TC at Gordonsville

tcjacket13

18 hours ago, croz6110 said:

From what I've seen on film, I feel like TC has the pieces,  but only came close to putting them together properly against White House.

Regardless of what is said here, Gville will have to play mistake free and tough to win, but I like our chances. 

I feel like our defense will be fine, but we definitely will have to do better on offense that what I've seen thus far.

Yes! Watertown guys feeling they are 3-4TDs better is delusional. We are just making too many mistakes right now, I too think we have the pieces.

17 hours ago, ControlTheTrenches said:

Question for those in the know...was TC that bad up front against H2O?  Or, did H2O just take control up front?  

Hard to tell they bear crawled and dove at our guys legs all night! Which isn’t a illegal but size wise I don’t think they thought they could go toe to toe with our o-line, H2O o-line was better than film showed, I had the trenches at a draw, H2O LBs are very good and helped slow down our offense. 

Edited by TCRadio

13 hours ago, RTD said:

You have said this how many times now? But TC is more banged up now than before the H2O game but I think Gordy will get a lot of #5 if he is healthy enough to play offense.

#5 may be put up for region games only, which is unfortunate because I think he has Mr. Football capability, he had hardest hit of game Friday night 

I’m still getting caught up after I was away for a year but this one looks to be a good one. I do have a couple questions.  Isn’t Trousdale senior loaded? A few years ago I thought this would be their year. what’s going on in Hartsville? Looking at scores they haven’t scored much at all. 

Isn’t this suppose to be a rebuilding year for Gordonsville? At our quarterfinal game last season they started a bunch of senior linemen, but had some young athletes. They seem to be a year ahead of schedule. 

7 hours ago, TCRadio said:

#5 may be put up for region games only, which is unfortunate because I think he has Mr. Football capability, he had hardest hit of game Friday night 

That's a shame I hope that wouldn't cause him to use this D1 offers. But It's better to have him for the playoff run. The type of injury he has doesn't really go away until he can rest and do nothing. at all.

7 hours ago, TheAmbassador said:

I’m still getting caught up after I was away for a year but this one looks to be a good one. I do have a couple questions.  Isn’t Trousdale senior loaded? A few years ago I thought this would be their year. what’s going on in Hartsville? Looking at scores they haven’t scored much at all. 

Isn’t this suppose to be a rebuilding year for Gordonsville? At our quarterfinal game last season they started a bunch of senior linemen, but had some young athletes. They seem to be a year ahead of schedule. 

I agree with you about TC. Thus far they have been an anomaly compared to expectations.

As far as Gville goes, we've had some transfers that help. One lineman on each side of the ball, an outside LB, and a RB. The RB was here last year, but didn't play.

One thing alot of peoe forget is Gville had 24 kids miss time last year, and we had to start a dozen freshmen at different times last year. Those kids are sophomores now and many of them start, so they have more experience than a typical 1st year starter.

I actually think TC and Gville are more evenly matched than most think. 

We both played similar games against Watertown in that we gave yards but not much points, and we didn't do much on offense.

This game will come down to the wire, imo. The best coaching decisions late will probably win the game, unless mistakes overcome them.

1 hour ago, RTD said:

That's a shame I hope that wouldn't cause him to use this D1 offers. But It's better to have him for the playoff run. The type of injury he has doesn't really go away until he can rest and do nothing. at all.

I don’t think it will cost him scholarship, and I think he will be ok in a few weeks 

20 minutes ago, croz6110 said:

I actually think TC and Gville are more evenly matched than most think. 

We both played similar games against Watertown in that we gave yards but not much points, and we didn't do much on offense.

This game will come down to the wire, imo. The best coaching decisions late will probably win the game, unless mistakes overcome them.

I believe you are even. If #5 was healthy I might  give the edge to tc.