Rockwood @ Meigs County

Yeti

2 minutes ago, Southtowner said:

So what's the consensus?   Meigs by 4-5 tds? 

I believe we will win. I'd say 2-3 tds since it's a region game. I'm hoping our tigers arent too confident. Rockwood in 17 showed us they wont lay down. Polk in 18 showed the same thing. Alot of times teams want it as bad as your team does. Then you either have to out coach them or out athlete them. I've never seen this be a clean game and tensions ride high for players and probably coaches. There may or may not have been a coach removed in this game vs Rockwood last year at Rockwood. Just to put it into perspective.

14 minutes ago, Imthayeti said:

I believe we will win. I'd say 2-3 tds since it's a region game. I'm hoping our tigers arent too confident. Rockwood in 17 showed us they wont lay down. Polk in 18 showed the same thing. Alot of times teams want it as bad as your team does. Then you either have to out coach them or out athlete them. I've never seen this be a clean game and tensions ride high for players and probably coaches. There may or may not have been a coach removed in this game vs Rockwood last year at Rockwood. Just to put it into perspective.

Fair assessment.  I'll take Meigs by multiple scores as well.  I'm thinking 34-8.

1 hour ago, Imthayeti said:

Rockwoods 17 team would beat this Rockwood team by 3 or 4 touchdowns. I understand your concern about the teams over-confidence and motivation, but that hasn't seemed to be an issue in a long time.

39 minutes ago, TigerNation said:

Rockwoods 17 team would beat this Rockwood team by 3 or 4 touchdowns. I understand your concern about the teams over-confidence and motivation, but that hasn't seemed to be an issue in a long time.

If we bring the intensity we had against Greenback we will coast into the sunset on Friday having culled a rival Tiger den. We are definitely capable I'm just hoping to see more of the same this year that I've seen in our first few games. This team can absolutely be something special if they keep their head in the game. I notice you didnt say the 17 Rockwood team would beat this years Meigs team. :mrgreen:

Edited by Imthayeti

52 minutes ago, Imthayeti said:

If we bring the intensity we had against Greenback we will coast into the sunset on Friday having culled a rival Tiger den. We are definitely capable I'm just hoping to see more of the same this year that I've seen in our first few games. This team can absolutely be something special if they keep their head in the game. I notice you didnt say the 17 Rockwood team would beat this years Meigs team. :mrgreen:

Well, the 17 team did beat Meigs(minus an injured Swafford)..and since he's gone, they might have a chance (logically speaking).

1 minute ago, TynerRamFan said:

Well, the 17 team did beat Meigs(minus an injured Swafford)..and since he's gone, they might have a chance (logically speaking).

Everyone has their day, just dont think we will be upset Friday. But it can happen. Your team and Bledsoe are living proof of it and I'm not being condescending. You won 19 in a row. Most would and probably did pick you all to win. 

3 minutes ago, Imthayeti said:

Everyone has their day, just dont think we will be upset Friday. But it can happen. Your team and Bledsoe are living proof of it and I'm not being condescending. You won 19 in a row. Most would and probably did pick you all to win. 

Without a doubt, we know that there has to be a favorite and an under dog(most times). Also that nothing is ever won on paper! Until that ball is kicked off it's any teams game. Meigs is the favorite and rightly so.. good luck on Friday!

58 minutes ago, TynerRamFan said:

Without a doubt, we know that there has to be a favorite and an under dog(most times). Also that nothing is ever won on paper! Until that ball is kicked off it's any teams game. Meigs is the favorite and rightly so.. good luck on Friday!

Hope yall have a good game too, I havent given up on you all. Dont know a lot about Georgia Force Christian though.

• Thanks 1

I am always concerned about our players staying focused and not over looking an opponent.  I have had that conversation this week. RW definitely has some talent. With # 1  they definitely have some speed.  I feel like they were able to capitalize on some big plays against OS and OS made sure they had plenty of opportunities.  I feel like the Heartbeat of Meigs is the Defense!  RW will come to play and our kids know that and welcome anyone's best game.

If I were to constructively criticize Meigs it would be in that some fundamental issues with the offensive line need to be addressed. I haven't seen a true on the field leader step up and lead. This won't become a real problem until our backs are against the wall a bit.  I'm sure it will all come together with more time.

1 hour ago, RunnerUp said:

I am always concerned about our players staying focused and not over looking an opponent.  I have had that conversation this week. RW definitely has some talent. With # 1  they definitely have some speed.  I feel like they were able to capitalize on some big plays against OS and OS made sure they had plenty of opportunities.  I feel like the Heartbeat of Meigs is the Defense!  RW will come to play and our kids know that and welcome anyone's best game.

If I were to constructively criticize Meigs it would be in that some fundamental issues with the offensive line need to be addressed. I haven't seen a true on the field leader step up and lead. This won't become a real problem until our backs are against the wall a bit.  I'm sure it will all come together with more time.

Good post, The defense remark is spot on. Defense is playing remarkably well this year so far. My earlier post was maybe a bit premature. Tigernation pointed out that it has been a good while since we haven't shown up with motivation or what I like to call Intensity and he's right. This being a region game and us being favored I'd just hate to see it happen is all. We all know what these region games mean. No one wants to :motorbike: In the playoffs if you dont have too. My biggest concern in this game is keeping the kids focused on a clean 4 quarter game really. This has been a wild game for us over the years. Not sure the fans, players, parents, and coaches get more involved in any other game like they do this one. It's a good rivalry and brings the best and worst out of all of us lol. Anyhow I hope the kids have fun and play a good game. 

2 hours ago, Imthayeti said:

Good post, The defense remark is spot on. Defense is playing remarkably well this year so far. My earlier post was maybe a bit premature. Tigernation pointed out that it has been a good while since we haven't shown up with motivation or what I like to call Intensity and he's right. This being a region game and us being favored I'd just hate to see it happen is all. We all know what these region games mean. No one wants to :motorbike: In the playoffs if you dont have too. My biggest concern in this game is keeping the kids focused on a clean 4 quarter game really. This has been a wild game for us over the years. Not sure the fans, players, parents, and coaches get more involved in any other game like they do this one. It's a good rivalry and brings the best and worst out of all of us lol. Anyhow I hope the kids have fun and play a good game. 

yeah has been a little chippy in the past