COVID-19 2020 HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL SEASON

40 minutes ago, Salem said:

Nearly 50 school districts have started school and only 14 confirmed Covid cases are reported. So we have tens of thousands of students, teachers, and staff on campus and only a dozen or so confirmed cases. Two districts have modified their schedules. The test will be if local school leaders and the governor can stand firm on the oncoming media blitz. 

https://www.tennessean.com/story/news/education/2020/08/05/tennessee-school-districts-reported-coronavirus-cases/3296529001/

Just two weeks after the first school districts in Tennessee reopened to students amid the coronavirus pandemic, some are already closing their doors.

Nearly 50 school districts have started the school year as of Wednesday — the majority of them in-person — and at least 14 confirmed COVID-19 cases connected to schools have already been reported.

Two school districts, Coffee County Schools and Blount County Schools, have already closed schools or altered their schedules as a result of exposures to the virus.

I bet we have close to 14 cases in Blount county alone-that includes the murvil and alco systems.

19 minutes ago, osunut2 said:

Hopefully those types of numbers will hold true. I'm curious to see the numbers once schools have been open for a month or so.

I understand your point, but I’m afraid we won’t want to see the numbers after a month.

How long must schools stay open to receive the fed $$?

1 hour ago, BarneySox2007 said:

It's those The Dollar General's I'm telling you. Their all over those rural areas like fleas on a dog full of people getting the most for their ten bucks but their getting more than they think.

There's a Dollar General across the street from Sullivan North. So there you go.

1 hour ago, Salem said:

Nearly 50 school districts have started school and only 14 confirmed Covid cases are reported. So we have tens of thousands of students, teachers, and staff on campus and only a dozen or so confirmed cases. Two districts have modified their schedules. The test will be if local school leaders and the governor can stand firm on the oncoming media blitz. 

https://www.tennessean.com/story/news/education/2020/08/05/tennessee-school-districts-reported-coronavirus-cases/3296529001/

Just two weeks after the first school districts in Tennessee reopened to students amid the coronavirus pandemic, some are already closing their doors.

Nearly 50 school districts have started the school year as of Wednesday — the majority of them in-person — and at least 14 confirmed COVID-19 cases connected to schools have already been reported.

Two school districts, Coffee County Schools and Blount County Schools, have already closed schools or altered their schedules as a result of exposures to the virus.

I think two or three weeks is the time to watch. But this is wonderful News!

2 hours ago, strongx said:

I bet we have close to 14 cases in Blount county alone-that includes the murvil and alco systems.

We simply have to quit this total cases panic. It does not matter whatsoever. Who is really sick or dead? Most kids are mildly sick or asymptomatic. The total cases numbers game is pure insanity and lacks any depth of thought or knowledge.

1 hour ago, sportsguy22 said:

We simply have to quit this total cases panic. It does not matter whatsoever. Who is really sick or dead? Most kids are mildly sick or asymptomatic. The total cases numbers game is pure insanity and lacks any depth of thought or knowledge.

I'm beginning to think that we should have tested every school aged kid before we went back. At least all this talk about how many "new cases" because of school would be mute. Everyone with any forethought saw this coming... all you need is one temp check/test/positive result to trigger an avalanche of testing and more positive results, none of which would have been done out of school, and possibly none of which were transmitted from student to student on campus.

4 minutes ago, tradertwo said:

I'm beginning to think that we should have tested every school aged kid before we went back. At least all this talk about how many "new cases" because of school would be mute. Everyone with any forethought saw this coming... all you need is one temp check/test/positive result to trigger an avalanche of testing and more positive results, none of which would have been done out of school, and possibly none of which were transmitted from student to student on campus.

I hear ya. However, ok so everyone gets a negative (some could be a false negative) test in order to begin. But that brings us back to Square One...from that point, anyone could catch it out and about anywhere. They could have symptoms and test positive or they could have a false positive, prompting some to wrongly panic. Or some could be asymptomatic and nobody knows about it. So, how often does everyone get tested and are the tests legit? We could go in circles forever. If they are sick, get tested. If they then are positive, quarantine for whatever is recommended. Everyone else live life. If parents don’t want them in school or if teachers don’t want to teach, stay home. That’s the only way to handle it. And no panic! There is simply no reason to do so.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, strongx said:

Hey Willie, I was kidding. I don’t smoke, but my ugliness is just as reprehensible! We are on the same side. For that matter, I hope we all are on the side of keeping people safe and trying to play football.

Thank you very much. I have a huge amount of respect for you after your classy post. You are 100% right that we want people to be safe and that the kids get a chance to play a season of football.

Best of luck to your team!

54 minutes ago, sportsguy22 said:

I hear ya. However, ok so everyone gets a negative (some could be a false negative) test in order to begin. But that brings us back to Square One...from that point, anyone could catch it out and about anywhere. They could have symptoms and test positive or they could have a false positive, prompting some to wrongly panic. Or some could be asymptomatic and nobody knows about it. So, how often does everyone get tested and are the tests legit? We could go in circles forever. If they are sick, get tested. If they then are positive, quarantine for whatever is recommended. Everyone else live life. If parents don’t want them in school or if teachers don’t want to teach, stay home. That’s the only way to handle it. And no panic! There is simply no reason to do so.

The statement above is the only way this thing gets put in the rear view mirror. The only thing I'd add is that people need to assess their own situation and act accordingly.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, tradertwo said:

The statement above is the only way this thing gets put in the rear view mirror. The only thing I'd add is that people need to assess their own situation and act accordingly.

That’s it. Everyone needs to take their own responsibility with this. People have always done that with anything in life. Why now has it changed?  I am High risk and I take Responsibility for my own protection. But guess what my son is playing football this year. I am Not going to hold him back because I dont Want to protect myself. It is not his job to stay in a bubble because I MAY get the COVID. if parents are worried they can keep Johnny at home and watch the games on video. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, tradertwo said:

Sports will be a dumpster fire as long as the freak out continues. One person gets it and whole teams are quarantining. Lot of folks need to to read Psalms 91 early and often. People need to really get right with the good Lord if they are this scared and fearful.

Edited by pioneer42
  • Like 2

• CoachT locked this topic