COVID-19 2020 HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL SEASON

6 minutes ago, MoonDogRex said:

You should simply stop posting. Every single time, something pops up from your keyboard that is demonstrably wrong, and this case is no exception. In places where there are enforced mask mandates, cases are dropping. 

This is a obviously not true, unless you are disagreeing with all the daily media reports of growing cases in certain places that have the mask mandates. You cannot have it both ways. If you believe that the mask mandates are working everywhere, then you must say that most all the media reports are false then.

8 minutes ago, MoonDogRex said:

And all I had to do was turn the page for a second one. The lingering effects of COVID on symptomatic survivors have been detailed and are anything but "unproven medical speculation".

There are no proven facts concerning this virus and lingering effects. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, THSVikings2004 said:

Maybe I can answer this question.  I work in the medical field and have a background in science.  First,  Sar-CoV-2 is nowhere near 10nm.  That would quite possibly make it the smallest known virus.  Every piece of literature I've read on this subject places the virus larger than the influenza viruses, SARS, and MERS.  Most of them have the size around 125nm.  But all of this is somewhat irrelevant because the virus spreads via air droplets when an individual sneezes, coughes, yells, etc. These droplets are quite larger. They aren't going to penetrate a mask if you're wearing it correctly.   Without a mask, the largest ones drop to the ground due to gravity and the smaller ones evaporate fairly quickly although the virus could still be on a surface for some time.  Although they could still infect someone who is very close to the person who is expelling the droplets.     Molecules from something emitting a smell are quite a bit smaller than viruses, as are oxygen molecules.  If a mask could filter out oxygen it would be pointless to even wear it, impossible to wear it for more than a minute or so depending on an individual's lung capacity.

What about the resent study done at Duke University where they found that wearing a Bandanna style mask actually is worse than no mask at all. They found that it causes the larger Covid droplets to be broken down into smaller droplets. 

13 minutes ago, MoonDogRex said:

And all I had to do was turn the page for a second one. The lingering effects of COVID on symptomatic survivors have been detailed and are anything but "unproven medical speculation".

The "lingering effects"? This just began earlier this year! Nothing can be proven from the effects this quickly. All the "experts" will tell you it takes a lot of time to study. It could be years.

1 hour ago, nrgrizzlies said:

You want to know what else is "fascinating" 

Permanent scarring the lungs from Covid.  Heart damage from Covid.  Blood clots from Covid.

Non-reversible medical issues that will plague people through life.  But, hey, rush them back into crowded hallways and classrooms and locker rooms.  You won't mind paying their medical bills for the next 40 years, right.

On the other hand, football could be played in the spring this one time.  But that would make too much sense. 

So you're down to just making thing up now. lol

10 minutes ago, sportsguy22 said:

The "lingering effects"? This just began earlier this year! Nothing can be proven from the effects this quickly. All the "experts" will tell you it takes a lot of time to study. It could be years.

Almost like global warming  man made climate change. We must act right now to stop effects decades in the future. 

33 minutes ago, MoonDogRex said:

You should simply stop posting. Every single time, something pops up from your keyboard that is demonstrably wrong, and this case is no exception. In places where there are enforced mask mandates, cases are dropping. 

If only we would have known this in April and May we could have had mask mandates in prison instead of releasing the prisoners. If we only knew then what we know now. 

1 minute ago, Salem said:

If only we would have known this in April and May we could have had mask mandates in prison instead of releasing the prisoners. If we only knew then what we know now. 

He's saying we should listen to the "experts" now, but not back then. Sure, makes total sense. By his logic, we would have saved many thousands of people in the nursing homes and elsewhere...if we all would have just wore those darn masks back then. Of course, he didn't tell us all that then and neither did the "experts". He should have stepped up in March, since he had the magic potion. Oh well.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bounder said:

Just a thought I would like to see some true facts on how many people that wore masks got the Cover-19 as opposed to how many people that did not wear a mask got the Cover-19. Pretty simple but awfully hard to come up with.

We wear a mask but my  wife had a liver transplant and her meds cause her to not have a adequate immune system for normal life let alone during this mess!   

WILDCAT PRIDE

Bounder you know all Wildcat and CoachTers like you and are praying for your wife. Sounds like she won't be at the HVA  game. I will message David Clary and see if he will stream the game live.

1 hour ago, Salem said:

There have been two studies coming out of Germany. One examined the hearts of 39 patients who died from Covid and found heart issues. Median age was 85.  All had multiple comorbidities.  No conclusion concerning high school football can be drawn from examining the heart of elderly sick individuals’ hearts. 

The other study took 100 patients who tested positive from Covid and compared their heart tissue to 50 people who did not. The study is worthless unless you compared the hearts before and after the Covid diagnosis. Also, many of the abnormalities in the Covid group overlapped in the control group. Most articles written on the study left that info out. 

...which is why I said I'd definitely like to see more data to support/refute that.

• CoachT locked this topic