COVID-19 2020 HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL SEASON

2 hours ago, Salem said:

what about managers or trainers? What about the chain gang? Do referees get tested too? Local newspaper sports editor? Ball boy? Crowd of spectators that’s involved in the spirit tunnel?   It’s much easier to put accurate information out there on the risks and allow each individual who participates or views the game to make the decision they think is best for them or their child. 

A quality test with a 2 day turnaround is not free. Have you had the test? It’s uncomfortable and even painful. It’s pointless to subject thousands of TN kids to this weekly. Watery eyes and even bloody noses are common. This  free test takes anywhere from 4-12 days to return a result. This free test is often given by newly trained “healthcare providers”. This test is very technique sensitive. It’s like hitting a vein for an IV some nurses have a knack for it some nurses stab you 6-7 times and then call in another nurse. This test is often not accurate (ask the Ohio governor and thousands of others who received a false positive.) and many people claim a false negative is actually more common. 

i have been tested wasnt bad at all.  no pain at all and i got the test back within 2 days & didnt cost me one dime..  may not be accurate and you may still have it but it was a relief to know i was negitive at that time.   ill tell you whats going to happen.  one player is going to get sick and the season will be over.

B O E   everywhere are not going to let us play unless we have a solution.

they will table this or put this off until it goes away and it want   no season.

somebody smarter than me come up with a solution or kiss the season good bye  

2 hours ago, Sidelinehustler said:

There is never going to be blanket testing of players in high school. Never. It’s not college or pro ball. Notwithstanding cost, the logistics would be prohibitive. When are the 50-100 players going to be tested? During their academic classes or after practice? When does that minimum hour commitment take place for the team? Testing all players, managers, coaches, refs, and chain gang (which is mingled with all the above throughout the game) isn’t possible even once a week. 

sec  is going to be tested twice a week players coaches etc

• CoachT locked this topic