff and the last thing they say is please don't let this out or I could get fired.  I'm not going to mention stories but most teachers do not want to be in the classroom right now because of knowing someone close or a situation that has happened at their school their trying to keep the least amount of people knowing. Far as football I hope and pray they get to play. This could be the first year two teams could meet up for the state championship because they were lucky enough not to be suspended for having a player that tested positive during the year.

• CoachT locked this topic