How good is DB?

timcraw

16 hours ago, WaCoJaCo said:

I don't think at this point this team is the best I've seen at DB. Right now I wouldn't put them in the top five. For a mostly senior team they make a lot of silly mistakes. Looks like the players are taking a lot of plays off during the game. I think more mentally than physically. They don't have that super star, or go to player that can win you a ball game when the chips are down. I'll say a Adonis Johnson type player. They have 3 running backs that are pretty darn good but I'm not seeing any breakaway speed in those three. Probably the best thing we could do to help the team is stop talking abot Alcoa and Maryville and concentrate on the next team up. 

Very Wise Words WaCo ! Try saying that 5 times really fast ! LOL ... Very Wise Words WaCo ! Very Wise Words WaCo ! Etc ...... LOL

I have been to all three games thus far.  I definitely think this D-B team is good to great.  They should be 9-0 going into the Alcoa game.  Road games at Farragut and Science Hill worry me some.  Farragut is currently #8 in the TSSAA 6A poll.  They play Oak Ridge tomorrow night and we should have an idea how we stack up with the Admirals after getting a comparison tomorrow night when Farragut and the Wildcats hook it up.  

Science Hill is Science Hill.  It's a rivalry game.  Throw the records out the window.  The last two years, the team that looked the best on paper didn't win the contest.  In 2018, D-B won on the road against the Hilltoppers and didn't even make the playoffs.  Last year, Science Hill won and gave the Tribe it's only conference setback.

As for the playoffs, you can't even begin to think Cookeville until you get past the Red Rebels.  You can't even think about Maryville until you get past one or two other playoff games.  One week at a time.

1 hour ago, SWVAHavokFan said:

I have been to all three games thus far.  I definitely think this D-B team is good to great.  They should be 9-0 going into the Alcoa game.  Road games at Farragut and Science Hill worry me some.  Farragut is currently #8 in the TSSAA 6A poll.  They play Oak Ridge tomorrow night and we should have an idea how we stack up with the Admirals after getting a comparison tomorrow night when Farragut and the Wildcats hook it up.  

Science Hill is Science Hill.  It's a rivalry game.  Throw the records out the window.  The last two years, the team that looked the best on paper didn't win the contest.  In 2018, D-B won on the road against the Hilltoppers and didn't even make the playoffs.  Last year, Science Hill won and gave the Tribe it's only conference setback.

As for the playoffs, you can't even begin to think Cookeville until you get past the Red Rebels.  You can't even think about Maryville until you get past one or two other playoff games.  One week at a time.

Good post. Just a few years ago in class 4A,everyone had three teams from east TN ranked 1-2-3 and huge favorites that one would win the state.Not a one of them made it to the semi finals and a team from west TN won it all. I like DB's chances of winning atleast 8 or 9 regular season games If something unfortunate doesn't happen . All you have to do is make the playoffs and then all bets are off with this freaky 2020 season. 

27 minutes ago, haweanbula said:

I think D-B looks great this year from what I've seen. I think that it is very probably that they could potentially end up 9-1 going into the playoffs. I just don't feel like they can beat Alcoa. 

i agree. If we do beat Alcoa that is gonna change my whole outlook on how the playoffs will go. Right now Im worried about even getting to Maryville, much less beating them

On 9/7/2020 at 12:17 PM, timcraw said:

I remember that game. It went into overtime and i just knew theres no way we are keeping Devrin Young out of the endzone from 10 yards out lol. Ive heard Maryville is down from normal this year. But i find it hard to believe they wont be in atleast the semis. When Maryville is down, How down are they? lol

I just gotta jump on and say Maryville isn’t down. They just have guys that have been waiting their turn for three years while they graduated those D1’s last year. They are not Down you just don’t know who these guys are yet.  Their sophomore and junior class is pretty good and the seniors are a little unheard of this year because they had such a great SR class last year that they had to sit on the sidelines and wait till they got their turn after those guys graduated 

you guys lost to them 45-10 last yr.

how much better do you feel your team is this yr from last yr after playing Tn High and Oak Ridge and Bearden 

And is it because you have an older team this yr 

53 minutes ago, TornadoLeadRecruiter said:

I just gotta jump on and say Maryville isn’t down. They just have guys that have been waiting their turn for three years while they graduated those D1’s last year. They are not Down you just don’t know who these guys are yet.  Their sophomore and junior class is pretty good and the seniors are a little unheard of this year because they had such a great SR class last year that they had to sit on the sidelines and wait till they got their turn after those guys graduated 

how much better do you feel your team is this yr from last yr after playing Tn High and Oak Ridge and Bearden 

Dont get it too twisted. I dont plan on beating either Alcoa or Maryville this year LOL. I feel this team this year is alot more focused and disciplined than last year. Also the coaching staff continues to get better in my opinion. Joey Christian is doing an awesome job at the helm. As much of a legend as Graham Clark is in Kingsport, Joey is all around a better coach in my opinion. I have not seen Alcoa or Maryville play this year. I just heard that they werent as good as normal. Also we have over 30 seniors on our roster. That may be giving me some false hope. To be honest, here is kingsport we are happy if we make it to the 3rd round. Thats a good year for us LOL

1 hour ago, TornadoLeadRecruiter said:

All the d1 didn't graduate they still have Aj Davis