COVID-19 2020 HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL SEASON

19 minutes ago, BarneySox2007 said:

I know a lot of teachers in every school system around here and everyone has told me stuff and the last thing they say is please don't let this out or I could get fired.  I'm not going to mention stories but most teachers do not want to be in the classroom right now because of knowing someone close or a situation that has happened at their school their trying to keep the least amount of people knowing. Far as football I hope and pray they get to play. This could be the first year two teams could meet up for the state championship because they were lucky enough not to be suspended for having a player that tested positive during the year.

The old “sky is falling”, “end of the world”, fear/panic, “everyone says so” nonsense. That’s the problem with this situation in one post, in a nutshell!

I hope teams do get to play but the more days that go by I don't think they will ever finish. Like Carter County has 4 high schools and one player tested positive during the dead period but yesterday they shut all sports down for 2 weeks. So my glass is half empty

36 minutes ago, Tab said:

Yes that would make it criminal If someone dies. Plus will be civil suits. If someone does that they are a complete idiot anyway. If you worked in the court system you would understand

Jailer? Quote the law Mr. Court System. Obviously civil litigation would be in play. 

Edited by Sidelinehustler

1 hour ago, Tab said:

I hope teams do get to play but the more days that go by I don't think they will ever finish. Like Carter County has 4 high schools and one player tested positive during the dead period but yesterday they shut all sports down for 2 weeks. So my glass is half empty

That right there is why we're not going to see a football season this year. Whoever came up with that solution is a complete idiot. You quarantine that player, test everybody else and carry on. If this mind set continues it will end sports at every level forever. I think some of these "officials" are on a power trip. 99.3 survival rate if you get the "China Virus". 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, WaCoJaCo said:

That right there is why we're not going to see a football season this year. Whoever came up with that solution is a complete idiot. You quarantine that player, test everybody else and carry on. If this mind set continues it will end sports at every level forever. I think some of these "officials" are on a power trip. 99.3 survival rate if you get the "China Virus". 

Fearless leader Bill Lee came up with that one.  Here’s a scenario that was talked about at the SoCo board meeting tonight.

kids come back, teacher tests positive, teacher is also a coach, they find out three -five days later he’s positive, everyone who has been around that teacher is quarantined for two weeks.  In a situation like that it’ll be at least 50 classroom kids, 8-12 other teachers/coaches, and probably an entire football team.  Have that happen in the right timing and some teams are just screwed.

schools are virtual, but teachers are coming to school.  Teacher is positive, was at meetings with other teachers, school is wiped out for quarantine.

way too many bad scenarios where something can go wrong with how this is set up.  I’ll say it again, while unpopular and people hate it, moving towards spring was a better option for having kids actually being able to play.  I’m thinking of at least 5 -7 upper East tn games that won’t be played.  Anything that happens to a Team from now until Dec 5 is going to wipe out At least 1 game, potentially 3 if it happens on a Wednesday/Thursday.

• CoachT locked this topic