Carter County football shut down for 2 weeks

Tab

35 minutes ago, RodgerDodger32 said:

Any news on Carter county? 

Y no...Had a workshop today with a special called meeting Monday if the gov signs the immunity deal. 

But apparently Johnson City,  Kingsport,  Bristol isn't shaking in their shoes worried about a lawsuit! They're playing Friday night. Blows my mind. 

Too many people talking out both sides of their mouths. Parents, teachers, coaches,  players and fans: If the virus terrifies you so much, STAY HOME and away from me, my family, everyone else and don't act like you want kids to play sports! Cause likely you'll get it at some point and I don't want to hear you whine and fuss and threaten! 

Edited by uknoit2
  • Like 2

And now, "we need to survey the teachers and see what they think,  see how they prefer to teach, not just leave it up to one group of people (the parents)".  Question: Shouldn't this have been addressed LOOOOONG before now? I'm interested to see how much power the employee has over the employer (aka tax payers). 

22 minutes ago, uknoit2 said:

And now, "we need to survey the teachers and see what they think,  see how they prefer to teach, not just leave it up to one group of people (the parents)".  Question: Shouldn't this have been addressed LOOOOONG before now? I'm interested to see how much power the employee has over the employer (aka tax payers). 

Y’all need to fire that bunch come election time. 

7 minutes ago, crow said:

How did those members vote when this came up last time?

I'm not sure the desires of the parents and kids entered all their minds in the last meeting.  Some "passed" the first time around then voted majority after they saw the intent of others.  You know, that way they don't vote against another member...just in case they need their vote later on...shewwww 

Listen, I've been so slammed with work I haven't had my nose in this like the last 10+ years. That and a long time friend retired as the director of schools here this year. So, I had stepped back a bit before all this crap went down. 

1 minute ago, uknoit2 said:

I'm not sure the desires of the parents and kids entered all their minds in the last meeting.  Some "passed" the first time around then voted majority after they saw the intent of others.  You know, that way they don't vote against another member...just in case they need their vote later on...shewwww 

Listen, I've been so slammed with work I haven't had my nose in this like the last 10+ years. That and a long time friend retired as the director of schools here this year. So, I had stepped back a bit before all this crap went down. 

Passing a vote is the same as a yes. Any board members voting yes or passing needs shown the door as they obviously do not understand the values and wishes of the folks they work for. It’d be different if the community was in favor of a delay or if there was an outbreak in the county.