Westview vs McNairy Co

GOCHARGERS

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was surprised to find that McNairy is ranked higher than Westview in the power rankings. I'm not sure if that's accurate. But, based on how McNairy has played Covington the last couple of years, I would not be surprised to see them beat Westview. And, McNairy has home field advantage. I'll take them over Westview by 7.

Edited by CHARGERFAN

Don’t know how this one shakes out. McNairy 0-2 Westview 2-0 but the competition we’ve played lot tougher. Hardin county and Peabody really good football teams. Our special teams really hurt us against the tide. 3 blocked punts. Give up touchdown on kickoff. But I do believe we can move the ball better on Westview’s defense than our first two games. But if we give up 40pts again we lose again. Pretty simple! 

I’m taking the Chargers as well. McNairy has no shot if Westview scores into the 28 range. I do agree that McNairy has played tougher competition so far, but you can’t stop an offense that’s rolling like Westview. So far McNairy’s defense isn’t doing a stellar job either, regardless of them playing Hardin County and Peabody.

26 minutes ago, TryNotToSuck said:

I’m taking the Chargers as well. McNairy has no shot if Westview scores into the 28 range. I do agree that McNairy has played tougher competition so far, but you can’t stop an offense that’s rolling like Westview. So far McNairy’s defense isn’t doing a stellar job either, regardless of them playing Hardin County and Peabody.

"you can’t stop an offense that’s rolling like Westview."

You know, last year Westview rolled into Covington averaging over 50 points a game. As I recall, they only scored 7 in that contest and had a hard time doing that. So, to say you can't stop their offense is kind of a stretch. I'm not gonna tell you that this year's McNairy D can do what Covington did, but they played pretty well in spots against us last year.

And, if my memory serves me right, Covington put up something North of 50 on Westview's defense. 

3 hours ago, TryNotToSuck said:

There was a game where Westview scored 50+ last year and still lost cause they gave up 70. 28 isn’t nearly enough. 

Well, the new power rankings are out and the two teams have flip-flopped this week. Westview is at 117 and McNairy is 111. The difference is 6, but home field advantage for McNairy cuts the point spread to 3.

As I recall, McNairy had a pretty good junior QB last year when we played them. If I'm correct, he's a senior now and I'm still going to pick them over Westview.

9 minutes ago, CHARGERFAN said:

Well, the new power rankings are out and the two teams have flip-flopped this week. Westview is at 117 and McNairy is 111. The difference is 6, but home field advantage for McNairy cuts the point spread to 3.

As I recall, McNairy had a pretty good junior QB last year when we played them. If I'm correct, he's a senior now and I'm still going to pick them over Westview.

No QB graduated last year. Starting a sophomore at the position. We only returned 4 starters I think on offense.