Region 5AA 2020

ddaddy

On 10/18/2020 at 5:56 PM, ddaddy said:

*(6-2 4-0) Forrest host Cascade before the regional championship game at Lewis Co. Forrest has made a season out of winning ugly with a stingy defense and that continued last Friday night as they shutout a bad Community team 33-0. Excluding that game Forrest has managed to win by less than a 2 TD margin or an average of 8.5 points. Defense wins games and that is what will happen this Friday against Cascade.

If Forrest were to win, the above synopsis is sound, DD. I just don't think they will score more than 1 TD. This is a back up QB and not Community. We had 5 points at half last week. Maybe if we get a safety or a defensive touchdown or two, pick 6, etc.

Cascade played our GOOD team physical last year and we had a crazy screen pass go for a TD last play first half to go up 10-0 in a monsoon. Then the wheels fell off Cascade. This year they will be ready and we just aren't playing grit n grind Rocket football right now.   

2 minutes ago, GeneralForrest said:

If Forrest were to win, the above synopsis is sound, DD. I just don't think they will score more than 1 TD. This is a back up QB and not Community. We had 5 points at half last week. Maybe if we get a safety or a defensive touchdown or two, pick 6, etc.

Cascade played our GOOD team physical last year and we had a crazy screen pass go for a TD last play first half to go up 10-0 in a monsoon. Then the wheels fell off Cascade. This year they will be ready and we just aren't playing grit n grind Rocket football right now.   

Yeah, I went to last year’s game. That game was indeed a muddy mess and y’all had players out or limited. Trying to get at full strength for the championship game the next week.  Not having your starting QB is a setback for sure. The good thing about the wing-t Is if the QB can ball fake and have no turnovers the offense can be effective. I’m still not drinking the kool-Aid yet General.

6 hours ago, GeneralForrest said:

The Cascade koolaid? lol 

The thing about me is I don't make excuses and I give credit where credit is due. Forrest IS the defending champ fair and square and until they are beat they are the champs. In my mind for Forrest to get beat by Cascade that would be too much of a drop off for the champs. With the QB out I can believe that the game will be close, but Forrest should win by 2 TDs. Come on General and get on board  and we will have a slugfest the last week. :D 

3 hours ago, ddaddy said:

The thing about me is I don't make excuses and I give credit where credit is due. Forrest IS the defending champ fair and square and until they are beat they are the champs. In my mind for Forrest to get beat by Cascade that would be too much of a drop off for the champs. With the QB out I can believe that the game will be close, but Forrest should win by 2 TDs. Come on General and get on board  and we will have a slugfest the last week. :D 

We’re firmly grounded in the state of reality over here. We know what we have both good and bad. Your 2020 bunch looks very similar to the last three versions we’ve seen based on what video clips are out there. Our 2020 group is no where near as talented as the 2019 version.  You’re 3TDs better unless LC has a complete meltdown. 

On 10/20/2020 at 6:26 PM, ddaddy said:

I'm not sure Forrest will SCORE 2 TDs in the next 2 games COMBINED. 

58 minutes ago, Sweathog55 said:

General,

Do you foresee Eli being replaced if Forrest doesn't make a run this season?

One can only hope. Hes out of his depth. inherited the most talented team in history for 2 years and went 17-7 with them. Had 3 embarrassing blowouts in 18 to Lewis, Columbia Academy, and Watertown where he had no idea what he was doing and not one single person associated with Forrest was ready. 

The BGA loss in 18 was a scheduling mistake that he had to fulfill that should never have happened. 

Riverside playoff elimination game in 2019, for all the issues with the referees, Eli went to #3 on a couple of runs on the final drive where it was obvious he wasn't the solution. The solution was #6 McClendon as long as he is breathing. The last run which was either a first down, or a millimeter away, wouldve been a non issue if that drive were managed more properly. 

This same staff let McClendon sit the bench and also not get carries in competitive games, seemingly out of some sort of spite. Maybe @Salem can give his thoughts. 

The problem is obviously, who do you get, and how do you get them to stay. Coleman (1 year HC) and Kriesky (1 yrs DC, 2 yrs HC) left for 5A dollars.