Rockwood @ Meigs County

Yeti

19 minutes ago, TigerNation said:

We're runner up in whatever 3A district we get put in and our season ends in (at worst) the second round of the playoffs, so I guess it depends on your definition of nowhere and not soon. We've got three good 2A years left. After that, who knows? Never know who is going to show up at MCHS.

You may not have 3 years left in 2A at all. Reclassification next season. All depends on your numbers and numbers state wide. Shoot Alcoa may be 2A next year, never know. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, crow said:

You may not have 3 years left in 2A at all. Reclassification next season. All depends on your numbers and numbers state wide. Shoot Alcoa may be 2A next year, never know. 

If you remember, they were classified  2A a few years ago....Moved back up to 3A at the 11th hour....THANK GOODNESS! 

1 minute ago, uknoit2 said:

If you remember, they were classified  2A a few years ago....Moved back up to 3A at the 11th hour....THANK GOODNESS! 

Yeah that was back when the TSSAA created the Super 32.

Alcoa had everyone in 2A shaking.   I believe they even used the media to put out the idea that they were staying put just so those in 3A wouldn't jump up to 4A.  They manipulated the media. 

4 minutes ago, Southtowner said:

Yeah that was back when the TSSAA created the Super 32.

Alcoa had everyone in 2A shaking.   I believe they even used the media to put out the idea that they were staying put just so those in 3A wouldn't jump up to 4A.  They manipulated the media. 

They did EXACTLY that...Those 3A programs (one here local) stayed in 3A thinking Alcoa would stay put in 2A...Didn't work out that way LOL

The local 3A here didn't chance it next time...They moved on up and have done well even against Greeneville 

Edited by uknoit2

3 minutes ago, crow said:

Alcoa was fairly close to being 2A last classification cycle. They'll play up. I think if they had their way they'd play in 4A just to get better gates in district. With TSSAA staying with 6 classes I'd say we're gonna be in the upper third of 2A enrollment sizes. Just a guess.

2 minutes ago, uknoit2 said:

We've been 3A twice in school history. Once (05-08) was a voluntary move up from 2A. Once (09-12) we were among the smallest enrollments in 3A.

1 minute ago, TigerNation said:

Alcoa was fairly close to being 2A last classification cycle. They'll play up. I think if they had their way they'd play in 4A just to get better gates in district. With TSSAA staying with 6 classes I'd say we're gonna be in the upper third of 2A enrollment sizes. Just a guess.

We've been 3A twice in school history. Once (05-08) was a voluntary move up from 2A. Once (09-12) we were among the smallest enrollments in 3A.

I'm with you on Alcoa and would like to see them in the 4A mix myself...And I bet you were a small 3A back in 09-12

Just now, uknoit2 said:

I'm with you on Alcoa and would like to see them in the 4A mix myself...And I bet you were a small 3A back in 09-12

That was a weird classification because you had Sequoyah with around 1000 kids, McMinn Central with around 750, and us and Tellico plains with around 550 all in the same 3A district. I think the Z Plan may have had something to do with that.

24 minutes ago, uknoit2 said:

Yes I remember, that’s why I said it. I’m fairly certain it was the Z plan era because we were 1A regular season 2A playoffs then. Now Alcoa has 646 enrollment, Squarely in 3A so if they “wanted” to play 4A they have the option to do so. I’d say anyone in the 550-575 range will be on the bubble and could go either way depending on everyone’s numbers state wide. I’d say anyone in the 350-375 Is on the 1A/2A bubble as well. 

• Like 1