How good is DB?

timcraw

Enjoyed watching that game with Alcoa tonight at that stadium ... brought back memories  ...played there in 1974 .. 1st round of AAA highest class back then .. DB had good team .. seeing about 7,000 people there it was experience.. DB ran 85 players out if dressing room to our 35  .. Falcons  came away with a 20-17 win on the way to a state championship berth .. place was rocking  .. it was standing room around fence  .. i remember getting a few choice words after catching a TD and getting rolled up under fence .. so yea it was nice to watch that game tonight.. nothing like high school football  ..

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Tadvols said:

Enjoyed watching that game with Alcoa tonight at that stadium ... brought back memories  ...played there in 1974 .. 1st round of AAA highest class back then .. DB had good team .. seeing about 7,000 people there it was experience.. DB ran 85 players out if dressing room to our 35  .. Falcons  came away with a 20-17 win on the way to a state championship berth .. place was rocking  .. it was standing room around fence  .. i remember getting a few choice words after catching a TD and getting rolled up under fence .. so yea it was nice to watch that game tonight.. nothing like high school football  ..

Who did you play for?

1 hour ago, blazer1set said:

DB has a good offense, they may can outscore the other guy enough to get to the doomsday Maryville round

Id take them over Ooltewah, but i dont like their chances as much against Cleveland though its possible they win that one too

Theyd lose to McMinn County and Bradley Central for sure

and they have no chance in hades against Maryville

I just dont see them getting by the 2nd round

they have never done well in the playoffs

On 9/10/2020 at 9:36 PM, WaCoJaCo said:

People in Maryville can't even spell "Down Year". This is the best coaching staff top to bottom that DB has ever had in my opinion. But they have to shore up the coaching in the little leagues to get rid of all those silly mistakes. It's to late to coach bad habbits out of a player when he gets up to varsity. As for Clark being a legend, I don't know, maybe a legend at telling Mayberry jokes. Darrell Watson was the legend. Don't believe me. Look up the record with Watson and without Watson. 

One of the "other" best coaches , to not continue coaching in Kingsport is B. Church (one of the best D backs coach out there ) - Just don't think Clark and Him ever jived on the field (my opinion )

5 hours ago, chrisburr said:

Id take them over Ooltewah, but i dont like their chances as much against Cleveland though its possible they win that one too

Theyd lose to McMinn County and Bradley Central for sure

and they have no chance in hades against Maryville

I just dont see them getting by the 2nd round

they have never done well in the playoffs

I feel like mcminn vs db would be a good game just because mcminn is run dominate. We can stop the run pretty well. They start putting the ball in the air then we are done. Regardless who it is...

31 minutes ago, Indian2424 said:

3 years of recent memory science hill has done this, beat us and then lose to a team we blew out and hand us the region. I still cant believe 2 years ago that awful Jeff county team science hill 

That is amazing ... you guys beat Bearden 40-7 then Bearden beats Science Hill 27-7 ... hard to figure . 

Seems like they focused so hard on us and then looked ahead to the playoffs and didn't take bearden seriously, didn't watch the game though so I have NO idea how bearden beat them, I'm sure it was undisciplined football with TOs. We are talking about a Stacy Carter Science Hill team, but yet 8 out of 9 years we have lost to them because we do the same sh**