COVID-19 2020 HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL SEASON

59 minutes ago, Djohnson said:

They can keep kids away from each other in school a lot better than they can swapping sweat on each tackle.  Or a stadium full of fans not following rules. Kids need to learn online or in class. Football can wait till this covid crap is over. You will see in two weeks. 

Yet another horrendously bad take! What proof is there that temporary physical contact affects anything?! That is such a lazy, illogical comment. Sadly, many people out there actually believe this, which is a massive myth. The proof is that it takes 10 to 15 minutes of prolonged activity with someone to transfer this virus. Secondly, your comment about "a stadium full of fans" is ridiculous and pure propaganda. The TSSAA has already announced 1/3 or 1/4 of the total stadium capacity at each school, so this is an outright lie and an obvious attempt to stir the pot even more. Not that you care about the facts or truth at all...one can simply read through all your nonsensical, nonstop, fear and panic posts.

7 minutes ago, sportsguy22 said:

Yet another horrendously bad take! What proof is there that temporary physical contact affects anything?! That is such a lazy, illogical comment. Sadly, many people out there actually believe this, which is a massive myth. The proof is that it takes 10 to 15 minutes of prolonged activity with someone to transfer this virus. Secondly, your comment about "a stadium full of fans" is ridiculous and pure propaganda. The TSSAA has already announced 1/3 or 1/4 of the total stadium capacity at each school, so this is an outright lie and an obvious attempt to stir the pot even more. Not that you care about the facts or truth at all...one can simply read through all your nonsensical, nonstop, fear and panic posts.

Why does major universities voting to not have football in the fall of 2020 make you think high schools will still play. You think their decisions will not affect high school admin. Why are these universities deciding not play with all the money to lose? 

Edited by fb247

4 minutes ago, fb247 said:

Why does major universities voting to not have football in the fall of 2020 make you think high schools will still play. You think their decisions will not affect high school admin. Why are these universities deciding not play with all the money to lose? 

Nope it will not affect their decisions for a wide variety of reasons...see Bernard Childress' quote above. The MAC schools, Old Dominion, and UConn all would lose money if they played. Bigtime! With limited to no fans in the stadiums and all their big money games to Power 5 schools gone, they were primed to lose millions! It's a financial decision for these schools more than anything. Obviously, politics is playing a big role, too, in many of these decisions that have taken place or will take place, which is unbelievably sad. All you have to do is look at the leadership (or lack there of) in most of these colleges and universities.

8 minutes ago, fb247 said:

For the P5 programs, that decision is all about liability. That and trying to maintain this facade of "amateur" athletics.

• Upvote 1

Swine flu caused nearly 12,500 deaths in the U.S.

Covid-19 to this point has caused over 160,000 deaths.  

People need to get their scientific facts from science and not from right wing nutjob "news" where "doctor" Phil claimed 400,000 Americans die per year from drowning in swimming pools.

UyDiFwSFPT7F2RREOiK3o3eBC5EaU9YAlyBSjOei

Edited by nrgrizzlies
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, nrgrizzlies said:

People need to get their scientific facts from science and not from right wing nutjob "news" where "doctor" Phil claimed 400,000 Americans die per year from drowning in swimming pools.

FACT: 50 Million got sick from the Swine Flu! 50 Million!! If the numbers are correct with COVID (a big "if"), we have about 6 Million cases and less than a 1% death rate. We have almost 325 Million people in this country and 99.99% of us will not die from COVID. Another FACT. You are more likely to die of a car accident, a drug overdose, an alcohol-related death, heart disease, cancer, or a lightning strike if you are under 80 years of age. Another FACT. Kids are 6 times as likely to die of the flu than this! Quit this fear mongering nonsense! We have to live life and stop this fear/panic campaign. It's ridiculous.

53 minutes ago, sportsguy22 said:
1 hour ago, sportsguy22 said:

Okay, Dr Phill...lol With you crying this much already I hate to see you in two weeks. I really want football to be played but saying it won’t make it happen. I really can’t see high school football playing with all other sports shut down. 

Edited by Djohnson

19 minutes ago, nrgrizzlies said:

According to the CDC over 82,000 died from the flu in 2018. I didn't get that from Fox News. Over 600,000 died from cancer last year, and over 500,000 died from heart disease. I didn't get that from Fox News either. You're also wrong, or misspoke about 160,000 deaths "caused by Covid-19. There have been 160,000 died "with Covid-19" There's a big difference. Not all of those people died because of Covid-19. Thats a scientific fact from science. As for as you saying "right wing nutjob news" there's no such thing. You must be thinking about "left wing nutjob news" You know Russia collusion and all that. For three years. LOL! Or maybe peaceful protest! .....thats a good one. Reporting a peaceful protest while showing footage of burning and looting buildings, throwing rocks and bottles at police. You're drinking the coo laid by the gallons. Good luck trying to make it through the day.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sportsguy22 said:

I'm good then, I can only last about 5 minutes. 

• CoachT locked this topic