COVID-19 2020 HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL SEASON

1 hour ago, Joyful95 said:

The argument is shifting at the college level. It is now not about actually contracting covid 19, which is generally not serious or deadly for young people, to the concern over the long lasting cardiovascular effects of contracting covid. One study showed 73 out of 100 recovered covid patients showed T1 myocardial mapping issues.  

Understand that at present time no one knows what, if any, effects this might have on recovered covid patients. But it attacks the premise of young people who contract covid are not at risk.  

This line of reasoning means that the only to play sports safely is if there is a vaccine. This may be the reasoning, or attack depending on your beliefs, that keeps sports shutdown as well as many other things.

Let’s all hide. That is the answer. Biggest bunch of BS I have ever heard. College football players are wanting to get paid if any thing.

Edited by pioneer42

3 hours ago, Joyful95 said:

The argument is shifting at the college level. It is now not about actually contracting covid 19, which is generally not serious or deadly for young people, to the concern over the long lasting cardiovascular effects of contracting covid. One study showed 73 out of 100 recovered covid patients showed T1 myocardial mapping issues.  

Understand that at present time no one knows what, if any, effects this might have on recovered covid patients. But it attacks the premise of young people who contract covid are not at risk.  

This line of reasoning means that the only to play sports safely is if there is a vaccine. This may be the reasoning, or attack depending on your beliefs, that keeps sports shutdown as well as many other things.

That sounds really scary. However, the same cardiovascular effects are also found in influenza patients and in some other respiratory infections. They resolve over time. Below is an excerpt from the journal where a study like you mentioned was published. Funny how the scare tactics keep changing. 

Limitations

Our study has limitations. The findings are not validated for the use in pediatric patients 18 years and younger. They also do not represent patients during acute COVID-19 infection or those who are completely asymptomatic with COVID-19. Several patients within our cohort had new or persistent symptoms, thus increasing the likelihood of positive CMR findings. Outcome data remain outstanding. The imaging sequences used in this study have been well validated, standardized, and locked for the use in multicenter settings. The use of other imaging protocols, sequence parameters, or postprocessing approaches may yield different results.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Joyful95 said:

We may never find a vaccine so I guess we all need to quarantine for two or three years. Are we going to treat flu the same way from now on. Ridiculous!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Salem said:

We have a virus so contagious the country must shut down and everyone must wear a mask but in order to detect it they have to run a 6 inch Q-tip up your nose to find it. Seems like we could just breathe into a solo cup and have it tested. 

LoL! You sir are 100% correct. And you have to wait 2 days to get results. In the mean time if you do have the "Chinese Virus" you're walking around spreading it. Or if you don't have it you can get it at any time in the next two days while you're waiting on your test results. So actually the test are useless and a complete waste of time. You would actually have to be tested every time you come within 6 ft of another person. And even then we can't say the test are accurate. And what makes 6ft. the magic distance?  At first don't wear a mask, then wear a mask, then it's "wear a face shield or goggles. These so called "Covid experts" give me a break. Dr. Fauci, what a joke. Did you know the other day when he threw out the first pitch at the baseball game he practiced pitching the day before. The dang pitch was so bad it came closer to first base than it did to home plate. Afterwards he said the reason his pitch was so off was because when he was practicing he mis-calculated the distance between the pitchers mound and home plate by 20 feet. BY 20 FEET!!! If I need advice about the "China Virus" I'd ask the guy that mow's my lawn before I'd ask that moron.

On 8/8/2020 at 2:49 PM, Djohnson said:

13 hours ago, Joyful95 said:

13 hours ago, hardtackle said:

On 8/8/2020 at 9:35 PM, fb247 said:

Hey guys, if y'all need a bit of stress relief from all that worrying you've been doing, you are invited to join me this Friday night at Scotts Hill... we're having our annual "Black and Gold" game, along with some great food and companionship! Although this is a glorified inter-squad practice, I expect that some pads will be poppin' as our 2020 Lions will be getting their first taste of FRIDAY NIGHT LIGHTS!!! Masks, goggles, gloves, and bio hazard suits optional. Everyone is invited, but express your negative opinions at your own risk.

Edited by tradertwo
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, tradertwo said:

Hey guys, if y'all need a bit of stress relief from all that worrying you've been doing, you are invited to join me this Friday night at Scotts Hill... we're having our annual "Black and Gold" game, along with some great food and companionship! Although this is a glorified inter-squad practice, I expect that some pads will be poppin' as our 2020 Lions will be getting their first taste of FRIDAY NIGHT LIGHTS!!! Masks, goggles, gloves, and bio hazard suits optional. Everyone is invited, but express your negative opinions at your own risk.

