Petition to Remove Rebel Mascot at MHS ?

jrlcm

13 minutes ago, rebelwoman87 said:

What about us Jethrines? I’m a proud Red Rebel.  Don’t leave us ladies out. I know Big Gal is very proud of “back when” she was a Red Rebel. 

My apologies, I under estimated how much "pride" the female Rebs have for their Rebel name.

"Heritage not Hatred"......right?  

4 minutes ago, HTV said:

Interesting that it's always somebody from somewhere else who think they know what's best for a place they aren't from or have no ties or interest to.  

This isn't even a good attempt of a deflection.  If someone is being abused at your neighbors house would you intervene even though that's not your home?   Of course you would.

You are attacking the messenger but ignoring the message.

When Maryville wins a state championship it represents the state.  How typical and cliche is it that a team from TN is named after what most people associate with being racists.  If you want to keep cliche names like rebels, why not change to Maryville Overalls, Maryville Corn Cob Pipes, or Maryville Moonshine?  

5 minutes ago, TeeterTot2 said:

This isn't even a good attempt of a deflection.  If someone is being abused at your neighbors house would you intervene even though that's not your home?   Of course you would.

When Maryville wins a state championship it represents the state.  How typical and cliche is it that a team from TN is named after what most people associate with being racists.  If you want to keep cliche names like rebels, why not change to Maryville Overalls, Maryville Corn Cob Pipes, or Maryville Moonshine?  

So, exactly who is being abused?  

And again, you either have no knowledge of or are just ignoring what the "Red Rebels" name represents to Maryville.  There is more than one definition of the word rebel.  

3 minutes ago, TeeterTot2 said:

I bet your the guy that got Aunt Jemima and Uncle Ben fired.

6 minutes ago, TeeterTot2 said:

So when did Franklin become neighbors with Maryville?  Horrible example and actually proves more of HTV's Point of "Interesting that it's always somebody from somewhere else who think they know what's best for a place they aren't from or have no ties or interest to. Go back and do some research of why Maryville is called the Red Rebels

Should my home team named the Greene Devils change their name too because some people associate it with Satan?  

33 minutes ago, Swipes said:

So when did Franklin become neighbors with Maryville?  Horrible example and actually proves more of HTV's Point of "Interesting that it's always somebody from somewhere else who think they know what's best for a place they aren't from or have no ties or interest to. Go back and do some research of why Maryville is called the Red Rebels

Should my home team named the Greene Devils change their name too because some people associate it with Satan?  

My coach at Greeneville once told dad there was a problem with me.My dad ask what coach ? Coach then told dad I was one of the nicest young men he had met "Until " ,  I put on the helmet.He was afraid I was going to kill one of my teammates before the season ever started.So maybe there is something to do with the Devil name,haha

Edited by BatmanLives