ALCOA vs MARYVILLE

BCsportsfan

No doubt Alcoa is loaded with some great athletes and one of the best group of future college prospects I've ever seen. I saw that during the Blackman game. I knew that game last night could go either way and after that Cleveland game last week I felt if Alcoa jumped us early they would win this one. They did just that. That fourth down call was the game changer in my opinion. I think that gave Maryville the motivation it needed and finally a light clicked on and they started to play. Things I was impressed with last night along with the defense was the great punting job by both teams. When Anderson kicked that long one and put Maryville in a hole at the end of the game my gut told me we just got set up and that's how we will lose this in the end. Then we punt and return the favor with a nice long roll punt also which I give a lot of credit putting Alcoa back on their side of the field. Had it not been for that Alcoa might have had a better chance and not been under so much pressure. That was a great game to see no matter who you were for last night. My only concern was who the kid for Alcoa was that got hurt and what happened and hope he will be okay.

59 minutes ago, BarneySox2007 said:

No doubt Alcoa is loaded with some great athletes and one of the best group of future college prospects I've ever seen. I saw that during the Blackman game. I knew that game last night could go either way and after that Cleveland game last week I felt if Alcoa jumped us early they would win this one. They did just that. That fourth down call was the game changer in my opinion. I think that gave Maryville the motivation it needed and finally a light clicked on and they started to play. Things I was impressed with last night along with the defense was the great punting job by both teams. When Anderson kicked that long one and put Maryville in a hole at the end of the game my gut told me we just got set up and that's how we will lose this in the end. Then we punt and return the favor with a nice long roll punt also which I give a lot of credit putting Alcoa back on their side of the field. Had it not been for that Alcoa might have had a better chance and not been under so much pressure. That was a great game to see no matter who you were for last night. My only concern was who the kid for Alcoa was that got hurt and what happened and hope he will be okay.

He was released from the hospital, CTscan was clear. He’s just in some pain. Sees his doctor next week.  Sounds like a stinger. Thank The Lord. 

• Like 1

Well shucks it sounds like this old geezer missed out on a dandy. Was seriously thinking about going to the game but had my heart set on Tennessee's oldest rivalry game. I must say every time I've visited either Alcoa or Maryville the atmosphere, food, fans, and game was top notch. Glad to hear the young blood that took that shot is going to be ok. Good luck to both teams on the rest of the year. I enjoy keeping up with both programs. The consistency both programs have had is for over a decade is something special. :thumb: