How good is DB?

timcraw

2 hours ago, timcraw said:

Dont get it too twisted. I dont plan on beating either Alcoa or Maryville this year LOL. I feel this team this year is alot more focused and disciplined than last year. Also the coaching staff continues to get better in my opinion. Joey Christian is doing an awesome job at the helm. As much of a legend as Graham Clark is in Kingsport, Joey is all around a better coach in my opinion. I have not seen Alcoa or Maryville play this year. I just heard that they werent as good as normal. Also we have over 30 seniors on our roster. That may be giving me some false hope. To be honest, here is kingsport we are happy if we make it to the 3rd round. Thats a good year for us LOL

I heard the coach does a pretty good job

but don’t be fooled about Maryville. They are really good

4 hours ago, timcraw said:

Dont get it too twisted. I dont plan on beating either Alcoa or Maryville this year LOL. I feel this team this year is alot more focused and disciplined than last year. Also the coaching staff continues to get better in my opinion. Joey Christian is doing an awesome job at the helm. As much of a legend as Graham Clark is in Kingsport, Joey is all around a better coach in my opinion. I have not seen Alcoa or Maryville play this year. I just heard that they werent as good as normal. Also we have over 30 seniors on our roster. That may be giving me some false hope. To be honest, here is kingsport we are happy if we make it to the 3rd round. Thats a good year for us LOL

People in Maryville can't even spell "Down Year". This is the best coaching staff top to bottom that DB has ever had in my opinion. But they have to shore up the coaching in the little leagues to get rid of all those silly mistakes. It's to late to coach bad habbits out of a player when he gets up to varsity. As for Clark being a legend, I don't know, maybe a legend at telling Mayberry jokes. Darrell Watson was the legend. Don't believe me. Look up the record with Watson and without Watson. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, WaCoJaCo said:

People in Maryville can't even spell "Down Year". This is the best coaching staff top to bottom that DB has ever had in my opinion. But they have to shore up the coaching in the little leagues to get rid of all those silly mistakes. It's to late to coach bad habbits out of a player when he gets up to varsity. As for Clark being a legend, I don't know, maybe a legend at telling Mayberry jokes. Darrell Watson was the legend. Don't believe me. Look up the record with Watson and without Watson. 

I agree on Clark. I shouldnt have said he IS a legend. I should have said he is treated as one by alot of people in Kingsport

1 hour ago, timcraw said:

I agree on Clark. I shouldnt have said he IS a legend. I should have said he is treated as one by alot of people in Kingsport

We have the coaches and coach Christian will put DB in a position to be successful.  Alcoa and Maryville have better athletes top to bottom.  DB has the best all around team they have had in a while.  The question is, can the coaches get this team to realize their true potential?  It all boils down to HEART!  DB can't play like they have in the past, they must practice everyday and play every game like there is no tomorrow.  This could be a special year with 30 seniors and being the 100 th year of DB football, but the kids must take ownership.  If the kids take ownership and stay healthy they could take DB from good to great at least for a season.

• 1 month later...
On ‎9‎/‎7‎/‎2020 at 1:54 PM, blazer1set said:

I have not seen DB play yet so this could change once I do, but as of now.....   I watched Alcoa absolutely destroy Blackman in the opening, in fact Blackman did not ever cross the 50 on offense.   So I will be surprised if DB scores more than 1 offensive TD against Alcoa.    Yeah, they are that good......

As the prophet hath so eloquently spoken....