EAST ROBERTSON AT FORREST

GeneralForrest

16 hours ago, Salem said:

I didn’t watch a film. I sat up in the stands and watched the game. That’s why I used the IMO.  We are not very good or athletic this year. We may not be a top 20 2A team at year’s end. A legit SEC player would have had a stat padding night. 

#3 ran downhill 3-4 times and tackled the ball carrier. #2 from FHS did the same thing. He’s 140 pound sophomore safety who’s not D1.

#3 was matched up for most of the game with #11 from Forrest. He’s a 140 pound sophomore CB. He defended 3 passes and intercepted another pass. He gave up one reception in the game on 7-8 passes. He’s not D1 much less SEC.

Forrest QB looked off D1 three times and completed the game winning TD right in the middle of the field. 

I didn’t watch any film of Watertown either. I sat in the stands and personally watched some of their skill guys in 2015-2018. I also sat in the stands a few years ago and watched several of Donta Hightower’s games. There’s no doubt what a D1 player looks like in a small school TN high school game. 

Great points,I did watch you fellas game online,no one player stood out,Forrest In no way claims to have D 1 talent,so this baller should have been everywhere on every stat line,Ballers ball @Salem not trying to take over this thread with peabody talk but loom at second half of 2A GoldBall game ,Dickson was a man among boys right? I didn't see that talent level from this SEC oe D1 guy,solid ball player but a bit hyped,or am I wrong??Oh and Dickson only went to Army as a linebacker not even a running back.

Edited by PeabodyPride

16 minutes ago, GeneralForrest said:

In the film version Kirby throws a pick six to groves who runs the entire 100 yds in 8 seconds.  

I never saw that. And I was right there. Wow, had no idea what I was missing by sitting in the stands! I will try to get a better seat next game. Did we still win the game? I’m gonna have to go back and watch all of last seasons games now. No Telling what I missed . :roflol:

18 minutes ago, PeabodyPride said:

Great points,I did watch you fellas game online,no one player stood out,Forrest In no way claims to have D 1 talent,so this baller should have been everywhere on every stat line,Ballers ball @Salem not trying to take over this thread with peabody talk but loom at second half of 2A GoldBall game ,Dickson was a man among boys right? I didn't see that talent level from this SEC oe D1 guy,solid ball player but a bit hyped,or am I wrong??Oh and Dickson only went to Army as a linebacker not even a running back.

#3 is not a slouch but when I read he has 8 SEC offers and Ed Orgeron is personally calling him I expected him to score 4-5 TDS. I bet he had Negative rushing yards and 2-3 receptions for Less than 30 yards. Defensively he made a few tackles but our sophomore safety was just as active. 

I’ve seen several Skill guys over the years who were outstanding high school players who got zero big time college interest. The Peabody receiver Thursday night was awesome. I would bet Milan is much better than Forrest this season. And yes, Dickson took over the championship game last season for the last 2.5 quarters. Ironically, the last D1 that played against Forrest from Huntland did absolutely nothing in our games. I don’t understand college recruiting at times. Watertown had a guy who could do anything on the field and he had to go to Tn Tech. 

9 minutes ago, Salem said:

I never saw that. And I was right there. Wow, had no idea what I was missing by sitting in the stands! I will try to get a better seat next game. Did we still win the game? I’m gonna have to go back and watch all of last seasons games now. No Telling what I missed . :roflol:

Lol if you go back and watch film you’d realize just how much you actually do miss during a game.  

1 minute ago, Salem said:

#3 is not a slouch but when I read he has 8 SEC offers and Ed Orgeron is personally calling him I expected him to score 4-5 TDS. I bet he had Negative rushing yards and 2-3 receptions for Less than 30 yards. Defensively he made a few tackles but our sophomore safety was just as active. 

I’ve seen several Skill guys over the years who were outstanding high school players who got zero big time college interest. The Peabody receiver Thursday night was awesome. I would bet Milan is much better than Forrest this season. And yes, Dickson took over the championship game last season for the last 2.5 quarters. Ironically, the last D1 that played against Forrest from Huntland did absolutely nothing in our games. I don’t understand college recruiting at times. Watertown had a guy who could do anything on the field and he had to go to Tn Tech. 

Because D1 colleges don’t necessarily recruit kids based on their production or stats.  They recruit body types and athletic ability.  Groves is well over 6 foot, long arms, athletic, can jump, and got clocked running a 4.38 (or close to that) at some camp.  They don’t really care what his stats say, they’ll coach him up to do what they want him to do.  

15 hours ago, Salem said:

its all about potential. not on field accomplishment. heath price was ridiculous. the huntland kid quit twice against forrest. groves did less than the rivera kid from community. i totally agree with this post.  

18 hours ago, Salem said:

I think you are talking about Malik ganaway his brother Khalik is the running back. We also have the kee brothers. all 4 of those guys are going to give teams headaches over the next 4 years and of course driggers our qb. 

Burkett Vaughn and Allen and Baskerville are probably my our 4 best defensive players. Burkett is a sophomore. he started in the championship game as a freshman.  Baskerville is one of our defensive ends. He is fast and mean maybe our best defensive player. 

43 minutes ago, GeneralForrest said:

Watching some replay- Forrest played very hard, but they are fortunate that ER's coaching staff is incompetent. Imagine having Groves be the 3rd or 4th most used offensive player. It's "Dewey defeats Truman" stupid.  

I need to watch some film to get some CoachT cred. Is the livestream available for free now or is it still $7 to watch? One thing our film guru can't notice is that  after #3 missed the long pass on 1st down in the 1st quarter he took a breather and wasn't on the field on 2nd or 3rd down. Body language throughout the game showed frustration as well. 

The bottom line is we play hard and will hit but we are not very athletic or fast in the junior or senior class.

#3 should've had 2 -80 yard TD receptions (he missed one off his fingertips and he lined up wrong and caused the penalty on the other). And we gave ER a 1st and goal from the 8 on a botched punt. Very lucky to not take a L last Friday. A dozen high and mishandled shotgun snaps stopped their offense more than our defense did. 

Edited by Salem

1 hour ago, GangTackle said:

Suprised he hasn't tried to come there. Much better exposure and talent. No hate on ER it's just a better program. 

I think that says more about him that he’s stayed and is trying to make something at his own school instead running off somewhere else.  Not that I would hate on him for going somewhere else, that’s up to him.  But he’s played for East his whole life and I think it’s cool that he’s decided to stay.  It obviously hasn’t affected his college opportunities that much.  

3 hours ago, GangTackle said:

Suprised he hasn't tried to come there. Much better exposure and talent. No hate on ER it's just a better program. 

Imagine if we had Groves on one side and Kelly the other.  Plus they could block for each other on the jet. They would give Hudson some nice options   I admire Groves for staying at ER though 

• Upvote 1