Petition to Remove Rebel Mascot at MHS ?

jrlcm

1 hour ago, jimmycrackedthatcorn said:

They can call them the Maryville Football Team until they decide. Just like Washington did in the NFL.

Mr. Corn I think they might want to wait on that. Being that William Blount (Blount County named after him) and his wife Mary Grainger Blount (Maryville named after her) were both slave owners 200+ years ago, I think they should wait for the county and city's names to be changed before making a choice.

31 minutes ago, MarevulBigGal said:

Mr. Corn I think they might want to wait on that. Being that William Blount (Blount County named after him) and his wife Mary Grainger Blount (Maryville named after her) were both slave owners 200+ years ago, I think they should wait for the county and city's names to be changed before making a choice.

Pull in the reins. It was a joke.

On 7/24/2020 at 3:47 PM, strongx said:

All good points. I do think our local hospital lost $$ when they had to cancel elective surgeries due to covid scare. So I think when it comes to $$, they do a little better with routine business.

That is assuming that they get paid for all their normal business, but they don't. Many people straight up can't afford to pay their medical bills, and a lot of hospitals have had financial problems as a result. So now when they (hospitals) have a way to get more money, it's, "His parachute didn't open? He obviously died from Covid-19."

Edited by FightOnForWilliamBlount91

Franklin High School has voted to change their name from the Rebels.  The committee was put together quickly and a decision was made quickly, this is an example of good leadership.  

Where is Maryville's committee in making a decision?  Do they still claim they need 6-12 months to "make a decision" or have they admitted they are just waiting for this to blow over so they don't upset the Jethro's and Bubba's who start all their stories with "back when I played for the Rebs......."?

https://www.tennessean.com/story/news/2020/07/28/franklin-high-school-committee-recommends-changing-rebel-mascot/5532860002/

52 minutes ago, TeeterTot2 said:

Franklin High School has voted to change their name from the Rebels.  The committee was put together quickly and a decision was made quickly, this is an example of good leadership.  

Where is Maryville's committee in making a decision?  Do they still claim they need 6-12 months to "make a decision" or have they admitted they are just waiting for this to blow over so they don't upset the Jethro's and Bubba's who start all their stories with "back when I played for the Rebs......."?

https://www.tennessean.com/story/news/2020/07/28/franklin-high-school-committee-recommends-changing-rebel-mascot/5532860002/

What if the, or a committee decides that it's not necessary to make the change. Will they have exhibited "good leadership" in your opinion? 

Also, is their a reason for the name calling? 

Edited by MLREB

1 hour ago, TeeterTot2 said:

What about us Jethrines? I’m a proud Red Rebel.  Don’t leave us ladies out. I know Big Gal is very proud of “back when” she was a Red Rebel. 

You have a chip on your shoulder or something. Will you please show us a picture of it, I've always wanted to see one but never knew how to ask.

Interesting that it's always somebody from somewhere else who think they know what's best for a place they aren't from or have no ties or interest to.