Don’t too much inviting. I might be there. Don’t care about the food. Just want to see some pads popping.

31 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

Don’t too much inviting. I might be there. Don’t care about the food. Just want to see some pads popping.

Gate and a plate's on me if you decide to make the drive. Probably won't be the greatest football ever witnessed, but it'll be great to witness some football!!!

What is the difference between a person wanting to do all they can to be safe and a Conspiracy Addict grabbing on to any reason to ignore the Medical facts of the virus and 160,000 deaths???  Conspiracy theories are fake news. The other group is just trying to do the best they can to stay alive. Call them scared, cowards or any name you like but alive is the name they are going for.

There are only opinions in this post. I don't care if you don't like them. When the death toll just keeps rising, stop calling other people names and come to the bright side. We will welcome you with social distancing, hand santi., common sense, gloves (opt), and a non-political mask. If in Oak Ridge, TN, go to the Oak Ridge Pharmacy and buy either of two different masks for adults and kids.

Also, people with virus concerns are not anti-sports. I want with all my heart for Oak Ridge to play a full season. The players have GRINDED like never before and have put themselves in a great position for a playoff run. These Wildcats are not my children and if their parents say it is okay to play then let them play. My medical history is such it is too dangerous to attend the games. Lucky for me, a lot of ORHS games are on TV or streaming and the Boosters have a lot of Wildcat Merch for sale online. I live in Chattanooga but have already ordered a t shirt, sweatshirt, two masks, one yard sign and my Booster Membership. The name in the program will be WillieTheWildcat.

Okay, I am done.  Good luck to all the players. May they stay health and safe. RWR! 

Edited by WillieTheWildcats
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, WillieTheWildcats said:

What is the difference between a person wanting to do all they can to be safe and a Conspiracy Addict grabbing on to any reason to ignore the Medical facts of the virus and 160,000 deaths???  Conspiracy theories are fake news. The other group is just trying to do the best they can to stay alive. Call them scared, cowards or any name you like but alive is the name they are going for.

There are only opinions in this post. I don't care if you don't like them. When the death toll just keeps rising, stop calling other people names and come to the bright side. We will welcome you with social distancing, hand santi., common sense, gloves (opt), and a non-political mask. If in Oak Ridge, TN, go to the Oak Ridge Pharmacy and buy either of two different masks for adults and kids.

Also, people with virus concerns are not anti-sports. I want with all my heart for Oak Ridge to play a full season. The players have GRINDED like never before and have put themselves in a great position for a playoff run. These Wildcats are not my children and if their parents say it is okay to play then let them play. My medical history is such it is too dangerous to attend the games. Lucky for me, a lot of ORHS games are on TV or streaming and the Boosters have a lot of Wildcat Merch for sale online. I live in Chattanooga but have already ordered a t shirt, sweatshirt, two masks, one yard sign and my Booster Membership. The name in the program will be WillieTheWildcat.

Okay, I am done.  Good luck to all the players. May they stay health and safe. RWR! 

Willie,I also hope you get to watch your team play this year and we have a better control of this virus so you can be at the game's next year. I understand your frustrations on this topic because it literally could cost you and many other people their lives. I also understand the younger and healthy folks who have a zero fear of it. I remember when they reported Ronald Reagan had been shot and I was in boot camp. Rumor going around was the Russians had done it and we were going to war. Instead of thinking of how dangerous it was, I remember how excited we all were at the prospect of bombing the heck out of them.Now that I'm a lot older , it's not that I'm scared but that I now understand those guys also have bombs and there are more people's lives at stake then just my own. 

5 hours ago, WillieTheWildcats said:

Hey WTW, you and I have never interacted much here but I have always liked reading your football comments over the years as you are obviously a passionate OR fan.    Just something to consider here, there is a way we can absolutely kill off the coronavirus and keep it from spreading, this will work with 99.999999% results.   Here it is:     Every person inside the US borders stays inside their homes until the virus is declared dead.    Nobody is allowed outside your home for any reason.    Think one of those Little House on the Prairie episodes where the Ingalls get snowed in for a week and can't go outside.     Say we all do this until the end of the year, so after a few months of the virus not having any chance to spread from one person to another then it will be gone and we can all get on with life.     The death toll from the virus starts spiraling downwards rapidly until there are no more virus-related deaths.    I have looked at this plan every which way and cannot see any fault in the logic, the virus would have to be wiped out after a complete 100% no exceptions 5 month sequester.    Thoughts?

• CoachT locked this topic