COVID-19 2020 HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL SEASON

11 minutes ago, WaCoJaCo said:

I'm pretty sure everybody has lost their mind. 

You mean all these conferences and school districts and state politicians defiantly saying there will be football this fall had people believe them without a doubt?  Never!  Everyone should have seen the writing on the wall when NFHS and TSSAA brought out a set of covid rules that would lead a 0-40 team to a state championship.  

Which Power 5 AD made those comments? Oh wait they were anonymous. It’s shocking someone in the press or on this message board would advocate for not playing football this fall. The closer we get to kickoff the more angst they have. 

https://www.wbtv.com/2020/08/08/power-five-ads-inevitable-college-football-season-will-not-be-played-this-fall/

Edited by Salem
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, formerblazer said:

You mean all these conferences and school districts and state politicians defiantly saying there will be football this fall had people believe them without a doubt?  Never!  Everyone should have seen the writing on the wall when NFHS and TSSAA brought out a set of covid rules that would lead a 0-40 team to a state championship.  

Go Heritage Mountaineers, we be 0-25 right now and be State Champs in 2020 if everyone stays healthy and not even play a game.

306 high school football teams in Tennessee.

Not playing week 1

Shelby County-30 schools

Nashville- 20 schools, including some privates

Clarksville- 7 schools

Does anyone know who else is not playing week #1? Either due to school system policy or covid outbreak.

15 minutes ago, Sidelinehustler said:

I have a bad feeling we are about to be Charlie Brown’d by Lucy. The college cancellations give me that sinking feeling in my stomach. 

Agree.

I have been really impressed with my sons football coaches trying to keep the kids separated. 
Obviously, it’s hard to practice and play football 6 feet apart. I’ll keep my fingers crossed.

• CoachT locked this topic